Review Highlights
Not a must

It is nice to see so many local families enjoying time together, but I would not make a long detour... read more

Reviewed February 26, 2019
henrikw881
Amt Neuhaus, Germany
via mobile
Friday in Green Island

It's nice to spend a Friday in Green Island. Located on Gulf road Seaside its a great green place... read more

Reviewed February 3, 2019
mgbadran
Kuwait City, Kuwait

Recommended experiences in and around Kuwait City
from $272.44
from $495.00
from $235.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2016

I took my date here during a week day at midday and it was very peaceful and private unlike anywhere else I've been in Kuwait. We were able to just walk around freely and walk by the ocean. We then rented bikes but they were very old and outdated. None of the bathrooms had toilet roll, NOT ONE, very poorly maintained place!! It was slightly OK at best but not something I could easily recommend if you're looking for a fun day out.

Date of experience: February 2016
3  Thank Darrens1994
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Green Island has seen better days. I am sure that it used to be a great park but now it is just a shell of it's former self.

Most of the attractions are closed or broken. For a 1 KD entry fee, you are not getting much. There is a train that you can buy a ticket to ride around. There are bikes you can rent to ride around. This might be nice. My kids did enjoy it. It's one of the only places in Kuwait that you can rent 3 wheel or 4 wheel bikes. We rented a 4 wheel bike and the kids loved it, until the wheel broke off. I then had to drag the bike back but then got too tired. Fortunately they gave me another bike.

There are places that you can barbecue. If you would like to barbecue, then this is a nice place to do it. You won't have too many people around you since this park is mostly empty.

There is no swimming, no boating, no fishing, no rides. There was a bouncy castle next the entrance, but it wasn't inflated when I got there.

This is one of the few places in Kuwait that there is more than enough parking available and not many people.

The only reason I can think of going to Green Island is if you want a place that has no crowds and you want to barbecue or rent a 3 wheel bike. There are plenty of other places in Kuwait that have more than Green Island for less.

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank Shawn G
Reviewed October 26, 2015

old and worthless the visit
do not you ever think of going it looks like ghost city
no thing interesting
only taking some photos

Date of experience: October 2015
5  Thank bnghanem
Reviewed October 4, 2015

Well this artificial island is worth visiting. Garden, trees, lake, birdwatching, barbecuing, games are some of the items you can do here. But, its a long walk from the car parking area. BBQ with friends & family was perfect.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank Travel-Passion-786-
Reviewed January 16, 2015

I'm thinking what is not boring about this place........oke maybe the food stands. but furtermore it's not a big deal. I'm a birdwatcher and you can find a few intersting birds but don't expect hunders of bird species.

Date of experience: January 2015