“Tired but good value”

Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night and whilst its got a central location in Kuwait City, the rooms and general parts of the hotel need a refurbishment but if you are on a budget then it's clean. The gym had broken running machines and plunge pool. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013
salessbpk, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comment, we have shared it to all our staff.
Please note that the gym including the pool is under process of refurbishment and we hope to finish soon to serve our guest better. We look forward to your next stay in Kuwait.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

If your on a budget and you have business in Kuwait this is a neat hotel to visit. I had one of the tired rooms, but it was clean, tidy and looked after very well indeed. This is clearly no four star hotel, but they way say Americans and us British judge star ratings is to a higher standard than most. So yes it is four star standard but by middle eastern standards.

What I liked about my neat, tidy well maintained (but tired) room was ow spacious it was and that seems pretty standard. Staff are great, all friendly which I would say is a general rule of most hotel all staff in Kuwait, they pick good ones :)

Location is great for business in Kuwait, middle of the business district and no more than a 2 KD taxi ride from anywhere of business importance. Free pick up from the airport at 05.30 was most welcome and they did me a half price on my room for that day as I went straight to bed.

I certainly would have no problems about staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eyeonbroadstreet
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, I have shared with our staff. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The points I took this hotel were as follows.
1. Breakfast is included
2. Location is good (center of town) and the Japanese restaurant "Kei" is close to the hotel.
I arrived at Kuwait International Airport at 17.50. I didn't reserve transfer service, but I found two persons from this hotel at the arrival gate and I said I was a guest of their hotel. They were waiting for a person from Cairo and the flight had already landed. We waited almost for 30 minutes but he didn't come out. Then one of them took me to the hotel by a hotel car.
There were following two ploblems in the room.
3. There's an electric pot, but plug of pot didn't meet with a receptacle plug.
4. Toilet paper was to short and almost finishing and yet no spare roll.
I told the above to reception man in the early next morning, and a maintenance man came with adapter and new papar roll. He put adapter and met with a receptacle plug, but it didn't work.
The pot was out of order. He brought new one and it worked well.
I walked down town and visited Telecom Tower and Kuwait Tower, and took a taxi to Marina.
In this hotel there' s a Korean restaurant, but I eated out for dinner at "Kei" at first and second nights. To my regret, here in Kuwait no beer was served. When I came back from "Kei" at the second night (before check out day), a reception lady called me. She wanted to confirm a hotel car departure time. I reserved 7.30 when I claimed about 3 and 4, but she said hotel car started at 7.00, 8.00 .. so and suggested to take 8.00 car. She found my reservation onthe note and there was one more guest. I told her not to change the time once fixed. She presented a comment sheet of the hotel and I commented on above 3 and 4 and suggested to check these points of all rooms.
I received unexpected "welcome and send off" when reserved and could save taxi fee.
I now propose this hotel service should be applied to all guests. If so this may become a sales point.
When I came back to Japan I received email from hotel manager telling gratitude about my comments. I hope these points would be improved soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tadahiro H

Dear Mr. Tadahiro,

Thank you for your review.
Please be informed that your concerns were addressed properly to our housekeeping and maintennance department and has been taken cared off. We look fprward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed for four night for a business trip. The hotel's location is close to the city center, but not too many places are within walking distance. The only attraction nearby is the Al Mubarakiya shopping district. The shuttle service from the airport is great and the reception of the hotel is friendly. I had no problem during check-in. The rooms were clean, however the decoration and furniture lacks some style. Free wi-fi and newspaper every morning are other great features of the hotel. I think the best aspect of the hotel was its friendly staff. Also, there were plenty of different flavors for breakfast, which was another plus of the hotel. What is unusual is perhaps the call of the reception staff to have your room checked during check-out. Nevertheless, Swiss Belhotel is a reasonable choice for Kuwait, I would stay again here.

1  Thank empee3

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review for our property, I have shared to our staff your comment and it serves as our inspiration to improve our service to our guest.
Looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in November 2012. Hotel car from airport was very good (a Chevy Suburban) but reception was not, except for its good staff. One takes an elevator to get to the reception. The lobby looks cheap enough. Finally, the rooms look old, and the bathroom - decent but below par vs. most hotels I've stayed in the Middle East. Food choices during breakfast are not something I looked forward to. The hotel's location, though, is good as it is in the heart of Kuwait City. My overall rating for this hotel should have been a 2.5. I do not think this hotel deserves a "3".

1  Thank FMD88528

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your remarks, it was shared to our staff.
In order to serve our guest better, our hotel is currently doing refurbishment for all our rooms with new design and facilities. We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed for 1 night in November 2012 on business, pleasant enough arrival and hotel car from the airport was very good. Hotel reception is a little tacky and the cheap laminate flooring does not help.

Staff are friendly and helpful, this was a positive.

Rooms are well below a 4 star rating I would agree with other reviews it is 3 stars at best and European 2 star. Rooms are really poor, grubby and very badly finished in terms of detailing. The toilet in my room was filthy and I had to smile at the "sanitised' band around the lid and seat. Obviously this is added by default as my toilet was far from sanitised.

Shower was very low pressure, I would advise any one in a hurry to use only a little shampoo as if you work up a lather it will take you 10 minutes to wash it out. I overheard a group of guests at breakfast sharing the same complaint, so it's not just one room.

Bed was comfortable and clean which I suppose is a positive as this is really where you spend 7 hours and the bathroom only 30 minutes.

I'm afraid the worst part of the stay for me was on leaving when I went down to check-out I was asked "do you mind waiting for a couple of minutes whilst we check your room"! This took me by surprise. I was dressed smartly in a shirt and tie, neat hair and clean shaven :). What were they expecting to find? I had slept in the bed and used the shower (took longer than planned due to low pressure). Was this extra?

Sorry but this is no way to treat guests, I explained it was a company booking and they had taken my credit card as a guarantee. I have stay in a couple of dozen Middle East hotels over the last 8 years and thank the Swiss-Belhotel for providing me with something I have never experienced before, the distrusting look and "can we check your room" comment. Choice.

It wasn't just me I found as the next guest was asked the same whilst I waited for the driver to take me to my meeting.

I gave the hotel average based on the overall experience as I did not want to allow the check-out comment to affect my review. Check-out comment included it would have 1 star.

2  Thank Dxbreviewer1
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review.
Kindly accept our apologize for any inconvenient experience you had with us during your stay; kindly be informed that necessary action has been taken to address your concern. Please note that our property is under renovation but majority of our rooms has been refurbished with modern facilities that our guest will surely enjoy.

Best regards,
Swiss-Belhotel Plaza Kuwait

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stay in this place for business, during Ramadhan. They have a very nice restaurant, you should try it. Its like Majelis in local houses. got a nice feeling on how it felt like to became an Arabic. Location wise, a bit hidden, below you will find shopping centre to get some food.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Inn & Go Kuwait Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Alexandre,

Thank you for taking time to post a review for our property.
We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel next time you visit Kuwait.

Best Wishes,