Copthorne Kuwait City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Kuwait City(Kuwait City)
View Hotel
Ibis Sharq Kuwait(Kuwait City)
Adams Hotel(Kuwait City)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsholiday innbusiness tripmr princebusiness hotelnice hotelreception teamvery comfortable staywalking distancenice foodexcellent servicecoffee shopgreat hospitalitychecking outhealth clubnon smokingsea viewexcellent stay
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Good Ambience. you will get internet-not wifi.
They have airport pickup and drop facility and good front office staff.
Security is non-compromising. Good restaurent with large choice of menu and good taste

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Balajee_Vasireddi
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, Public Relations Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time to express your views about our hotel, assuring you of our best attention at all time.

Look forward to welcome you again to your home away from home.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Security is very well, clean with proper and well equipped room. Little bit old fashioned however good price/quality.
Pool, sauna and gym are very nice and extremely hygienic.
In general bit old fashioned but that's what you get for that price. You pay a bit more for a very nice room instead of other hotels where you pay the much more for a standard room.
One word; very nice

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Zpeck
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, Public Relations Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we wish to see you again.

We do appreciate your positive comments on our Hotel.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from 14 to 18-Oct'12 (04-nights) during a business trip to Kuwait. The hotel is conveniently located at Kuwait City. Has 3 restaurants. The Lebanese "Laylaki" was superb. If you love Lebanese cuisine a visit to this restaurants is a must. Out of the 3 dinners that I had in the hotel 2 were at Laylaki. The breakfast menu is vast and wide spread though the staff at the restaurant (Downtown restaurant) was not so hospitable. They wills erve you the bill even before you have had your first bite. Coming to the rooms. The rooms are comparitively smaller. they are clean and well maintained. One peculiar problem that I faced was that the water in the shower as well as the wash basin was unomfortably hot, even when the knob is placed at the lowest temperature position. When I brought the matter to the notice of the duty manager, he expressed his inability to do anything, but I am sure that you have cooling systems available to take care of such problems. The housekeeping service was very good. They took care of the details. The internet was excellent. Though I was not happy about a few things right from the time I checked in till the last day when I had to check-out but the other duty manager Ms. Roschelle Sunga in one stroke of action took great efforts to amend the dissatisfaction that I had experienced. She went out of the way to do whatever she can and I really left with a smile. I will definitely come back to this hotel whenever I am in Kuwait again.

Room Tip: The hotel is not really very close tot he sea, but you do get a view of the sea from the room. I will not call it exactly a sea view hotel. Construction work is going on in front of the hotel. Request for higher floors for a panoramic view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for your honest review on our Hotel,

Your comments & reviews are highly important to us so we can make your next experience with us much more better.

Again thanks for reviewing our Hotel

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip to Kuwait and wil use the hotel again when I return. Check in was prompt and efficient and I was given an upgrade to a room on the executive floor along with entry to the executive lounge on floor 20. The room was a very good size with all the amenities you would expect and a decent sized flat screen TV. WiFi was complimentary, but I'm not sure if that applies only to the executive rooms, but there is free wifi in the public areas.

The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with toiletries and wash cloths (I hate not having a wash cloth).

Sadly, I didn't have time to use the pool so I cannot comment on that, but the photographs looked nice.

Breakfast was a buffet affair with plenty of choice for everyone and eggs cooked fresh for you by the chef.

The hotel itself was well located for the city and shopping.

All in all, a good stay and it will be my hotel of choice when I return. Just in case you are unaware (I was) Kuwait is a dry country, so there's nowhere for a beer after the business day ends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on our Hotel, and we wish to see you again soon.

We promise you that your next visit & experience with us will be much better and we wish we have met your expectation.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Hotel Downtown Kuwait for three nights during September 2012. This was the third time I have used this hotel during the past 12 months (So I will combine my experiences)

I got a very good first impression of the hotel during the check-in process. The staff were very professional, efficient and polite.

The bedroom was modern, clean and perfect for short to medium length business trips.

Internet access is provided free of charge in rooms and even in the hotel lobby.

There is a pool and gym and whilst I didn't use either colleagues who have stayed here say they are very good.

Breakfast is a buffet (isn't it always) and the food is very good for a buffet with a chef on hand to cook eggs (dont expect eggs cooking at 6:30 though as he didn't turn up on time until 6:45 which is a pain if you a leaving at 7:00 as I was)
The staff in the breakfast buffet were pretty good although sometimes I got the impression they were a little short of people and under a bit of pressure

I used the evening restaurant twice and both times they had "eat all you like buffets" (Mexican and then Asian)
The food was average to good but thats how buffets are in my humble opinion, I find quantity over quality not too appealing although I realise in the ME this is the favoured way of doing things.

There is a cafe in the foyer which I enjoyed using plenty of drink selection, a reasonable snack selection and the staff were always excellent.

There is a Lebanese restaurant in the hotel (at the side actually) and whilst I didn't use the restaurant, I ordered from the menu and ate in the cafe, the food was excellent.

A short walk away there is a McDonalds and a Starbucks and the Corniche is within easy reach with all the amenities that has to offer.

Check out was as pleasant as the check-in.

I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to friends and colleagues (and have done so)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comment and review on our Hotel.
And we wish always to meet your expectations