“Good 3 star, but not 4!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel

Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel
Ranked #27 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Budapest, Hungary
“Good 3 star, but not 4!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Location: In the old town, but there is nothing there... better to stay close the beach (Marina shopping mall).

Hotel:
- very old
- rooms are big, but a little bit dirty and too old!!
- breakfast was ok
- have free wifi
- stay was very nice but not professional at all (need to be proved a lot)!!!
- huge beds!!

I was upset because they downgrade my room without offering any compensation even it was my birthday... when I have mentioned they did not even said Happy Birthday... nothing! Come on, you do not need to be professional to be able to think....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let us know your feedback.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you; we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Again we higly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

It’s our goal to retain you as satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again the future.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is nice, the food is acceptable to the number of stars of the hotel. The noight duty manager is a high costumer care oriented, perfect perfect perfect. The only issue is there is a lady at the lobby for car rental services, that is mannerless and very rude.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to communicate with us, we appreciate your feedback and rest assured that our night duty manager will be informed.

Please note that the car rental section is not belong to the hotel, however we will address your concern to their management as soon as possible to prevent recurring of the same problem.

We look forward to serve you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is my mainstay when i come to Kuwait on business a few times a year. The lobby has just been refurbished, which is nice, although some of the rooms could use a little more attention. The location is decent, not too far a taxi ride away from the main malls/sights/business areas. The breakfast is ample and the staff are helpful. I have had to book transportation for groups through the hotel and the drivers are always courteous and know where they are going. (which is a rarity in Kuwait!!) Overall this is a convenient place to stay. Comfortable rooms with nice open spaces. The wifi is slow at times but always works, and is free!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us.
Please accept our apologize for the slow wi-fi as we are fully book during your period of stay, however, we are trying our best to improve our wi-fi service especially during high season.
We love to see you again in our hotel on your next visit in Kuwait.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

A good hotel at a good price, very clean, food good, staff all very helpful and nothing too much trouble. Wifi is free and they picked us up from airport and returned us back there as part of the service.
Would use this place again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our team, please accept our sincere thanks for taking your time to post your review about your recent stay with us. Rest assured that your valuable comment will be shared to all our staff. We will try to continue our very best to provide the best service we can provide to our guest. We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Swiss Belhotel Plaza in a twin-share room booked by my travel agency as part of a tour of the Gulf Arab countries (with Adventures Abroad).

The reception lobby of the hotel was impressive with individual representatives at small desks. First, I was served a glass of chilled pineapple juice as a complimentary welcome drink. Then, after a brief check-in, I followed a porter to the elevator which took us to the 15th floor (16th floor in the U.S. or Canada). My room (No. 1501), located in a corner of the hotel, faced the Persian Gulf.

My room had two twin beds which were cozy with clean mattresses and bedding. The room was brightly lit with both soft ceiling lights and three desk lamps.

The room also had a flat screen TV with working cable, a nice writing desk topped with a plethora of self-serve coffee and tea, and it was super quiet so slept well.

The bathroom was rather small, but certainly adequate. It did not have a bathtub, but the shower had “jacuzzi tubes” that sprayed my body softly with warm water.

Unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi came with the room. I received the password at check-in. The Internet service was fast and efficient during my entire two-day stay.

Breakfast was served in the dining room on the Mezzanine floor. It was sumptuous in quantity and tasty in quality: made-to-order eggs, different kinds of croissants and breads, many Middle Eastern hot dishes, salads, coffee, tea, milk and much more.
---------------------------------------

After check-in and falling asleep, the telephone suddenly rang and woke me up at nearly 1:00 in the morning. It was the midnight manager who told me, "Sir, I'm sorry, but you must leave your room with your belongings in five minutes because yours is a "single" room. I am sending you to another room on the same floor. Please be ready in five minutes." Still half asleep, I gathering my things hurriedly and moved to another room where I found my roommate fast asleep.

Quite upset, I didn't sleep well. In the morning I informed the manager in writing that I demanded $50 US dollars or 20 KD to compensate me for the inconvenience described above. After considerable negociation, the manager gave me only 10 KD and a complementary meal in the hotel's restaurant the following day. However, my group was leaving at 12:30 pm on that day, and the restaurant opened at 1:00 pm. I was allotted 9 KD for that meal, but when I requested that amount in cash, the request was rejected. In the end, I was given a small snack -- and that was that.

Still, I DID enjoy my stay at this very good hotel where the service was really excellent, but there were the above glitches, quite common in world travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks a lot and we appreciate your effort to post a review for our property.
Please accept our sincerest apologize for all the inconvenient experiences you had during your stay with us. Necessary action has been taken from the concern department and follow-ups has been conducted from time to time to ensure that such incident will not happen again. We hope and look forward to welcome you again in our property on your next visit to Kuwait.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel is very OK but as everybody mentions it is a bit tired.

What I liked:
- My room was very clean, bathroom was a bit tired but renewed
- There are many amenities available
- Staff at the reception desk was very nice and helpful, e-mail contact was prefect and super-fast
- There is free wifi in the hotel
- Breakfast is great

What I disliked:
- They do not fill up the minibar. Whatever you take is taken during the whole stay

- Wifi is super slow, sometimes it was hard to browse webpages

- I was waiting for a taxi to go to the Avenues around 30 minutes, it was ordered by the hotel. I guess that this is not really their fault

- They do not operate shuttle at late night, as “there is no driver available”, my plane was at 3:30AM. They advised me to take taxi. I asked to order it for me, at checkout I was asked to pay for a taxi (5KD) and what appeared it was a driver in a hotel car taking me to the airport. I do not really understand what is the difference, as exactly the same car picked me when I arrived…
- I have got the impression that one of the bellman was chatting me up and this should NEVER happen to the hotel guest. He called me twice to my room at 11PM (!!!!) and asked if I was ever in his country… (1), wanted to confirm if I was wrong in sending the message to hotel mobile phone (2), while I have already told him that when I entered the door at the hotel. I have had the impression that he wanted to chat me up. The story with wrong mobile is: when I ordered the taxi to go to the Avenues I left my mobile number at bellman’s desk because I have requested the taxi to get back to the hotel and I wanted somebody to let me know that the taxi is here. When there was after time when I supposed to get a taxi I just took another one from the Avenues to the hotel. During the ride somebody send me one signal, so assuming that this might be hotel, I have send the message back that I am already in the taxi. Till that point everything was ok. Next day I was going to the business meeting and I have send the message where I am to the hotel’s number. Unfortunately this guy picked that message and when I entered the hotel I said immediately that this was a mistake. After half an hour or more he called my room and asks: are you sure mam’ it was a mistake? The pity is that (a) he woke me up! (b) it is totally disrespectful for me to pick calls and be in such a situation at all. Unfortunately he picked the wrong person that hates when somebody bothers me with anything like that. That’s why this opinion is here. I have never given him ANY sign that could make him to behave like that. What’s more: I showed during his first call that I am pissed off but apparently did not work. I am not giving the description of the person as I do not want to get in trouble when I back there. I felt super uncomfortable, especially after he called my room number that he got from somewhere!

Room Tip: Next to the elevator staff has doors to enter each floor - in the morning they are very noisy.