“Awesome Hotel. Location Great for Business Travelers.”

Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City
Ranked #9 of 69 Hotels in Kuwait City
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This hotel didn't get off to a great start for me. They have a desk at the airport once you exit the baggage claim.... and no one was there even though I had a reservation and they should have been expecting me. The next desk over managed to contact the person and (15 minutes later) I was finally on my way to the hotel.

The hotel isn't but about 5 minutes from the airport-- so it was a short and pleasant drive. As soon as I walked in, the staff was very nice and I quickly forgot about the bad aftertaste from the airport.

Anyways, no one wants to read this whole novel, so let me cut to the bullet points:

The GOOD:
-Nine restaurants inside the hotel-- I ate as the sushi one (pretty good really) and the buffet one downstairs (good food, good selection).
-The rooms are clean an elegant. They are a step above almost every room I have stayed at in the Middle East. Nothing falling apart, everything is new, shiny and well made.
-5 minutes from the airport-- with shuttles running to the airport on the hour
-Staff is amazing and helpful. I had to leave every morning before breakfast opened and the cute lady behind the counter helped make sure room service dropped off a breakfast to my tastes every morning.
-The hotel just looks cool. You feel spoiled.
-Internet. I didn't try Skype to verify the speed, but it seemed fast, plus it was free.

The MEDIOCRE:
-Location if you want to wander around. They are very close to the airport... but there really aren't any malls or anything in the area that I noticed.
-Desk at the airport wasn't staff. This may have been a "one-off", and they profusely apologized later, but they could have had a better start in my books.
-The pillows are a bit too soft. It seemed like my head sunk right through them. Not a huge deal, but you get the idea.
-If you're on an interior room (overlooking the lobby), you can hear the piano softly wafting in until about 10PM. I didn't mind it, but it might drove some people crazy.
The BAD:
-Nothing. It's in Kuwait? Really, I have nothing to complain about for this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a Priority Rewards Card before you go!!! I had next to zero points on mine, but I pulled it out...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Kuwait.

We appreciate when guest take time out of their busy schedules to provide us with some open and honest feedback about our services.

It is with a great disappointment to learn that we were not able to provide you the arrival experience that we usually aim for at the airport. Rest assured that we have immediately rectified the meet and greet process and every effort is being made to ensure that it is not repeated.

Equally we are also pleased to know that the rest of your stay was a pleasant one starting with the selection of the restaurants, cleanliness of the room, professionalism of the staff and the internet facilities.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate your business and truly want to make your experience as pleasant as possible and we hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza Hotel for your future travel needs in Kuwait.

Best regards,

Elezi Zekirija
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks on the Club Level (8th floor). The room rate was 9KD higher for the Executive Club rooms, but it was totally worth it. The personal concierge, personal check-in / check-out service and passes to the Pearl Lounge at the Kuwait airport were very nice perks. Additionally, the free breakfast at the Al-Ahmadi restaurant and Club Lounge were fantastic. The fitness center was very large (squash courts, basketball courts, weight room, cardio rooms, classes, etc) and was well appointed, though I did not take advantage of the spa services. All in all, the Crowne treated me like they cared and it made a long stay away from home nice. The only down side is that the location is 15 minutes from the center of Kuwait City, so if you're looking to be close to activity, you'll have to drive or take a cab.

Room Tip: Hotel is under construction adding a new wing, rooms on the spa side of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaKuwait, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience and assure you that this kind of feedback is very stimulating and makes our work even more pleasant.

Your complimentary comments about our Concierge, Check-in, Check-out and the quality of the food are very much valued.

I trust we will see you again soon for another enjoyable and quality stay at the Crowne Plaza Kuwait.

Best regards,

Elezi Zekirija
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was very impressed with the hotel's innovation in making promotions for business customers since I not only received an upgrade on my room but was also provided wifi for free and even received a pearl lounge pass for my return trip to Dubai. The hotel has excellent theme restaurants and has provided me great service during my stays.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I just got back to the States from a 3-night stay at the Kuwait Crown Plaza. My review may be a little biased because I had club access, but this was a far better hotel experience than any I have had in Kuwait previously. The staff was super courteous, the customer rep in the Club, Rose Espanto, was particularly helpful with every request we had. We had our choice of Club or main restaurant breakfast buffet, included in our room tab - with made to order omlets both locations. Complimentary transport to and from the hotel and airport, which was only 5 minutes away from the hotel - very convenient. Room, linens, bedding, furnishings - all abundant, comfortable, and in good working order. Laundry service pricey but fast and they did a good job on my clothes. I think I will become a regular at this hotel based on my experience this week. Yes, the new addition is still under construction, but it had no impact on my stay at all.

Room Tip: Ask for club floor access.
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel went way beyond my expectations. Beautiful interior and the best service I've ever experienced, the staff simply can't do enough for you. Great health club facilities too. Only downside is location, great for airport, not so great for the city.

Room Tip: Had a club room, well worth the extra for the fantastic business facilities
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I travel the world for business and here is my review. Slightly pricey but they make you feel like your the most important guest here. Gabber at the front dest was great in getting me checked in and out smoothly and quickly.
The rooms are small but well designed and clean. Great breakfast in the morning and the lobby is very welcoming.
I would recommend.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This was my second stay at the hotel and usual very good ambiance and excellent food. There is construction going on at some part of the hotel but the noise levels are bearable. The front desk executive could also do better by asking the guest their room preference in terms of either smoking or non-smoking

Room Tip: It would be prudent to ask for a smoking/ non smoking room depending on your preference
1  Thank Geoffrey K
Crowne Plaza Kuwait Al Thuraya City
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
#11 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City? Share your experiences!