“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Much better than other hotels in kuwait have booked rooms for my cousin who were on there way to iraq.they found it gud plus the service provieded by staff was excellent.even there pick up n drop back arrangement were on time n very helpful.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Mustafa S
HolidayInnSalmiyah, Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Mustafa

It was a pleasure having your cousins with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We do look forward to having you and your family with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nice hotel - good location but not managed at all well. They provided another guest with the same room and he walked in at around one in the morning to find me awaking in my underpants. I call reception and he us in a different room - but his key opened mine?? Great safety and security...... Reception then called me half an hour later to "explain" - i was again woken up. Then half an hour later a man came to repair the tv - at 01.30 in the morning??? I reported it broken at 19.30 the day before - in all of thus the do not disturb sign was on the entire time. The next day i gi fir breakfast and then my key does not work?? Am sure the other guests still dies. Back to reception. Back - forth - up - down - no sleep. On check out no manager in sight to respond or apologise, reception offer a poxy discount and feel the full force of my anger. Holiday Inn you have a lot to answer but the highest worry is the safety and security if guests if keys given out open any door???? Look after your goods and put the latch on at night is my advise for the Holiday Inn in Kuwait.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear adampcouch,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are sincerely sorry for the issues you had with the service you have received. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Around the world
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stays here every time i come to Kuwait cause it is one of the best hotels in my opinion with very reasonable rate, clean, friendly, great breakfast variates and also has alot of dinning restaurant with variable choices

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times and the thing I like it most is the friendly staff. The staff at Reception are welcoming (even in the middle of the night) and the doormen always say 'hello' when I roll in or head out to/from work. It's like coming home!

I also really appreciate the 'light touch' of the cleaners. Sometimes they kindly tidy up my newspapers etc, but most of the time they don't move my things. The balance is just right between keeping it clean, but not messing with the way I have my stuff :) Most hotels don't get this balance right.

As a single, female traveller, I have always felt safe and secure in this hotel and appreciate the way that things are organised in this respect - with a busy, open lobby and cameras in the corridors.

The Chinese restaurant has a great reputation. The service is excellent, portions are good, and the staff are attentive without being too 'full on'.

I was a little disappointed with the service in the American restaurant, but this was a few weeks ago. The table was the one that people walk past and I felt like I was almost in the corridor and kind of in the way.

My favourite restaurant is the Lebanese with generous portions and good quality ingredients - and also good service.

But, I have to give special mention to the great team at breakfast. They always recognise me now and have my herbal tea ready very quickly. They also always wish me a nice day and it feels very genuine and like they really do care about me as a person - not just some random guest! I do not have breakfast every day (I am getting too fat!!) but they are so kind when I am there :)

If you are flying to Kuwait and staying at the Holiday Inn, you may get met by Ibrahim. He is very helpful. When the airline lost one of my bags the trip before last, Ibrahim was such a wonderful help and I really think that he is a fantastic 'first encounter' with the Holiday Inn for anyone arriving in Kuwait for the first time - or the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. He always remembers me and after a long flight, it's great to see his friendly face.

I have had noise disturbance in my room on one night of one trip, but the manager dealt with this quickly. Other than that, I find the beds and pillows to be comfortable and I always get a good, peaceful night's sleep.

The hotel is near the corniche. Cross the main road carefully (this is easy if you wait for the traffic lights), walk past the Science Centre, and then enjoy a sunny stroll along the water front. Perfect.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very Nice hotel as location, staff is very friendly, always smiling, quality of service is very good; they have Japanese restaurant, Lebanese with Shisha and others, I advise everyone when they are coming to Kuwait to stay at this hotel.

1 Thank MOHAMMAD F
HolidayInnSalmiya, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Fadel,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to having you at our Hotel again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is really great, ,it is my favorite hotel in Kuwait.I really enjoyed
great service and very welcoming staff.Check and check out very smooth
Restaurants, rooms and services is extremely beautiful
And singled out the front office service
When I come to visit Kuwait will Akoan Holiday Inn Kuwait as peaceful My Favorite

Room Tip: •"Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ayman h
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great hotel, great service and very welcoming staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any business traveller. Check and check out very smooth and staff very polite. You have to meet Shoukri great guy.

4 Thank Rami A