Copthorne Kuwait City
Ibis Salmiya(Kuwait City)(Great Value!)
$122
$111
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$280
$224
$133
Holiday Inn Kuwait(Kuwait City)
$219
$185
HolidayInn.com
$261
Mirage Suites(Kuwait City)(Great Value!)
$87
$70
  • Pool
Costa Del Sol Hotel(Kuwait City)
$160
Priceline
$319
$292
Agoda.com
All reviewsholiday innbusiness tripmr princebusiness hotelnice hotelreception teamvery comfortable staywalking distancenice foodexcellent servicecoffee shopgreat hospitalitychecking outhealth clubnon smokingsea viewexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip to Kuwait and wil use the hotel again when I return. Check in was prompt and efficient and I was given an upgrade to a room on the executive floor along with entry to the executive lounge on floor 20. The room was a very good size with all the amenities you would expect and a decent sized flat screen TV. WiFi was complimentary, but I'm not sure if that applies only to the executive rooms, but there is free wifi in the public areas.

The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with toiletries and wash cloths (I hate not having a wash cloth).

Sadly, I didn't have time to use the pool so I cannot comment on that, but the photographs looked nice.

Breakfast was a buffet affair with plenty of choice for everyone and eggs cooked fresh for you by the chef.

The hotel itself was well located for the city and shopping.

All in all, a good stay and it will be my hotel of choice when I return. Just in case you are unaware (I was) Kuwait is a dry country, so there's nowhere for a beer after the business day ends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, Public Relations Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review on our Hotel, and we wish to see you again soon.

We promise you that your next visit & experience with us will be much better and we wish we have met your expectation.

Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Hotel Downtown Kuwait for three nights during September 2012. This was the third time I have used this hotel during the past 12 months (So I will combine my experiences)

I got a very good first impression of the hotel during the check-in process. The staff were very professional, efficient and polite.

The bedroom was modern, clean and perfect for short to medium length business trips.

Internet access is provided free of charge in rooms and even in the hotel lobby.

There is a pool and gym and whilst I didn't use either colleagues who have stayed here say they are very good.

Breakfast is a buffet (isn't it always) and the food is very good for a buffet with a chef on hand to cook eggs (dont expect eggs cooking at 6:30 though as he didn't turn up on time until 6:45 which is a pain if you a leaving at 7:00 as I was)
The staff in the breakfast buffet were pretty good although sometimes I got the impression they were a little short of people and under a bit of pressure

I used the evening restaurant twice and both times they had "eat all you like buffets" (Mexican and then Asian)
The food was average to good but thats how buffets are in my humble opinion, I find quantity over quality not too appealing although I realise in the ME this is the favoured way of doing things.

There is a cafe in the foyer which I enjoyed using plenty of drink selection, a reasonable snack selection and the staff were always excellent.

There is a Lebanese restaurant in the hotel (at the side actually) and whilst I didn't use the restaurant, I ordered from the menu and ate in the cafe, the food was excellent.

A short walk away there is a McDonalds and a Starbucks and the Corniche is within easy reach with all the amenities that has to offer.

Check out was as pleasant as the check-in.

I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to friends and colleagues (and have done so)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comment and review on our Hotel.
And we wish always to meet your expectations

Regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had a day between flights and chose to get away from the airport area and come downtown Kuwait City to the Holiday Inn. From the arrival area personnel to the check-out guy, I was thoroughly impressed by the quality of service and value for price with this location. The hotel is ideally located with beautiful views of the Gulf and quite close to most of the downtown areas of interest. The airport is only 15 or so minutes away and the hotel even has a complimentary car to get you to and from. The breakfast was included in the price of the room and was very elaborate. The internet connection was free and also quite good - they have recently upgraded their services. Long story short, if you are on a business trip and want a comfortable and centrally located spot that is clean and has some nice amenities with excellent service, I would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comment & review on our Hotel.
We wish always to meet your expectations and looking forward to see you soon again with us.

Warm regards,
HIDT

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel great food the only thing which was out of place was the receptionist smoking just out side the dining area while on duty. Clean pleasant ans easy access to and from the Gulf road, SCIENTIFIC CENTRE just across the road.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great comment & review on our Hotel.

We promise you that such behaviour for a receptionest will never happened again because this is out of our Hotel policy and regulations.

Warm regards,
HIDT

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I was driving from Saudi to Kuwait and i arrive very late but ofcaurse i informed them by phone. Even though the reception was very busy. The hotel is clean, rooms are nice and clean. Bathroom is very small.
Hotel close to Cornich and close to sharq mall and marina mall and most of the restaurants are nearby

I would recommend it for others

• Stayed: August 2012
HolidayInnDowntownQ8, Public Relations Manager at Copthorne Kuwait City, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Holiday Inn Kuwait Downtown is thanking you for your comment and review on the hotel and we wish to see you soon again in our Hotel

Many Thanks,