TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Beirut
Limassol, Cyprus
“Ramada for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Beirut Downtown hotel for only 1 night, arriving late in the evening and checking out the next day. I had booked an executive room for $120 (special offer on booking.com compared to the list price on the hotel's website which was $286).

The check-in was quick, the staff accepted very kindly to offer me a late checkout till 3pm and being already 11pm I ordered room service which arrived to my room within 15 minutes and was very tasty. The room I had (executive) was exactly as it appears in photos and there are many 5-star hotels which are far more basic.

The breakfast was not the best I ever had but was very decent.

The hotel is ideally located for business and shopping as well. When I checked out I had 2 hrs before having to get to the airport and the staff at the reception kindly kept my luggage to allow me to go for a walk and quick shopping downtown and had a taxi for me right when I ordered it. Quite importantly when the taxi is called from the hotel it charges appropriately (paid $60 to get from airport to hotel with a taxi-pirate and only $30 for the taxi that the hotel arranged for me to get me to the airport from the hotel).

Only downsides is nearby construction and noise, limited Wi-Fi (they give you 100MB and need to pay extra for more capacity) and weak telephone signal in my room (did not have 3G).

My overall feeling is very positive and I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Beirut, especially if they can get a good dead like the one I got on booking.com

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailled review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I will check with our IT Departement regarding the weak telephone signal.

Should you have any suggestions or comments in order to make your next stay with us even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let me know.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon , assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Best regards,
Yasmine Eid Maalouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ravenna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Close to the city centre and places to be visited, service is of a great quality and promptness, optimum price/quality. If you do not mind 100$ per night is your choice, breakfast is paid separately and the quality is good, you can also call for an expresso. There is a site construction building right now going on but there is no noise during the night time.

• 5 of 5 stars
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, our location, staff and services. Your kind mail will be forwarded to our Team.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronnage and we are looking forward to welcoming back soon at the Ramada Beirut Downtown. Meanwhile, we remain at your disposal for any future inquiries you may need.

With my best regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have booked "1 King Bed Non Smoking Room With High Speed Internet Access" while upon arrival I was given a twin beds room and the duty manager Mr. Eid insisted that no free internet offered even if the booking says so.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your taking the time to post your review regarding your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenient regarding the allocation of your room as well as the internet access misunderstanding - which I was informed was granted later as per the confirmation letter.

I hope this will not refrain you from coming back and we all look forward to welcoming you again to Ramada Beirut -Downtown assuring you of our best care and quality services.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your next booking to arrange your rooms requirements
before your arrival. I will be pleased to upgrade you to a Suite on your next stay.

Best regards
Yasmine Maalouf- General Manager
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A couple of things i do like to point out.. location wise really nice. The staff are really friendly and the interior of the hotels are really good. They do provide you with almost all the services that you like. The exterior and the view from the hotel is not that great. It is quite clean and the room service does a good job.
The hotel does have a nice bar and a restaurant. The morning buffet was ok nothing great but yes they do serve a lot of Lebanese food.
Smoking rooms are very limited you need to book in advance. The hotel is just 15 minutes from the airport and 2 min to one of the best shopping areas in beirut and the souk. Location wise i'd give it a thumbs up.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms away from the construction site if you are travelling anytime in the near futur...
    • 4 of 5 stars
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

With regards to the non smoking rooms inventory, due to the new non smoking law in Lebanon, applicable since now one month, we unfortunately had to reduce the number of smoking rooms.

Please don't hesistate to contact us at anytime for your next booking, we will be pleased to take care of your inquiries and book your preffered room.

Meanwhile we remain at your diposal for any furture requests and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With my best regards,

Tasmania, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very handy location, walk to Beirut Souk Mall, plus Zaytoun Bay. Only suggestion would be for them to have a couple of computers available for guest use. A little noisy due to construction next door. Good view from our 11th floor room of the sea and city.

Room Tip: Choose an Exec Room, quite spacious
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank aussieindubai23
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay, our location as well as your room view.

We are under the process of redesigning our Business Center with few computers for our guests. I hope you will have the pleasure to use it on your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards
Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had the pleasure to stay for one night at Ramada Downtown hotel. I was very impressed by the welcoming upon arrival. General speaking great team, decent hotel, near by commercial and shopping districts. Big thanks goes to Mrs Yasmine Maalouf for her great hospitality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review about your pleasant experience during your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and our service.

I would like to thank you personnaly for your kinds words.

Please don t hesitate to contact me at anytime for your future inquiries. I am looking forward to welcoming back again very soon at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

With my best regards,
Yasmine Maalouf
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very close to the BIEL trade fair, this hotel has excellent rooms which are are very clean. I had good and bad experiences with the staff, but overall they were friendly and helpful.

It is a pity that the sleep quality was not so good due to some construction work next to the hotel and maintenance in the elevators as well.

Breakfast was ok, but it was lacking fruit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our Roosm and Location. I apologize for the inconsistency of the Staff, please rest assure I will investigate regarding this matter.

With regards to the fruits comment, I will forward your comment to the Chef.

Again, on behalf of our Team, I would like to thank for your patronnage. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,