“Faultless”
Review of Sheraton Kuwait

Sheraton Kuwait
Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Clean, spotless and great service. An oasis in kwait.
A great detail, they brought me a women's only welcome basket. Well done

SK-Management, Manager at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Dear Sir, It was a great pleasure having you stay with us during your recent visit to Kuwait. The management of Sheraton Kuwait Hotel & Towers takes this opportunity to thank you for the encouraging comments on our staff and restaurants and services. Thank you.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

i have chosen this hotel based on the reviews here in this website. i have booked the hotel through my SPG account. although it is very expensive but i rather decided to experience this over rated hotel.

I have chosen a luxury romance rate 101 KWD (without service charge), Nothing special about it except the free internet access. even the airport limo transfer, it is not a limo car (Peugeot 607) and it is not private, they have let another traveller to be with us in the same car.

The hotel is the oldest hotel in Kuwait and it has been renovated. the service provided is quite enoguh but it didn't exceed my expectations. and with the high over priced rate, the value i gained is less.

The lobby is very well decorated with a marble arches which are giving the sense of luxury.

The room is clean spacious with working desk and sitting sofa, the bathroom is nice with a 14" TV screen.

the breakfast buffet is having wide variety of foods, but the service again is not up the expectations. the restaurant staff are doing their job without any welingness to serve with smile.

I will evaluate my options when i visit Kuwait again, and Sheraton kUWAIT will not be in my list.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank desert_legend
SK-Management, The Management at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2010

Dear Mr.Turki,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Kuwait, for your recent visit to Kuwait.

We refer to your analysis of the facilities and services of our hotel. We would like to inform you that we, together with other hotels in Kuwait, are bound to an agreement with the Kuwait Hotel Owners Association which stipulate the minimum permitted rates.

We are happy to receive guest comments as it is only through your views that we are able to assess and improve our hotel services. Thank you for bringing your observations to our attention and we hope you will give us another chance to show you the true Sheraton hospitality.

With best regards, The Management

Reviewed May 29, 2010

I only stayed here for one night but everything was perfect and without hassle... the way it should be. Check in was super fast and smooth, room service was delivered within 20 minutes, although the busines centre was small everything worked, the check out was also fast. Nothing really to fault. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
SK-Management, Management at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2010

Dear Sir,

It was a great pleasure having you staying with us during your recent visit to Kuwait. The management of Sheraton Kuwait takes this opportunity to thank you for the encouraging comment on our services.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

The Kuwait Sheraton was a perfect hotel and every detail was considered.
The rooms are fabulous. The staff are courteous and professional and lovely.
The Executive Lounge was fantastic.
Strongly recommend it

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
SK-Management, Management at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

It was a great pleasure having you staying with us during your recent visit to Kuwait. The management of Sheraton Kuwait takes this opportunity to thank you for the encouraging comment on our staffs and executive lounge. Thank you very much.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

Don't have the time to write at length about this hotel and my stay there this past February. Suffice it to say that if you're in Kuwait City, the Sheraton is THE place to stay. Amazing restaurants, great service (never seen so many smiles and people willing to help), and very comfortable and well appointed rooms. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
SK-Management, The Management at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2010

Dear Sir,

It was a great pleasure having you staying with us during your visit in February. The management of Sheraton Kuwait takes this occasion to appreciate you for the positive remark on our staffs, services, rooms and restaurants. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

This may still be the Nr.1 hotel in Kuwait, but how can such a dated and dusty place be part of Starwood's Luxury Collection? It is amazing how far Kuwait lacks behind the other small Gulf states. Service at the Sheraton can be weak, especially at the pool area. The soda machine there is free to use. Seems to be cheaper than employing a waiter for the pool area. Smoking in the lobby is still allowed. Great for cigar lovers. Bad for the non-smokers. I agree.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
SK-Management, The management at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2010

At the outset, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Kuwait Hotel during your recent visit to Kuwait and do appreciate your compliment that we are the Nr.1 hotel in Kuwait.

