“Utter disappointment!”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Utter disappointment!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

So my family and I, a party of 8, went to Gaucho Grill at Palms on Saturday the 1st of December and were quite excited to enjoy a family meal out. I could not believe how much the standard and quality of food has fallen! The best part of the whole experience was a lovely looking usher who seated us in the private booth. And the buck stops there.

They got the orders wrong, meat was not cooked according to preference, had to be redone twice on separate occasions. The presentation of the food was simply God-awful. A slab of meat on a white plate, and that's it. No garnish, not even for decorative purpose! Meat sauces were distributed later as were the sides. Service was simply shoddy, waiters seemed inexperienced and increasingly nervous as they couldn't seem to do anything right.

I don't know what has happened there. I used to love the place, but we couldn't get out of there fast enough. We had to get our meats packed to-go so that we could feed our cat.

Never going back there again. I take back my earlier positive review.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Samiraah S

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“simply the best”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Every time i visit this restaurant it just gets better and better.
Staff recognize repeat customers which is a nice touch.
The African hostess just oozes class when seating you to your table.
It is very kids friendly even though it looks very upscale.
The meat as always is delicious.
My best restaurant in Kuwait

• Visited November 2012
UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner after a day at the beach..”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

One word..WOW. Exceptional service and food. The staff were obviously trained to a very high standard, although , the only critisism i would have here is, they could be a little too 'present' during your meal,especially if you're having a romantic dinner for two, but nothing was too much trouble at all.
We were greeted like old friends, seated, drinks bought out promptly, and the steaks bought out to us . on a wooden board for us to make our choice. The food was absolutely delicious and of the highest standard.
We had starters, and a main - but unfortunately, we were too full for dessert, which I'm sure would've been fantastic too !
The restaurant, was spotless. We totally enjoyed our experience at The Gaucho Grill from start to finish...the only thing we both said would make it better - turn up the lighting a little !
It's nice to be able to see this delicious food that you're eating ! 9.5/10.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank tizyork
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Steak any way you like it”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This place is great! My manager offered to take us to dinner. He didn't know how expensive this place is for a group of people. HAHA! I love that I can choose the size steak I prefer. Everything is a-la-carte.

Visited November 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent steaks!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The place is in the Palms Hotel, there is so much construction around, and parking is horrible. In fact, just getting to the Valet Desk is a challenge. However, do not let any of this stand between you and one of the best, juiciest, and all around most AWESOME steaks that you can have in Kuwait. The waiters are very helpful, and they know their steaks...We had a great time..Now only if we could have a nice glass of Cabernet with that steak!

Visited May 2012