All reviewsi highly recommend this hotelairport pickupkind staffnice stayrouchehangerssupermarket
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The location is in a great location, very convenient. The staff are very friendly & they offer great customer service. I enjoyed my stay in Lebanon this year in this hotel. I will highly recommend it to my friends here in US when they visit Lebanon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in December. The location was great. Walking distance to the seaside and Rock of Raouché. About 10min walk to Alhamra. The staff were friendly especially Wael who helped arrange tours and taxis. We got a free upgrade on arrival which was nice.

Room for improvement: breakfast was limited but ok. Suggest more Lebanese cuisine items. The free WiFi in the lobby was very slow and was not working for most of the stay. Suggest a hotelwide WiFi.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank OmarUK1
CSH-fcw, General Manager at City Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest OmarUK1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with your kind words and important suggestions.

Guest feedback is crucial for us as it helps us monitor and improve our service. We appreciate your comments and we are glad you found our location and our staff service to your satisfaction. We hope to consistently be able to serve all our valued guests in the same high standard of hospitality time and time again.

We find your suggestions for the breakfast buffet and the WiFi very relevant and we are enhancing those particular services.

The City Suite Hotel team hopes to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2012

One of the worst hotels I ever stayed for 330 usd a night (i had a suit room). I know I had to pay double the normal price if I want to spend Christmas in Beirut, thanks to Lebanese coming back home, but how can this hotel be rated the second in the tripadvisor list?
December 30th 31st and January 1st. I had to wake up at 10am everyday thanks to the construction across the hotel. The hotel manager offered a free breakfast at 11:10 (breakfast ends at 11:00) but all I wanted was to get my sleep. Rooms ok, not more. Location is ok, not more. If you are travelling to Beirut, stay in downtown.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
CSH-fcw, General Manager at City Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest morisabravaya,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.We are very sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was not to your expectations.

We try very hard to satisfy each and every one of our guest's needs by providing excellent service, well trained staff and exceptional accommodation. It is unfortunate that the neighboring building was being demolished in December and if there were any rooms available we would have been able and very glad to accommodate you on a quieter floor but as you mentioned the hotel was fully booked during that time. We try our best to provide the best service and hospitality, but some incidents are beyond our control, like the demolition of the building across the street.
Luckily, the demolition is over and there should no longer be any problem regarding this.

Again, I hope that you will accept my sincere apology, we appreciate your feedback, and we hope that we can get the chance to make it up to you during your next visit to Beirut.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel over New Years, and I have to say I was very unimpressed. We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings-- It was listed as one of the top hotels in Beirut and had a nightly rate <$200. I rarely leave negative reviews, but felt I should post this to prevent other loyal TA users from making the same mistake.

Here are the reasons I am rating it as poor:

1. A couple months after booking the room, I arranged an airport pick-up via email. I confirmed once again via email a week before our trip. When we arrived, no one was there to pick us up. After waiting 15 min, I found a phone to call them and they told me it would be ~15 min more for them to get there. They had clearly forgotten us. We ended up taking a normal hotel taxi instead.

2. When we arrived to the hotel, it took over 30 min to check in. Our room was not ready and we had to wait 10 min before we could go up. They took our passports to copy and told us to sit down. They did not give us back our passports until my husband asked several times over ~20 min.

3. Limited hot water. 2/4 nights we were there, we had to take cold showers. The other 2 it was lukewarm. We called them one night to have it fixed, and they came up and told us it took awhile to warm up. We left the water on for 20 min, and it never got more than lukewarm.

4. They randomly would not replace things in the room. One day they only gave us 1 bath towel. Another day they forgot to give us a hand towel. They only gave us shampoo on the 1st and 2nd day.

5. Our room (#302) was supposed to be a "suite," but it was very tiny. You had to step over the toilet to get into the shower. The toilet seat and lid were broken, perhaps because people were stepping on it to get in the shower (?). It was also nearly impossible to shut the bathroom door once inside. The view outside the window was of a construction site. All we heard all day was the sound of the building next door being demolished.

6. It said on my reservation that a Wi-Fi internet station was included. There was free wi-fi in the lobby, but we were told the one in the room was extra.

7. We called them for a wake-up call before our flight, but they forgot. The did apologize when they called us to tell us our airport taxi had arrived.

8. I ordered a glass of red wine at the bar, and the glass I got was totally oxidized (dark brown). They did replace it after I asked.

9. We booked a room with a king bed, but it really was just two twins pushed together. The blanket didn't fully cover the whole bed.

10. The place was relatively clean, but there was some sort of sticky sludge on the table my husband put his bag on by accident.

11. Our key cards stopped working twice. When we asked them to reprogram them, they just asked the room number. They didn't confirm our names or anything.

To be fair, there were a few positives:

1. The style of the hotel was modern. There was nice artwork in the rooms compared to typical hotel art in this price range-- original oil on canvas than the typical

2. The location was near the sea which made it nice for walking. It is pretty far though from downtown and shopping.

3. The staff was nice and tried to be helpful, although they seemed inexperienced and absent-minded at times.

4. Breakfast was included, but it was nothing special.

Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you do choose this hotel, avoid room #302.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank snsmith27
CSH-fcw, General Manager at City Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest snsmith27,

Please allow us to express our deepest apologies to you and your spouse.

There is no excuse for the taxi not meeting you at the airport and I will personally follow up with the company to see why your request was overlooked. As with regards to your experience at our hotel, please allow me to address your concerns

Our standard check in time is 2 pm and you arrived at the hotel at 11:30 am. We were doing our best to check you in early, althought the room was not ready, we managed to check you in before noon. Still, we apologize for the misunderstanding and the inconvenience you experienced.

Due to the simultaneous high demand on hot water during the holidays some of the rooms were experiencing water temperatures that were not ideal. This heating issue is being resolved and extra water pumps will be installed urgently.

I looked back at our employee log for the house keepers that serviced your room and rescheduled them the necessary training. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We know that the washrooms in our standard rooms are somewhat small. We are working on future plans to expand them. However, I am unsure why you were under the impression that your room was a suite, since the reservation documents we received requested an executive room, not a suite. As for the demolition across the street, this is unfortunate but we can't do anything about it except increase the frequency of cleaning which we are doing; luckily, the rubble should be removed in a week's time.

Free WIFI is available in all the public areas of the hotel as stated on our website.

There is no excuse again and I am working very hard to make sure that this sort of mistake does not happen again to another guest.

Thank you for acknowledging the positive points about our hotel, and we appreciate that you took the time to share your experience, we take that as a reminder to continue with our efforts to provide the best service to every one of our guests.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope that we can make it up to you during your next visit to Beirut.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we had absolutely nothing to complain about. We reserved a double room but when we arrived there were no double rooms available so we got a free upgrade to a suite :) but too bad this suite was right across from a construction site, which was too noisy and we woke up pretty early from the sound so we asked for a room change and the staff was more than willing to help us out and so we were moved to another suite on the other side of the hotel and we had no complaint about the sound whatsoever. The bathroom is a little small and the breakfast buffet didn't have a huge variety.

Room Tip: Request a room that is far away from the construction site
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple