“The Crown”

Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City
Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed March 30, 2010

The hotel was really nice, didnt have a good chance to enjoy the place as we where only there for a few hours to get some rest but service and facility was really nice and would go back and enjoy a longer stay.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City

Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for 3 weeks whilst on business and thought that the hotel was great. The lobby looks spectacular and the hotel resturants are also great, I would reccomend the steakhouse.

Rooms were nice and big and cleaned daily. Nice sized swimming pool and an excellent fittness center.

You have to go through airport type security when you enter and leave the hotel but such is expected due to the location

All in all a top hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I was in Kuwait for 20 days course at the university in Kuwait city
i booked 2 rooms on my credict card for me and my friend
on arrivel the receptions check are booking then she took my passport
and my friend to the back then Manager a male from Sirya come out
he ask me to seat at the Lobby then he start Question me and my friend
why we was going to stay in hes hotel , and how we supose to pay
are room .. which this questioning ,make no sence since i have give them
my credict card and passports.

no only that im embassador club member from Intercontinental hotels

then he start saying to my male Collegue ,to remember you can no bring
no body into this hotel . like if my friend was brining any body
after so much FBI questioning to be able to stay in a room
i decide and i reply to the Manager , look i never been question
like this in my life for me to stay in hotel and i have to be a the university
in 2 hours so i have no time to waste here ,
im going to check into another hotel then i ask him to give me my passport
and my credict card , the he throw are European passports in the floor
ask sercurity to throw us out that we was no welcome to stay in hes hotel.
then sercurity did throw us out . i call the police but the police dont speak english
so it was like calling a no body .

after few minutes i call friend from kuwait city which i study with in london uk
and he them took me and my friend to the JW marriot where we check in
without all the harrastment with got a the crowne plaza with nasty manager from
Sirya ... no sure how that hotel run with that man .

i complaint to the crowne plaza and i was given 25.000 points back into my account
but that was no enough i though that man will at least write at letter to appolygize

this hotel i dont recomende to no body that travel to kuwait specialy if you are woman
traveling with you university Colleagues.

Nasty hotel , Nasty manager and my worts experience for me and my friend
traveling

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank miss_hyatt
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Crowne Plaza Kuwait
Airport Road | PO Box 18544, Farwaniya 81006, Kuwait.

This is one Hotel which is well located and nearest to the airport.

Location: near the airport, and shopping malls around the area Cinema Halls and quite close to the main City too.

Hotels Facilities: Hotel Provides a great living experience and is well equipped with a Health Club which include Light Workout Heavy Workouts, Swimming pool, Saunas, Squash, and many more.

Has a huge selection of restaurants and a great ambiance good experience for the family as well as business guests.
Quality of food is as the standards mention good food, my personal ranking would be A or 9.5 out of 10.

Staff: the Staff out there always have a smile on their face and will guide you in what ever you require very cooperative staff.

They Also Provide Limousine Services to travel around the city and from the airport on extra charges or depending on the package bought.

To know more you will need to experience the feeling yourself.

Is a little Pricey but worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I'm not recomended at all this hotel, its too noisy, services very bad, for example sleeper was out of stock , manager said sorry we dont know, Swiming pool under maintenance and in booking they are not informing.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank moe001
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Lovely business hotel (rather expensive if you're paying for yourself!). Undergoing a lot of construction at the moment, so make sure you get a room on the left hand side and on the outside of the hotel (if you have a lobby facing room you risk the sound of lift music for the entirety of your stay!)

Fab restaurants, the Sushi restaurant and the Italian were my favourites, and the steak in the French restaurant was perfect! Only complaint is that they don't really give you enough time to order (this is the same in any of the restaurants) and if you don't order straight away they seem to forget about you a bit!

Excellent fitness centre which is a good thing as the hotel is somewhat in the middle of nowhere!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Have stayed here a few times due to convenience of proximity to airport, but I will not be staying here again. First off, the rooms are way too expensive for what you get- The only thing smaller than the rooms was the TV! If I am going to pay up to and over 300 a night I want more than a 19" TV!! The TVs are about 15 years old- maybe 21". I was still content with this, as I will say the rooms were clean and the beds were nice, but the staff is very nosy! I was asked where I lived, where I worked, what was my business there, if I was married, what I would be doing- this didn't bother me the first time, but on my next visit with my girlfriend I was told we were not allowed to stay in the same room!! We were bombarded with the same questions and asked if we were married! When I told them no we were told they could not allow us to stay in the same room, but if we paid extra we would be given access to their executive lounges where we could visit together! No thanks!! We left and will not be returning to this hotel. Rediculous!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuwait City
The Regency Hotel Kuwait
The Regency Hotel Kuwait
#2 of 13 in Salmiyah
Crowne Plaza Kuwait Al Thuraya City

Been to Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City? Share your experiences!