Two coworkers and I stayed here during a recent trip on military business. After a brief, uncomfortable stay at one of the US Army bases, we relocated to the Hilton and found an oasis of comfort and amenities.The hotel is in a secure compound with guards that routinely did a mirror sweep on the cabs we took. It is a huge building with regular rooms and apartments. There are several restaurants on the premises and a fairly large pool. The grounds also have beach frontage and a stretch of private beach. While we were there the sand was literally too hot to walk on without flip-flops and the water temperature of the gulf and the pool were un-refreshing; first world problems in what was otherwise a problem-free stay. There was a decent business center and great public spaces in the two-story entry hall. We ate at the oriental restaurant one of the nights and had a great meal. Also, the pizza place serves very decent pizzas. It was a face melting 115 degrees and around 75% humidity while we were there but the hotel's powerful air conditioning system kept the rooms and public areas nice and cool.
The rooms were great with very nice bathrooms. The bathrooms had a tub and a shower and looked brand new. In the living area there was a little desk and chair for using your computer with the hotel's free WiFi. There was a couch and coffee table as well.
We were there during Ramadan, so all the eateries were shut down during the day except one, out of sight restaurant that served an acceptable breakfast spread. I didn't check it out, but at night they had a huge tent that served a Ramadan buffet.
Overall, the Hilton was our home away from home during a hectic few days of business. I would definitely stay here again and would even do so if I were here on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a unique getaway in the Arabian Gulf. Bathed in brilliant blue skies, Hilton Kuwait Resort is an ideal spot for business and leisure travelers alike. Think modern style meets classic Arabian hospitality at our contemporary resort. Fine dining, spa treatments, state-of-the-art facilities and superb accommodations guarantee an unforgettable stay. Choose from a variety of comfortable and stylishly decorated Kuwait accommodations, with views of the Arabian Gulf. Upgrade to a Villa or Chalet or select a Royal Villa with private pool. Enjoy free WiFi in all of our hotel's accommodation units and areas. Let's exceed your expectations. Find international class accommodations, 12 meeting rooms plus a huge ballroom, fitness classes and a gym, as well as a spa with a variety of treatments and services. Take your pick from several restaurants and a café. Enjoy the international buffet and themed menus at Teatro Restaurant. Dine in a private tent and try some authentic Arabic cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Kuwait Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Kuwait Hotel Kuwait City
- Hilton Safat
- Kuwait City Hilton
- Hilton Kuwait Resort Kuwait City