“GOOD HOTEL FOR BUSINESS”

Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Toulouse
“GOOD HOTEL FOR BUSINESS”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in the Crowne Plaza Hotel Kuwait City for business.

Good hotel, good service.
Great breakfast.
Room was nice. I had a view on the street. No so nice.
I tried 3 restaurants. All great with fantastic food.

I will recommend this hotel for business as it is also possible to meet and invite customers without being annoyed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dagarc
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear dagarc,

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you so much for sharing your experince during recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel, the room, the food from our wide selection of restaurants and especially the service that you received from us.

Once, again thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back again at Crowne Plaza Hotel –Kuwait!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband Nd I just spent 6 night here for a meeting. the room was excellent and so was the food. The best part is the beautiful outdoor pool. it is so refreshing to take an early morning or late night swim. We will come back. It featured a full breakfast. It is close to the airport with a free shuttle.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Grandma2012_2013

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor during your recent stay with us.
I’m so glad to know that you appreciated the room and the food that we have it available for you. It is also good to hear that you enjoyed swimming at our outdoor pool.
It is our pleasure to welcoming you back again soon here at Crowne Plaza Hotel-Kuwait.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for a week and was excited to be returning. I used this hotel a lot several years ago and it was a personal favourite in the region.

Well what a disappointment! Standards at all levels have dropped dramatically. Here is a sample of my issues:

1) hotel stinks of cigarette smoke - everywhere
2) first 'non-smoking' room I was given stank of cigars, pipes, shisha!
3) new room, no hot water for 3 days - six engineer visits
4) do not disturb sign ignored three times
5) one day room not cleaned at 3:30 pm - eventually cleaned after 2 calls
6) check-in no special welcome as Platinum guest
7) restaurants - quality dropped - prices haven't
8) breakfast 'chef' (sic) could not cook a poached egg
9) service rushed, rude, and staff most miserable I've seen in GCC hotel
10) all issues given to several 'managers' - no real restitution - just lame 'sorry' often followed by a smirk
11) rooms are old and renovations limited -at best 3 star standard
12) I have to mention the stink of tobacco again - with the indoor (!!) shisha bars, cigar shop, smoking allowed and encouraged everywhere - I now know what living in an ashtray would be like

I rarely write bad reviews, as most places try. But this is the worst experience I have had in 20 years of business travel (averaging last year 200 hotel nights).

Avoid like the plague - I dread returning

Room Tip: If you can stay anywhere else
3 Thank tonyb_174
Dear tonyb,

Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback during your recent stay here on TripAdvisor. It is our aim that all our valued guests enjoy every aspect of their stay here at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kuwait. However, we regret that we have failed you on this occassion.

We value your comments and have certainly discuss all your feedbacks with the entire Management Team in order to ensure that an immediate resolution concerning areas of concern will be dealt with.

Rest assured, we are taking all the necessary steps in order to remedy the situation so that in the future, none of our valued guests like you will encounter similar issues.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to the opportunity of having you once again here at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Kuwait in order for us to have the chance to demonstrate the real meaning of service that you expect from us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'm a frequent flyer to Kuwait since the last 3 years. I have been to different 5 stars hotel in Kuwait City, but I found Crowne Plaza is the best on every aspect. convenient, clean, Excellent staff and service, good food with different varieties of resturants, a place where you can have individual and/or group meeting. I have never felt uncomfort, which I do tell to all my peers and colleagues.
Because of Crowne Plaza in Kuwait, I personally prefer Crowne Plaza wherever I go ; Jordan, Qatar, UAE, Accra, etc..

Room Tip: Be a priorty club member
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Arif E,

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing your feedback during your recent stay with us here on Tripdavisor. Im so glad that you consider us as one of the best hotel on every aspect especially our staff and the service. I have noted as well that you liked the food and variety of our restaurants.

Once, again thank you for patronizing Crowne Plaza Hotel and looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wervik
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Only stayed for one night but is was a great pleasure and enjoyed the great hospitality and service of their dedicated staff. Recommend this hotel when traveling for business. The rooms are nice,clean and most of all very quit to ensure a good night sleep.

1 Thank Sander H
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Sander H

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for sharing your inspiring feedback during your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

It is more than our pleasure to hear from you that you had enjoyed our great hospitality and service that we provided you with. I’m also glad that you appreciated the cleanliness of our rooms and most of all thank you for recommending our hotel to all business travelers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon at Crowne Plaza Hotel – Kuwait!

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We conducted a product workshop and meeting in one of the hotels meeting room which is ideal for a group of 8 - 10 particpants. Meeting facilities are okay and the location seems to be okay with the local particpants. Rates were good as per my distributors comments and there are plenty of restaurant choices ( Iranian, International,Lebanese, Japanese, Indian & Seafood )for the dinner after the meeting. The staff are very friendly and accomodating and frequenbt travellers are treated well as they give out airport lounge invitation for club members.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Marvin M,

Warm Greetings from Crowne Plaza Kuwait!

Thank you for your sharing your feedback during your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.
I noted that you liked the variety of restaurants that we have it available for your. I’m glad to hear as well that you appreciated the service that we provided you with.

Once again,Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back again at Crowne Plaza Hotel-Kuwait!

Best regards,

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and altogether enjoyed the meal in the Indian restaurent. The meeting ball room has full faciliity. We had a trade show and it could accomodate more than 30 booth. It is close to Airport and it is in the comfortable location. Easy to travel around and Hotel organise pickup and drop off to Airport.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the central foyer. It is a very lively place to have a look.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ramaprasad G.

Thank you for sharing your experience with regard to your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kuwait!

It gives us a pleasure to know that you liked the quality of food we have offer at our newly opened Indian Restaurant Jamawar . I’m glad that you appreciated our meeting ball room facilities and one of our aims is to ensure we give all the support to our guests needs to succeed in their purpose of visit.

Once again, thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Kuwait!

Best regards,

#11 of 69 in Kuwait City
Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
#3 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City? Share your experiences!