“Irresponsible non-efficient staff!!!”

Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel
Ranked #22 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed June 17, 2010

One hour after our check-in I decided to to have a bath. Whilst in the bathroom a couple opened the door and entered my room!!. I was shocked and wrapped myself with a towel and we started to have a discussion!!! They insisted that this is their room and they had also just checked-in. After they left I went down to the lobby and complained. What was the response? The receptionist kept on laughing!!! and even saying jokes!! They said it might have been a computer error that made a double check-in!!! The inner door chain was not functioning, so I asked them several time to fix it to prevent anybody from entering my room again. They promised but nothing was done!
On our check-out we kept our bags in the luggage room. On leaving there was a big problem because they have put our bags with other bags carrying the number of another room!!
The room was ok, however the bed-linnen had holes in it. The carpets were stained. The only good thing about this hotel is its location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Bibawi
There are newer reviews for Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel

Reviewed June 15, 2010

when I booked this hotel, it was sitting at the number one spot on tripadvisor, and lemme say that it fell short in many ways. For the amount we paid to stay there, I am pretty sure we would have been more happy at the Commodore, just a half block down which looked and operated more like a real hotel. Sure the room was nice, but it wasn't *that* nice! The whole thing looked a bit tired, and the bathroom had ugly fluorescent lighting and un-tiled bits in the shower. It was comfortable enough - I mean the water pressure was good, the water was nice and hot, the bed was good to sleep in, the TV had enough channels, the room temperature was good. I mean all the basics were covered, but we kind of expected all in all just a nicer space in general because of the raving reviews. The lobby is teeny weeny, and the breakfast was so so. The whole experience was just so so and I guess it's just a reminder that you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with an overworked receptionist who was trying his best to put a smile on his face. I have several complaints about this hotel which made my stay in Beirut unpleasant. The unfriendly and rude staff, the inefficient housekeeping, expensive charges on local calls from the room and the tiny variety of food served during breakfast. For the price of the room, it is not worth your time to stay here. Not only that, there is no concierge to help you or suggest places to visit. The suggestions that are given by the receptionist are a shame. I don't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sara_shu
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Excellent hotel rooms are very big clean and very modern. To bad we found out about this hotel for our last night in Beirut. If we go back to Lebanon for sure we will reserve at this hotel wich is exquisite and very well located. Unfortunately we did not try the breakfast has we left the hotel very early. Now I understand why this hotel is number ONE.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We stayed in the Coral Suites as a result of the volcanic ash, having moved from Le Gabriel in Ashrafieh, but I wish we'd stayed in the Coral Suites for the whole of our time in Beirut.
We didn't know how long we were going to be there for - could have been up to 8 nights but we ended up staying for 5. The management were very relaxed about the uncertainty, and up-graded us to a junior suite at no extra cost, which was lovely and very generous of them.
The hotel is very comfortable, clean, newly and well re-furbished. The staff are friendly, professional and efficient. When in the lift or the lobby, managers frequently checked with us to make sure that we were happy with the hotel and the service.
I found Beirut quite a challenging city (well worth the visit though), but was always comfortable and at ease in this hotel and in Al Hamra in general.
The hotel has free wifi in all rooms, cable tv, a good place with sunshades to sit outside.
Breakfast was included and was really excellent. Room service was efficient, the meals were good and well priced.
Al Hamra is a great area of Beirut to be in - it is bustling, plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, other shops, and within walking distance of the Corniche and other interesting areas.
All round we were extremely happy with this hotel, would recommend it and would go back to it. If we hadn't had these few extra days I think I would probably have gone home hating Beirut, and the fact that I now feel that I enjoyed the experience and would return to the city shows what a difference a good hotel in the right location can make.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I went to Beirut for the weekend. We had a very comfortable stay. The rooms are spacious and very clean. We had their complementary breakfast and it was great and plenty. The staff were very helpful and nice. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I traveled with my family, including 2 infants. Stayed in Coral Suites Hamra for 5 nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel is brand new, so everything is clean and modern (we loved the design). The service was excellent, staff welcoming and helpful. The hotel is located close to Hamra street, and close to the best eatery in town - Barbar :) Really convenient, walking distance to the shopping area, cafes, AUB.

Our room included a bedroom (really huge bed, in which 4 of us could comfortably sleep - although the hotel provided us with baby-cots) and a small living-room with a kitchenette (microwave and fridge - plus for those with infants), and a bathroom with shower. Two TVs, free-of-charge wi-fi internet in the room.

The breakfast buffet was splendid, huge choice, everything fresh and tasty. We did not try the hotel's restaurant for lunch or dinner.

The hotel organised for us car rental for 40 USD/day.

There were only two things we didn't like:

1) the internet connection in the room was extremely slow
2) the view from the hotel windows - on one side of the hotel it is another building, on the other it is a devastated during the war skyscraper, pretty scary and depressing. No chance to enjoy sitting on the balcony.

We payed 145 USD per night (we extended our stay and that was the rate offered by the hotel). We will surely come back to Coral Suites if we happen to be in Beirut again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family