“Ideal location, good value for money”

Ramada Beirut Downtown
Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Dubai
“Ideal location, good value for money”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We selected the hotel due to the reputation it carries in dubai and the location. We weren't disappointed on both counts. Perhaps more can be done to improve service. There were Instances like towels left on floor and mugs left uncleaned even after housekeeping visit, 2 requests for an adapter not addressed, empty minibar throughout our stay and had to wait long to get new wifi password. Despite all this, a 100 dollar price tag for a central location in a clean premises was worth it. I hope mentioning these points help management improve standards further.

Room Tip: There's no gym and no rooms with view due to construction all around
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am pleased to know that you enjoy your stay and location of the hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. I will definitely investigate regarding the towels, the mugs and non replenishment of your mini bar.

I hope this will not refrain you from coming back and we all look forward to welcoming you again to Ramada Beirut -Downtown assuring you of our best care and quality services.

I also take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year 2013 full of happiness and success

Best regards
Yasmine Eid Maalouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Very Good Hotel in the heart of Beirut. I stayed there for 1 month on a Business Trip. Travelling Again for a month.
Food was little monotonous as I got bored eating the same food for 30 days. Not a lot of variety. Hope this time the food has more variety :):)
Would recomend this hotel to everyone.
Also I would have loved if they has a pool and a fitness center !!!!

Room Tip: Higher Floors have good scenic view :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

As for the food, we are in a process of changing the menu with a bigger choice, so hopefully on your next stay, you will have new items.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronnage and recommending Ramada Beirut-Downtown

We are looking forward to welcoming back soon, please let us know in advance then we can block your favorite room. Meanwhile, we remain at your disposal for any future inquiries you may need.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ten out of ten for good clean comfortable room. The decor the comfortable bed made my stay enjoyable. In particular I liked the quiet air conditioning, free wifi in lobby/bar/spotlessly clean rooms/complimentory tea-coffee in rooms and overall concern that your stay was to be a happy one.
I would congratulate the reception staff and bar staff for their hospitality, politeness at all times. I would ask the management to note 'your staff are a credit to your hotel'

I would stay again and i liked its location which was easy to get to Hamra and East Beirut.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am very glad to notice that your stay with us was very satisfactory. In addition, I would like to thank you for the staff comment, and please rest assured we will forward your message, particularly to the Reception and Bar Team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again to Ramada Beirut- Downtown, assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Beirut Downtown hotel for only 1 night, arriving late in the evening and checking out the next day. I had booked an executive room for $120 (special offer on booking.com compared to the list price on the hotel's website which was $286).

The check-in was quick, the staff accepted very kindly to offer me a late checkout till 3pm and being already 11pm I ordered room service which arrived to my room within 15 minutes and was very tasty. The room I had (executive) was exactly as it appears in photos and there are many 5-star hotels which are far more basic.

The breakfast was not the best I ever had but was very decent.

The hotel is ideally located for business and shopping as well. When I checked out I had 2 hrs before having to get to the airport and the staff at the reception kindly kept my luggage to allow me to go for a walk and quick shopping downtown and had a taxi for me right when I ordered it. Quite importantly when the taxi is called from the hotel it charges appropriately (paid $60 to get from airport to hotel with a taxi-pirate and only $30 for the taxi that the hotel arranged for me to get me to the airport from the hotel).

Only downsides is nearby construction and noise, limited Wi-Fi (they give you 100MB and need to pay extra for more capacity) and weak telephone signal in my room (did not have 3G).

My overall feeling is very positive and I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Beirut, especially if they can get a good dead like the one I got on booking.com

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailled review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I will check with our IT Departement regarding the weak telephone signal.

Should you have any suggestions or comments in order to make your next stay with us even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let me know.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon , assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Best regards,
Ravenna
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Close to the city centre and places to be visited, service is of a great quality and promptness, optimum price/quality. If you do not mind 100$ per night is your choice, breakfast is paid separately and the quality is good, you can also call for an expresso. There is a site construction building right now going on but there is no noise during the night time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, our location, staff and services. Your kind mail will be forwarded to our Team.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronnage and we are looking forward to welcoming back soon at the Ramada Beirut Downtown. Meanwhile, we remain at your disposal for any future inquiries you may need.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have booked "1 King Bed Non Smoking Room With High Speed Internet Access" while upon arrival I was given a twin beds room and the duty manager Mr. Eid insisted that no free internet offered even if the booking says so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your taking the time to post your review regarding your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenient regarding the allocation of your room as well as the internet access misunderstanding - which I was informed was granted later as per the confirmation letter.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your next booking to arrange your rooms requirements
before your arrival. I will be pleased to upgrade you to a Suite on your next stay.

Best regards
Yasmine Maalouf- General Manager
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A couple of things i do like to point out.. location wise really nice. The staff are really friendly and the interior of the hotels are really good. They do provide you with almost all the services that you like. The exterior and the view from the hotel is not that great. It is quite clean and the room service does a good job.
The hotel does have a nice bar and a restaurant. The morning buffet was ok nothing great but yes they do serve a lot of Lebanese food.
Smoking rooms are very limited you need to book in advance. The hotel is just 15 minutes from the airport and 2 min to one of the best shopping areas in beirut and the souk. Location wise i'd give it a thumbs up.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms away from the construction site if you are travelling anytime in the near futur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

With regards to the non smoking rooms inventory, due to the new non smoking law in Lebanon, applicable since now one month, we unfortunately had to reduce the number of smoking rooms.

Please don't hesistate to contact us at anytime for your next booking, we will be pleased to take care of your inquiries and book your preffered room.

Meanwhile we remain at your diposal for any furture requests and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With my best regards,