This hotel didn't get off to a great start for me. They have a desk at the airport once you exit the baggage claim.... and no one was there even though I had a reservation and they should have been expecting me. The next desk over managed to contact the person and (15 minutes later) I was finally on my way to the hotel.
The hotel isn't but about 5 minutes from the airport-- so it was a short and pleasant drive. As soon as I walked in, the staff was very nice and I quickly forgot about the bad aftertaste from the airport.
Anyways, no one wants to read this whole novel, so let me cut to the bullet points:
-Nine restaurants inside the hotel-- I ate as the sushi one (pretty good really) and the buffet one downstairs (good food, good selection).
-The rooms are clean an elegant. They are a step above almost every room I have stayed at in the Middle East. Nothing falling apart, everything is new, shiny and well made.
-5 minutes from the airport-- with shuttles running to the airport on the hour
-Staff is amazing and helpful. I had to leave every morning before breakfast opened and the cute lady behind the counter helped make sure room service dropped off a breakfast to my tastes every morning.
-The hotel just looks cool. You feel spoiled.
-Internet. I didn't try Skype to verify the speed, but it seemed fast, plus it was free.
-Location if you want to wander around. They are very close to the airport... but there really aren't any malls or anything in the area that I noticed.
-Desk at the airport wasn't staff. This may have been a "one-off", and they profusely apologized later, but they could have had a better start in my books.
-The pillows are a bit too soft. It seemed like my head sunk right through them. Not a huge deal, but you get the idea.
-If you're on an interior room (overlooking the lobby), you can hear the piano softly wafting in until about 10PM. I didn't mind it, but it might drove some people crazy.
-Nothing. It's in Kuwait? Really, I have nothing to complain about for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City is the authentic urban resort and business hotel in Kuwait. We are conveniently located within 20 minutes from the major government & corporate offices, and only 5 minutes to The Grand Avenues Mall, and 360 Shopping Mall and Golf Club. Kuwait International Airport is only a 5-minute drive away. Business and leisure travelers alike will appreciate the lush grounds and the prestigious High ways in which you will find many experiences to last a lifetime. Enjoy the largest free-form swimming pool. Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City offers 300 guestrooms with a variety of Pool view, suites and club floor rooms. The Hotel is equipped to host business meetings & social gatherings with eighteen flexible function rooms, and three grand ballrooms that accommodates up to 500 guests. 24-hour business centre with high-speed Internet access and Free Wi-Fi in all the guest rooms and meeting rooms that make doing business a snap. We offer wide choice of restaurants serving International cuisine, Iranian, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Far Eastern, American and seafood specialties. The renowned Spa and health Club invites guests to a variety of marvelous experiences with outstanding recreational facilities including a 24-hour gym, tennis, squash, swimming pools and numerous massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Kuwait City
- Crowne Plaza Kuwait City
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City Kuwait City