All reviewsi highly recommend this hotelairport pickupkind staffnice stayrouchehangerssupermarket
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have travelled all over the world writing about travel and have stayed in many many hotels, but until we arrived at this hotel I have never been a victim of theft.
We stayed for 8 nights and on the second morning after breakfast we inadvertently left our iPad unlocked in the room, something which we are ordinarily extremely cautious about. The following morning we went looking for it to take to breakfast to use the hotel's wifi and were horrified to find that it was no longer there.
The hotel began an investigation and thoroughly searched the video footage but without being able to see what occurred once staff were actually inside the room they couldn't pinpoint the theft conclusively. So we were left without our main tool for booking our upcoming 5 week holiday and also had to contend with the nightmare scenario of trying to obtain a police report from Lebanese Police who don't speak a word of English (we had to get our taxi driver to interpret!!) and who continued to refuse to help us, instead telling is to go to other stations in other districts.
After spending hours of our holiday and the cost of taxis, not to mention the sheer frustration of the whole exercise we finally gave up without getting the police report.

All of this aside, I have to say that this hotel is actually a very good place to stay. The location is close to the waterfront and Hamra district and the rooms are a good size and the breakfast is tasty.
Throughout our ordeal we received very kind support from Teddy - the hotel manager, who did his best to investigate and provide us assistance. He is a real gentleman and his professionalism was very much appreciated.
It might seem strange to recommend a hotel where an incident like this occurred but I don't believe that the hotel should suffer because of the actions of one person.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrDBP
Mak C, Director of Sales at City Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Mr. DBP,

First I would like to thank you for your cooperation and understanding. The situation you were put in was unacceptable and intolerable. We do our best to provide background checks for all our staff and our Closed Circuit Camera systems are located on each floor and at every exit. I am sure that you, Mr. Teddy and the authorities tried your hardest to pinpoint any theft by reviewing the cameras but to no avail. Once again we are sorry for the loss of your Ipad in Beirut and I hope it did not affect your stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the second time I stay at city suite Hotel. I stayed for 10days. Everything was magical. great experience. The rooms were very clean, the staff very polite and helpful. You definitely feel welcomed and at home. The room was very neat, clean. It is in a very convenient location and the staff were very helpful, assisting us and making reservations for our dinners, comedy nights, night clubs... Will definitely come back, hopefully soon. I give it my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Dr. Kay13,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and you have made it your home away from home! We take great pride in the quality and cleanliness of our rooms and suites and earning your trust and satisfaction is our priority. Thank you again for choosing City Suite Hotel Beirut and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Dear all,I stayed in this hotel a period of 7 days .I found it very convenient , wonderful stay and excellent service .you can use free Wi -Fi in the lobby for surfing internet either in receptionist or in small garden in front of hotel ,The ladies in the receptionist that she met us on arrival was very welcoming and very helpful and also we should not forget the men and ladies in the restaurant and in the receptionist also they are very welcoming people and very helpful, the room are very cleaning ,the bathroom as well .
overall ,I highly recommend it and the next time i'll stay in this hotel and I also recommend people to stay in the hotel ,at the end it contain all the people need beside the price is very convenient .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Hazem,

It makes me proud to read your review and I am glad that you found the services and the quality of our hotel to meet your expectations. It is our pleasure to accommodate you and I hope to have you at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have read the other reviews and they seem to cover all spectrums from excellent to poor. My experience was very good but i recognise why some people may have negative comments so hopefully i can provide a impartial review.
The lady receptionist who met us on arrival was very welcoming and throughout our stay the staff were helpful and attentive.
The price we paid compared to other hotels i have stayed in in Beirut for the same standard was good value for money. The hotel has all of the facilities that you would expect for the standard of hotel and there is ample parking at the rear of the hotel.
The breakfast was adequate; not extensive but there was enough variety. The only thing missing is fruit.
The room is modern, clean and tidy. It has all the facilities that you would expect. The hose leaks in the bathroom, the shower takes time to heat up and they do not always bring replacement soap/shower gel/shampoo. These didn't spoil our experience; we just called reception when we needed replacement items and they brought them straight away.
All in all for the money we paid (about $100 per night) the hotel was very good and i would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Dear All,

Take my advice and do not stay at this Hotel, it doesn’t worth the money you pay for.

Let me first talk about the room quality: the room it self was very tight and cleanliness rate was below average, the bathrooms are very tight it’s like a matchstick box and with no basin is inside, it’s outside near the room entrance that’s mean you have to get out to wash your hands after using the toilet “like public bathrooms”

The douche handle was broken and leaking water plus there were a lot of mold spots around the douche ceramics, not to mention that we didn’t receive a replacement for consumed Soap, Shampoo and Douche gel!!!

They have a huge problem with Air conditioning in the lobby and the breakfast area, the internet was very slow and the breakfast quality was very poor.

However I have to say that the Hotel staff in general was very friendly except the Receptionist lady.

Honestly I’ll never stay in this hotel again,

Best Regards,
Omar K

Room Tip: NIL, all rooms have no good view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Omar,

Thank you for your review. It is notes such as yours that help us improve our Hotel. We are glad that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. As for the room I understand that the single Economy room is a little undersized and to make use of the complete area we have the vanity installed just outside your bath. This provides more room for you in the washroom and it also allows for a sink just above the mini bar. I hope you reconsider your opinion about our hotel in the future and I would love to personally make it up to you as I would have if you had addressed the situation during your stay.