“Opulent”

Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
London/Surrey
“Opulent”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel actually has quite a small-scale feel about it, but is no worse for that. I was transferred here from the 4-Points because of some building work on the latter. I last stayed in this hotel in July 1989 (much the staff's surprise). I like the way the staff go in the side door in their casual clothing to re-appear inside super-smart and super-well groomed soon after! It has a top-notch feel (understandable being part of the Luxury Collection) and the rooms are mid sized with a grand and opulent feel to them. How nice to get Hermes guest amenities instead of the rubbish even so-called quality hotels put in the rooms (basically the same detergent with a different colourant or thickener). In their pursuit to please I fell these places do go a bit over the top on 'card clutter' (ie endless questionnaires, requests to contact them for anything you need, welcomes from the manager etc etc) and the pillow menu was way too elaborate for a simple person like me. Breakfast also was very nice (same as 4-Points next door by way of quality and choice). And the bed and sheeting was incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SkFP-Mgmt, General Manager at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Sir,
Many thanks for the exceptional review and comprehensive feedback on Tripadvisor.com.

We are pleased that you liked our services, rooms & its facilities. We are privileged to note that our hotel has provided you with this wonderful quote ‘Opulent'. We do look forward to welcoming you again as a loyal guest at the Sheraton Kuwait, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

With best regards,
Fahed Abushaar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am always delighted by the service from this hotel, from the "meet and greet" at the airport (helping to organise and collect my visa), to being dropped at the airport on my departure, and everything in between.

My room was amazing with a huge amount of room (I had been upgraded to a Junior suite), and was extremely well appointed, with even a TV in the bathroom !!. The bed was very comfortable, and even though I needed the air conditioning running all the time in summer, it was effective and noiseless.

This hotel has numerous eating options available, with speciality restaurants from around the world, all well worth exploring. This hotel is my first choice in Kuwait, and I will be going back again and again.

Room Tip: I have never had a problem with any room, but the Towers is the optimum choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

We were happy to read your positive review on tripadvisor.com and thank you very much. We have noted your comments on our facilities and services and have shared your kind words and loyalty with all concerned

We do look forward to welcome you back again to the Sheraton Kuwait,

And with best regards, Fahed Abushaar
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Sheraton Kuwait is just a door away from a huge shopping mall,which has much of whatever the shopper is looking for,including recharge coupons for a prepaid mobile phone! The breakfast,dinner and lunch buffets are bigger than any this traveller has seen elsewhere,and has enough Lebanese salads and combination of local and international breads to cheer the vegetarian into a smile.Rooms are well-maintained by staff eager to earn the Kuwaiti Dinars needed to keep their relatives back home from poverty.There is even a Convention Centre next door where major events and exhibitions take place. All of this put together means that you never have to leave the location,if your meeting is in the hotel or the next-door convention centre,and if that huge and ultra-luxurious mall meets your strolling and shopping needs.The gym is good,the service prompt. Worth the KD spent!

Room Tip: Room at the top
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SkFP-Mgmt, General Manager at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

We were happy to read your positive review on Trip Advisor and thank you very much. Special thanks to your comments on our facilities and I have shared your kind words with the all concerned

We do look forward to welcome you back again to the Sheraton Kuwait, and with best regards,

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton Kuwait for a business trip. The luxury of the hotel is impressive, especially in the lobby/hall.
I had a nice deluxe room, located on the 8th floor. It was very comfortable, the bed was amazing. Unfortunately, the room was a smoking one (I'm a non-smoker) and the furniture were a bit old fashioned.
For the rest, everything was really good, including the Hermes bath gel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your comment on the non-smoking preference, I have instructed the Front Office to be more careful in the discharge of their duties.

We are happy to receive comments on the hotel and the room facilities, and look forward to welcoming you back again.

With personal regards,

Fahed Abushaar.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We got there High Class Service and pretty much Comfort. There was also a good Restaurant in the Hotel and we went there for two times. Good Service at Restaurant. Large Breakfast.
Hotel is good for businesstravellers, because good Conference and Meeting Service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Kuwait, A Luxury Collection Hotel during your recent visit to Kuwait. Your comments on the hotels’ facilities, and meeting services are much appreciated.
Thank you once again and do look forward to welcome you back once again with best personal regards,

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 23, 2013

we can say "very good" to this hotel. it was a business meeting in kuwait and we had been there for a couple of days. this sheratoopn hotel was nice and avery serviceorientated staff. also staff at the restaurant and during breakfast was very friendly (also they speak good english), breakfast was very large and good selection for hot beverages, good coffee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

We were honored with your kind phrase ‘very good’ hotel, and special thank you for your remark on the breakfast services. Your comments on the hotels facilities, staffs and breakfast were much appreciated and we do look forward to welcoming you again.

Fahed Abushaar.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even before I arrived, the hotel team took great care of me by sponsoring my entry visa and also arranging for a complimentary transfer from airport to hotel. Arriving early in the morning, it was a pleasure to simply collect my pre-prepared visa opposing passport control and moments later I was greeted in the arrivals hall before being whisked off to the hotel in a very luxurious car.

Once in the hotel, check-in was fast and efficient and very friendly. In fact, the entire hotel staff treated me like family. It was as good as it gets. Happily my room was available even though I was early. Once inside, I knew my next few nights here would be very comfortable. The room was large, spotlessly clean, well equipped and came with complimentary fruit and water. Internet service was included and at a reasonable speed.

I ate in the restaurants several times. I took the buffet lunch which offered a huge variety of excellent food. A bonus was the charming waitress who kept bringing me things to try until I could eat no more. At the top of the hotel I ate in both Indian and Lebanese restaurants. Here the staff were not only super friendly and helpful, but they took great pride in their cuisine. Each meal was out of this world but I have to say that the Lebanese restaurant wins. The food is outstanding and the staff are friendly and engaging. I reached a lifetime high in restaurant experience, even though dining alone.

Overall, a great hotel that offers excellent value and exemplary service throughout. I can't wait to return. I truly appreciate the unstuffy, unhurried and genuine friendly staff coupled with great facilities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SkFP-Mgmt, General Manager at Sheraton Kuwait, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are pleased that you liked our airport service, rooms & its facilities and dining options. We are privileged to note that our hotel has provided you with this wonderful quote ‘Top notch and great service". We do look forward to welcoming you again as a loyal guest at the Sheraton Kuwait, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

With best regards,