However, I was disturbed to read your comments we found on tripadvisor.com and thank you very much for your observations about the Hotel being dusty and dated this is a direct result of the construction work around the Hotel.

I can assure you that it is not our intention of saving cost of an employee to serve the soda at the pool, but we feel that guests would be more comfortable serving themselves as and when they require the soda which is freely available.

We are always happy to receive comments as it is only through your views that we can assess and improve our hotel services and thank you very much for sharing your observations with us.

Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed here for a week in December 2009. I don't think I've ever been treated so well.

Car service - I had the car service to and from the airport and it was perfect. Spotless and new cars, drivers who were so helpful and couldn't have been any nicer.

Check-in/out - At check-in, you sit down and do everything from sitting, it's a very personalized way to check in, very private. And you get a towel to refresh yourself, and a cup of tea or juice. A wonderful welcome! Then, they lead you to the elevators so you don't get lost. A bellman had my luggage and it was in the room before I was! Check out was just as expedient and nice, though I wasn't nearly as happy to check out as I was to check in!

Lobby - This is one of the nicest and most interesting lobbies I've ever been in. Actually there are a couple of them. They are super for chilling out and people watching. The clientele is so high end, so sophisticated, you see all kinds of people there - government functionaries, Amirs, businesspeople... they are dressed in all kinds of clothing and speak every language, and they are all very, very nice! Other lobbies - near the tea room and other restaurants, for example - were so ornately done it felt like I was walking in a palace. There are lots of places to sit and watch people. There is also a cafe in the lobby where you can get small snacks, coffee, etc.

Rooms - My room was enormous! It had a huge bed, a sofa, the Gulf tradition of the neverending fruit basket which was really great to have, a nice selection of teas in the room. There was a safe and an ironing board and both worked great. I got newspaper delivery every morning. There was also a flat screen in the bathroom as well as the main area, so I could keep watching my show even in the shower! In the shower I could choose between the rainfall from above or the handheld aim-it-as-you-wish. There was also free wifi and a 52 inch flat screen.

Restaurants - First, the breakfast, which was included, was amazing. I really loved it each day and made sure to get up to partake of it. Try the mango juice and the lemon - very good! We also ate in the tea house which had more interesting teas than I've ever seen before, and great shrimp and salad, and the Indian restaurant, which was very good, and the Iranian restaurant, which was absolutely amazing. I got more from there as room service later in the week. In every restaurant it was so lush, so beautiful - words don't describe it. Eating in each one felt like a very, very special experience.

Amenities - There is a 24-hour Health Club and pool which I made lots of use of at all hours. Actually I think the pool may not have been 24 hrs. There were a ton of cardio machines and then a couple of different circuits of weight machines - probably 20 cardio machines and 30 weights, and then there were also free weights. Free water and fruit there too. The pool was nice and warm, but too shallow and small to really be able to do laps to get a workout. But it was nice to use and to have it. When you are at the pool, you can get snacks, which we did once and they were tasty, and there is a soda machine, sodas are free. There is also a business center which is off the lobby. I didn't really use it, although I ran out of business cards and needed to find a place to make new ones quickly that looked like the old ones (and mine are in color!). They went above and beyond, finding a place that could do it in an evening, including picking up and returning to me to my room. There is also a mosque and conference facilities that looked beautiful.

Grounds/location - There aren't really any grounds here, it's an urban setting and there are city buildings and city streets all around. But it's an easy walk to the souk, to a variety of shops and parks and areas to see and do things, which for me is all the better!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
SK-Management, The Management at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2010

Dear Guest,
We are honored to have received your wonderful comments on each and every service we offer at the Sheraton Kuwait. We specially thank you on your remarks on our car service, check-in experience, rooms, restaurants and amenities. Exceptional feedbacks like yours are a pleasure to receive and build up our urge for perfection. We are truly privileged to have served you and looking forward to welcoming you again to the Sheraton Kuwait Hotel & Towers. We would also like to thank you for your time that you have dedicated to elaborate on our hotel.

- From the management of Sheraton Kuwait Hotel & Towers