This is a great hotel. I was looking for something cheap that had decent reviews. Then I realized I was looking in Kuwait and that was not going to happen. The Ibis Sharq at least will not break your bank - the price is reasonable for Kuwait City - and is a good hotel.
The room is small. But everything feels clean, crisp, and modern. And definitely Western standards if that is a concern. The TV had the standard news channels, but also 2 movie channels that had movies in English.
Staff were helpful.
There also is a free gym, free local calls, free wifi, and a free show shine machine. And if you don't have a laptop with you, they have 3 or 4 computers that you can use and that is free as well.
The location is good. I even walked to the Grand Mosque and the souk (yes, in July) - it took about 20 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located down town, in the business district of Sharq, near banks and government offices. Walking distance from Souk Sharq and Kuwait Towers. Next to the Hamra Mall and business Tower. Free WiFi, Free Coffee & Tea making facilities and Mini-fridge in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Sharq Kuwait reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Sharq Kuwait Hotel Kuwait City
- Ibis Sharq Kuwait Kuwait City