“Only small water courses”
Review of Oasis Hotel

Oasis Hotel
Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
“Only small water courses”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Please attention to bathrooms.
And also prefer a massage in the hotel.
Better to allow balziarah.

Nice hotel nice crew and collaborator and I visit the hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We have stayed at several hotels in kuwait so far. The room was what you would expect for the price. It was clean and newly renovated! The staff and service exceptional. The free morning buffet wax really good and you can request any food they don't already have out. We ordered eggs for our daughter each morning. Parking is difficult but if you are used to driving in KuwIt you will have no problems with it. Will stay there again!

• Stayed January 2012
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Nothing very much wrong with this hotel, it fills the position of a UK Travelodge style hotel.

I doubt you would want to take the family for a holiday, but for a few nights stay in Kuwait City on business it is perfectly acceptable. The hotel is obviously geared up to business travellers, offering separate billing and receipts in the restaurant automatically to a group of guys etc.

The hotel is Indian run, managed and staffed and generally the clientèle are Indian / south east Asian. I found the staff excellent without exception, reception being particularly helpful, The restaurant on the top floor serves a fairly mediocre breakfast, and evening largely Indian, meals which were reasonably priced, freshly cooked and quite tasty. Location is good for business district and near the old souk for a bit of shopping and dining.

Rooms are not huge, but clean and neat. There is a fridge, flat screen tv and free wireless internet. I had a room on the front of the hotel overlooking a busy intersection, I was constantly aware of traffic noise all through the night. My colleagues who had rooms on the rear did not have this issue, however they did have to get used to the early morning calls from the two mosques behind the hotel.

It looks like this hotel has been renovated fairly recently, my room and bathroom both looked like they were newly fitted out.

Car parking is in a big open lot at the rear of the hotel, as is often the case in Kuwait itis every man for himself, but we always found a space eventually!

Now for the slight negatives:
I phoned one afternoon for room service (advertised as 24 hours) to be told the kitchen was closed...
The free wifi is great... WHEN IT WORKS!.. It could be patchy and intermittent, constantly dropping the connection and reconnecting.
Housekeeping could be a bit hit and miss, used towels were sometimes taken away, but replacements were not provided.

In summary, I wouldn't mind staying here again, maybe not for more than 3 or 4 nights. My rating would be 3 1/2, better than average, but not quite in the very good category!

Room Tip: Rooms at rear are marginally less noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
London
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel is in a busy intersection but the noise wasn't that bad. The room itself it was dated but theres a small flat screen TV and wi-fi is free. In the bathroom every time you take a shower it will flood the floor.
Location is good for the old souk - just across the street and lots of bargains there.
If you are travelling somewhere else in Kuwait City you will need a taxi - remember to ask the hotel staff to write the hotel address in arabic. Not all taxi drivers speak english and they will take anywhere that sounds like the place you want to go...i've learned the hard way after been taking to Mubarak Al-Kabeer area outside Kuwait City not the hotel street in Kuwait City and charged 5 times more that I should have been charged.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Going through the reviews the only thing that seems to be bad about this hotel is the parking, which I did not have to deal with. The hotel itself was fairly easy to find, the room was inexpensive, and the room was pretty nice considering the price I paid. It was centrally located and I was pretty much able to walk to all the main sites that I wanted to visit. If I had to go to Kuwait again, I would easily stay here for the location.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
London
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I had a rather unique goal...I was passing through Kuwait for only 26 hours with awkward timing (midnight one day to 2am the next). I decided against paying for a luxury hotel given the few hours each night I would spend there so booked the Oasis at a very cheap rate for Kuwait on an internet site. I will bluntly say that it fit my requirements perfectly. Reception was friendly on arrival. My room was not modern, nor overly clean, but it was perfectly fine for what I wanted. Even a glimpse of Kuwait Tower in the distance. Breakfast was mundane, but the restaurant is not bad for Indian and simple middle eastern fare. The 1970's hotel was probably quite luxurious in its day, but it now caters to mostly South Asian traders and businessmen, so I was a bit of a curiosity. It has seen better days and survived an Iraqi invasion without a lick of rennovation (irony here). I'm not sure how long it will last, since it seems that all of the "historic" center of Kuwait City is being ripped up to make way for something grander and (sadly really) more Dubai-like.

Room Tip: Just ask for clean and higher floor...they went out of their way with me.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I will not stay at this hotel again.
Parking: There is parking in the back of the hotel, but it’s not dedicated parking and it’s so jam packed that it’s not safe to drive back there not to mention leave your car unattended. There’s nothing illegal going on; it’s just overcrowd with people that won’t mind scraping your rental car on the way out. See, if there is nowhere to park; people will stop in the driveway and run into a shop while other squeeze by. This leaves the only parking alternative about a ½ city block away.
Cleanliness: I found the place to be dirty. There were just smudge stains on the wall and some mold on the shower. Some of the repairs seemed unprofessionally done. Overall, the place just didn’t seem clean enough for me.
Location: Don’t get me wrong. There are a lot of restaurants and shops within walking distance of this hotel. This would make it excellent for the vacation traveler spending time in downtown Kuwait or someone working in the banking district, but I’m not a tourist or a banker. I work outside of the city limits. This put me 1 to 1 ½ away from my work site versus 30 min drive from the outskirts of town. So if you’re working outside the city, I wouldn’t stay here.

I moved from this Hotel after a single night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business