“A little disappointing this time”
Review of Paul

Paul
Ranked #2 of 9 Bakeries in Beirut
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you've read my previous review of Paul, you'll discover I've been a fan of Paul's prix fix breakfast for a few years. We arrived around 11 am Saturday morning and although busy as usual, we were seated outside promptly. The waiter who took our order arrived quickly, was helpful and spoke excellent English and French. Our coffees, jams and bread and pastry basket arrived quickly. We were sorry to see that the large flaky croissant included in the omelette breakfast had been replaced by a couple of smaller ones. We found them a little doughy, not memorable. And my cappuccino was not as hot as I would have liked. We finished our breads, then our juice and then our coffees and still no waiter. When our omelettes finally arrived we asked for a little more bread - which never did come. We borrowed pepper and salt from the table next - who had borrowed it from the table next to them. Happily, our omelettes and salad were as satisfying as I had expected.
We will return to Paul's again for breakfast;we'll hope that it was just one slightly off day. And we'll always return for the bakery. Paul's baguette never fails to take us back to Paris.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The best time to go to Paul is on Breakfast Time....... You can eat Omelet, bread with all kinds of cheese your way, croissant, and many other things but it's not cheap in prices at all but has great taste!!

3  Thank Dany C
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Paul is yet another international chain. eat there when you're in Paris, but when in Beirut, you have tons of local restaurant that serve delicious food. yes, Paul is good. overpriced but good. yay. nothing special though. do you wanna eat local or do you wanna eat standard? it's your vacation, your call. I vote avoid :)

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The fiancé' wanted to try it out for breakfast, so today was the first time we go to Paul. We chose to go to the Zaytoona Bay branch as it is the newest and the most up-class of them all.

Needless to say we came in with good expectations , although a couple of friends warned us not to go to Paul as they had terrible experiences (Torn menus, unprofessional staff, etc..).

To begun with, there was no waiter or waitress to greet us and show us to our place. There were plenty of empty tables but all were soiled with leftover foods and empty glasses and dirty napkins. After we got the waitresses attention, a good 5 minutes, it took them around 10 min to clean up a table and then just threw the menus on the table without any sign of friendliness.

When the food came in, it was cold, chewy, and hard as rubber. I explicitly asked the waiter for coffee creamer instead of milk, and reminded other waiters 3 times before i gave up and headed towards the head waiter and demanded coffee creamer.

I tend to judge a restaurant's cleanliness by the cleanliness of its toilets, and if my theory is true, then I surely hope I won't be getting any case of food poisoning from Paul.

Note: another couple sat behind us and they too were disappointed, the guy returned his sandwich 2 times before finally settling in.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Average food for a quick launch break, sitting outside on the Zaitunay bay, surrounded by yacht.