Safir Airport Hotel
Movenpick Hotel Kuwait(Kuwait City)
$152
$133
Movenpick.com
$246
$225
$255
JW Marriott
$268
Holiday Inn Kuwait(Kuwait City)
$200
$166
HolidayInn.com
Ibis Salmiya(Kuwait City)
$101
$98
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Kuwait Resort(Kuwait City)
$268
$182
$148
HolidayInn.com
Le Royal Tower Hotel(Kuwait City)(Great Value!)
$158
$96
Trip.com
$181
$152
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It is Recommendable. Together with some Colleagues,we spend one Night there (Airline paid) and Service and Comfort was fully sufficient there. Friendly CheckIn and CheckOut. Large and nice decorated Breakfast

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RedandBlueSwimmer
Reviewed May 23, 2013

the location is its PLUS and we went there for one night, due we had a night at kuwait airport. very friendly service at checkin and at checkout. standard room was pretty large and comfortable. although close to airport, it was very calm in room and no large noise from planes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aradsportman
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want to stay within the airport security, the Safir is a good place... basic bed and TV, internet is good, and the bathroom is decent. I've stayed here a couple of times, and the value is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave K
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was forced to stay in this garbage dump type of Hotel and almost felt like i was blackmailed into paying $120 for it.

Story: Had booked Kuwait Airways flight ( worst decision ever, stay away from this airlines) to fly from Cairo to Mumbai from trip. Booked online and there was stop over in Kuwait City with next flight to Mumbai after 18 hours. At Cairo, the flight attendant blackmailed me by saying, since youre layover is more than 6 hours, i need to stay in this stupid place, they asked me to pay otherwise no boarding passes. I had no choice but to comply.

KA flight was 8 hours delayed to leave from Cairo. When at Airport in Kuwait, they took 3 hours to bring me to this hotel which is inside the airport. The hotel look like old run down hotel, it worse than Mumbai slum. The hotel staff is even more rude, they dont care about anything and cant speak English. The room was alright , but for $120 it was total ripoff. The lunch buffet food was so stale and hard that i ran away from there by just eating bananas and fresh fruits.
At night when my flight was there they called me down at brought at terminal.

Overall. dont stay there, but you might be forced to in that case, just take the room and go to sleep cursing yourself for flying Kuwait Airways.

Room Tip: Well no tips just deal with this like you have to pass this time. No choices here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank nmutyal
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stuck here by force. I will give kudos to the United Airlines employee who helped us figure out the process when you are stuck in Kuwait. There is absolutely no way I could have figured out what I needed to do or where to go to find a place to stay. At 1:30am we were stranded and had to go to the National Aviation Services desk to get an escort to take us to the airport hotel. A misnomer because the hotel is in the middle of a runway and you cannot walk or get there without an escort and a bus. We waited over an hour for our escort and then were dragged all over the airport looking for an open gate to get outside for bus pickup. The hotel rooms are incredibly small with 2 twin size beds and more akin to a dorm room. We did not have any views as we were looking out at an adjacent building. There are no vending machines so no way to get anything to drink without going thru room service. DO NOT EAT AT THE BUFFET. Horrible food, incredibly overpriced. Oh, I forgot to mention they take yr passport and keep it in an open cubby behind the reception desk. The business center has 2 computers with keyboards so old the letters have worn off and no available printer. Everything about this place is dirty, smelly, old and tired. The adventure continued when I asked about getting a ride back to the airport the next evening to catch our flight. I was told to call reception 2 hours ahead of time and give them the time of pickup. Called for a 9 pm pickup and then waited an hour and 40 minutes (10:40 pm) with multiple phone calls being told a bus was on the way before a hotel employee took pity on my family and took us over to the airport in a Kuwait airways bus. While I thought I was giving myself plenty of time to get something to eat and check in, we had 20 minutes before going thru security. The excuse at the NAS desk was that they had no buses, to which I said, then why did you tell me 5 times a bus was on the way? He then keeps repeating he had no buses. You give up on logic at that point. My family was panicky and almost in tears and we have never been so glad to get out of a hotel and out of an airport to date. I wish you luck if you have to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family