“good hotel but could be better”
Review of The BayView Hotel

The BayView Hotel
Ranked #10 of 46 Beirut B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during christmas holidays. I found it a very good discount and decided to book it.
At check in they authorized my credit card with the whole amount of stay + an additional 100 $!! When i complained that there is no reason to authorize the CC with an additional amount they said they will charge the credit card with the actual amount of my bill at check-out time.

The hotel is in a good location overlooking the sea which is its only privilege. The room was ok but was in need of renovation. The breakfast was ok, it is served in the restaurant located at the last floor of the hotel and overlooking the sea.
I have no complaints from my stay but i would have felt ripped off if i had payed the usual amount that the hotel charges for one night...The discounted offer i booked was more than enough for the value i got from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel was way too noisy for me, even by Beirut standards. It is nestled in the Y-intersection of two very busy roads, plus there is a big construction site across the street - this means that there is a lot of noise from the roads, especially since Beirut drivers love honking their horns. I didn't like this, but thought I could deal with it, until I realised that there is a "pub-restaurant" on top of the hotel that plays thumping music until after midnight: I had earplugs in and two pillows on my ears and I could still hear it. Sea views are nice and the staff were very courteous, but neither could compensate for the noise levels. The decor is kind of bland, as well. I tried shifting rooms, but after two nights of poor sleep, I fled. I honestly don't know how other guests bear it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Kirsten_Hackney
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't my first time visiting the hotel, we visited back in 2004 and though it wasn't to stay in their rooms, as we live in beirut, but rather for the fabulous view that their restaurant overlooks.
This time we were back, i was taking my mom cousin and aunt out and i wanted something nice and we dressed really well as we were visiting somewhere fancy (My mom and aunt both were veils the kind were they cover their head and show their faces).
We arrived at the c lounge and we sat right facing the fabulous view. there weren't many people around and we choose somewhere far from the crowd as we did want some tranquility. The waiter came right to us and told us that we are not allowed to sit there, at first he didn't say why and he told us we can only sit in the corner and when we insisted on knowing why, he said the administration does not allow veiled people to sit in the lounge and that he is offering the corner to us out of good intentions.
We did what any person with dignity would do. Get out and left. They were happy to have us leave. Later that day I sent the hotel a complaint email, they never appologized or responded.

If you want to support people with discriminitative ideas, bayview hotel is the place to visit.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Ahmad D
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Location is absolutely excellent overlooking the beautiful Beirut Cornish, on the top of hard rock cafe, and on a walking distance from Beirut Souk, but only if you like walking early in the morning since the distance is like 10 or 15min and this would be like a torture in summer time with all the humidity you can expect in this city; by taxi you can reach everywhere

Room is of adequate size, with very basic amenities. No coffee and tea making facilities, no complementary water bottles (4-star hotel) and lighting is very old style. They do have safe box and LCD with some good international channels. Carpet on the floor is a plus in hotels BUT only if it is new, super clean, and with no stains or torn parts. This was not evident in the two rooms that I tried during my stay.

Business center is a joke and no free WIFI internet in any part of the hotel, neither the rooms or the reception.

For a 4-star hotel, I cannot accept a cold room in December. It was 6pm when I called the reception complaining about the room temperature that was impossible to adjust while the AC is working on cold still (not heat), and they suggested to provide me with an extra duvet. Did I mention that it was 6pm and I don't usually sleep at that time?!!!.

Bathroom is old, water mixers need some creativity to get the water temperature you would like to have, and some old stains on the surface of the tub. Towels are clean and as new.

Breakfast was a challenge. Adequate for the first day but it gets very boring after the second morning. Scrambled egg is there but if you want to have fried or omelet then you will have to pay extra charge, a bit strange for a 4star hotel. I paid something like 6 USD extra for 2 simple fried egg dish.

Noisy rooms, no matter on what side of the hotel, and fireworks in the middle of the night is not what everyone would love to have during a business trip.

I stayed in much better 4-star hotels in Beirut and in the same area.

I guess the hotel management should look seriously to the matter and see how they can get the glory back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Haytham_Adventures
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed November 2, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks with a friend to visit Lebanon, the land of my grandfather. I was looking for an hotel in an hotel in a nice area and of course somewhere where I could be happy for two weeks. I never imagined what the service the Bayview had. Since the moment I arrived everything was done fast and easy, with no rush for paying the two weeks. The staff throughout my stay was nice and helpful.
I was given a pretty big room with a terrace facing the sea which was a nice detail, the cleanliness of the room was great and spotless. Even when we woke up late and left the room at 2 pm they cleaned it no matter what.
The rate I paid had the breakfast included which consiste purely on a Lebanese breakfast, which I loved. Although it doesnt get you completely full.
If I go back to Lebanon I will certainly go back to this hotel. My stay in Lebanon wouldnt have been the same without the trait I received. I have been wanting to write this review for a few months because they truly deserve it. Congratulations and keep it up!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

the place is very comfy,, cleanliness is a five stars, location is great its close everything, rooms are spacious, loved the carpet in the room, the toilets are old a lil bit and needs renovation but still gets 7/10, we got an amazing deal with easytobook but otherwise its a bit expensive place. the bar at the roof top is AMAZING and very cool loubge and deep house music.
all in all it's 9/10