“A good hotel with an excellent staff”

Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
“A good hotel with an excellent staff”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I spent 14 years in hospitality management so I appreciate excellent service. The first people to greet you is the front desk as you make your way in the hotel. Its staff like Sara and with such a welcoming smile that leaves a lasting impression to me, very professional and efficient is the sole criteria I can appreciate after a long day. Staff is who in the end makes the difference in repeat customers and I am proof of
that. Thanks to hard workers like Sara, Mr Khan and many others Crowne Plaza Kuwait is amongst the best kept and superior standards in the industry.

• Stayed May 2013
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear edteek,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback here on Tripadvisor.

I am so glad to know that you appreciated our service that you received from us during your stay. Your inspiring comments towards my colleagues will be shared especially to Sara and Mr. Khan.

Once again edteek, thank you for feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back again at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Kuwait.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have yet to visit a hotel which is so efficient in all its services and facility . All departments are so well connected and organised that it makes it very difficult to point out anything from front desk where Hershe ,hope , Sara ,michelle , all the front desk staff r willing to help you out , on the other hand the room service or house keeping like mahipal are there to help you even more.
The health club is wonderful and well equipped . One thing though the swimming pool needs more through or vigilant care to match such high standards. It's not a complaint all about the pool is good ,water is ok but it's just because rest of the things r much better.

Room Tip: Well chose when u get there u may want a few of the rooms that r looking inside on the lobby that...
1 Thank Sidhanshu C
Dear Sidhanshu C,

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing your feedback during recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am so happy to know that you appreciated our services and facilities that we have it available for you. Your praises and comments towards my colleagues will be shared especially to Hershe, Hope, Sara and Michelle as well as to Mahipal from the Room Service.
I have noted that you liked our health club. With regards to your comments concerning the swimming pool has been noted.

Once again, Mr. Sidhanshu C thank you and looking forward to serve you again soon.

Respectfully Yours,

United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I used the gym EVERY DAY!!! I was impressed with the details... the little things that made the difference.. and the staff were really nice! (especially the front desk people... they were sweet!)... Good location and pool was super! :) GYM was AMAZING!!! (for a hotel gym.. it was by far the BEST i've ever seen~~~) I regret not using the spa while there.. I hope to come back and next time give that a try also! :)

Room Tip: Room on the side with the additional part being built on got noisy as they started construction on i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Kelly B,

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to know that you liked our Gym and swimming pool facilities. Hopefully next time you visit our hotel you will get a chance to try our Spa.

Again, thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I spent around 5 nights over and i loved the services and i enjoyed the variety of the restaurants. All the staff was really friendly and helpfull. Sure this hotel will be my first choice for my next visiting to kuwait

• Stayed May 2013
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Msmhassan,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Hotel – Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing you feedback during your recent stay here on Tripadvior.

I am truly pleased when I read such comments like yours that you loved our services that we provided you with. Im glad that you enjoyed as well the variety of our restaurants. Rest assured that your praises towards my colleagues will be shared amongst us. I am more delighted to know that our hotel is your first choice on your next visit to Kuwait.

Once, again Msmhassan, thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and am blown away by its facilities, staff and luxurious feel. A beautiful hotel, lovely rooms, and the staff are amazing - especially Michael at front desk who went beyond the call of duty. The food is delicious also. An exquisite hotel and the staff are amazing

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Paul L

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I truly appreciate it when our valued guests takes time to provide us a very inspiring feedback. Your praises and comments will be shared with my colleagues especially with Michael.

Once again, Paul L thank you for taking your time sharing your comment and looking forward welcoming you back again at Crowne Plaza Hotel – Kuwait!

Paris, France
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The peonple are very kind the location is convinient and you have a great choice of restaurants last time I tryedthe new indian restaurant and I recommend it unfortunately I had no time enough to try the spa next time ....

Dear Serge,

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay here on Tripadvisor. I am always pleased to hear positive feedbacks about our colleagues and your comments will be shared amongst us. I have noted as well that you liked the variety of our restaurants especially our new indian restaurant. Hopefully, you will find a time on your next visit to try our spa facilities.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again at Crowne Plaza Hotel – Kuwait!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location of the Crowne Plaza to the Airport is very good and if booked on the executive level you can have Chauffeur pick up and drop off. The facilities are excellent for Business and also fitness.
However for a standard room on the executive floor is a lot of money for a standard room with not a lot of space. The studio suites are magnificent, with plenty of space WiFi and really comfortable beds.
In summary, expensive but if you get the right room then you will not complain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Irish1960
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Gerald H,

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

Your positive feedback about our hotel facilities is highly appreciated and your comment about our rooms has been noted. I am happy to know that we have provided you with the convenience you deserve and looking forward to welcoming you back again at Crowne Plaza Hotel – Kuwait!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuwait City
#1 of 13 in Salmiyah
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
#11 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City? Share your experiences!