Copthorne Kuwait City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Kuwait City(Kuwait City)
Very Good 4/5
Plaza Athenee Hotel(Kuwait City)
View Hotel
Ibis Sharq Kuwait(Kuwait City)
Great 4.5/5
Adams Hotel(Kuwait City)
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsholiday innbusiness tripmr princebusiness hotelnice hotelreception teamvery comfortable staywalking distancenice foodexcellent servicecoffee shopgreat hospitalitychecking outhealth clubnon smokingsea viewexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Holiday Inn Downtown Kuwait is located in a fabulous location within Kuwait City, near the Dasman Roundabout which puts it very near the Dasman Palace. The area is posh and traffic-free, and the hotel itself is quite luxurious and comfortable to stay. I was staying on company business and had a corporate booking, so the room rate included breakfast, free Internet and pick-up and drop from the airport. However, the two attempts at eating anything other than the breakfast buffet inside the hotel resulted in uniformly bad experience. One time I ordered Greek Salad from the cafetaria, and the dish was way too salty and impossible to eat. Another time I had ordered Dal Fry with Rice via room service, and the food was disastrously cooked and expensively priced. My recommendation - stay in here but eat out.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose a Deluxe room and get all the freebies I've stated in my review. The view outside is one of a concrete jungle, so its pointless to negotiate on the view from the room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, your comments are so important to us and we hope you had a great experience with us.

Assuring you our best attention at all time and looking forward to see you soon

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Again Holiday Inn downtown in Kuwait is surprising me, I sent my bag with the driver from airport pick up, and arriving hotel late, my room was assigned, bag in and I am ready to relax, Thanks Holiday Inn for your excellent service.

Room Tip: Executive non-smoking rooms are the best amenties
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, and thanks a lot for your beautiful words on our hotel and services. this is something our staff takes pride in.

Assuring you our best service at all time and looking forward to see you soon staying with us.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The hotel was very modern, clean, service is excellent, good gym, nice restaurant with a good breakfast. Ideal for a business trip. Personally Kuwait is not for me as a holiday destination but I could not fault the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown to stay in, we appreciate and value your review and comments on our hotel, we are glad to know that you liked our hotel and our facilities and we assure you our best attention and best quality of service at all time
Looking forward to see you soon staying with us.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My visit to Kuwait has been very frequent in 2012, 2013 and now in 2014. This review is for Holiday Inn at Downtown, while they have one at Salmiya, which is excellent to stay at.

Holiday Inn Downtown which was recently opened had a lot more to give. It served the same way that Salmiya served, but I felt the management still requires to more efforts to make people comfortable. It was the second day that I felt there is a change when at the brealfast table, the F&B Manager made a self attempt to provide a good and contemplating service to the guest including me, this change of attempt made my decision of this hotel.

The hotel is absolutely clean and well maintained, spacious and bed was comfortable, bathroom had its excellent accessories. Me being a privelage member of IHG as Gold Elite and the IHG guest services and recognition was seen but could be improved upon.

The only dis-advantage of this hotel that I heard and experienced is the wedding cermony when it is happening, it is very loud and could be heard in the rooms.

I am going again in May 2014, but would be staying at Holiday Inn Salmiya and not at Downtown location as I feel more comfortable.

Room Tip: No choice as most of the rooms you will have is facing the city side
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, General Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown to stay in, we value and appreciate your review on our hotel and your comments are so important to us and we promise you our best attention and best quality of service at all time
Looking forward to see you soon staying with us,

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

A nice business Hotel that's providing all necessary services, clean rooms at fair prices; breakfast service at the restaurant is time consuming - so is the use of lifts once local families have checked in

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown to stay in, we appreciate your review on our hotel and we promise you our best attention at all time
Looking forward to see you soon staying with us,