“Perfect hotel, very nice staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Raamtin Residence Hotel
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Tehran
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I've stayed with my mother at this hotel for two weeks. The rooms are quite spacious and comfortable and also very clean. The bathroom is good and has everything you need. The breakfast is excellent with enough choice and the quality was high.

Staff are friendly, helpfull and pleasant even when you arrive in the middle of the night. Ladies and gentlemen at reception speak English very well and will help you anytime.

The location is fine and quite, also near a nice park.

We recomment Raamtin to everyone who wants a pleasant stay in Tehran. We will return to Tehran and will stay at Raamtin again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Maryam_Salehi

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I've stayed in the Raamtin on a few occasions and can recommend it as a decent base in north Tehran. Rooms are good and there is a very good restaurant on the premises. The ladies and young gentlemen who were on the reception counter during my stays were superb, probably the most friendly and helpful I've experienced. This review is as much for their great service as anything else.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank mickyb46
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We spent two nights at this very good hotel in northern Tehran in early March. We arrived after 10:00pm and receptionist quickly checked us in and gave us the key to our room (308) – we opened the door to a unmade room! We returned to reception and when we told of the state of the room, the receptionist profusely apologised and upgraded us to a suite.

The double room that we briefly saw would have been very suitable for us. Our new room, however, gave us space to stretch out and relax in a comfortable, nicely furnished suite. Breakfasts were excellent at Café Raamtin, with reasonable choice and the quality was high.

Staff were friendly, competent and very forthcoming with recommendations. Most spoke at least some English.

We had a delicious lunch (including caviar!) and very attentive service at the hotel’s restaurant Bistango. Although it was a Tuesday, the restaurant was half full even at lunch.

It was lovely but a little cool strolling the streets around the hotel. People on the street were surprisingly friendly for such a large city.

We would love to return to Tehran and would stay at Raamtin again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank yns_10
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Very good and pleasant hotel in northern part of Tehran. Very clean, spacious rooms and well organized operations. Run by very friendly staff which can tell you all about the city. One of the best restaurants of the city is in the basement.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank Oppie1978
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Over the last years I have been a frequent guest of the Raamtin Hotel in Tehran and I can only say that visitors to Tehran are advised to go to this hotel. The staff and the employees are more than friendly and very helpfull even when you arrive in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank AdriTheNetherlands
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The Raamtin Residence (RR) came as a welcome change for me. I usually stay at the Taj Mahal which I've previously reviewed and for which I have an affection based on long acquaintance. But given the choice, RR wins, on several levels: the breakfast is much better, with decent, machine made coffee; the beds are more comfortable and the location on Valiasr Avenue is excellent for window shopping and people watching. Rooms are clean, well equipped (if you have a pressing need to iron anything) and my room (402) had two large single beds. The bathroom was small, but had an excellent shower and adequate toiletries.

I opted for a room facing the back of the hotel because, I was warned, noise on the street from supporters of presidential candidates would continue late into the night. Such was the spectacle and carnival-like atmosphere enjoyed by thousands of young people; boys and girls together on the same bikes, and sharing cars unchaperoned, all displaying the green colour of the most moderate of the candidates, that I stayed up half the night myself. Chatting with supporters of Mir Mousavi, as the revelers passed by in a seemingly endless stream, I felt privileged to watch these young people enjoy their short taste of freedom and hope that their lives can improve for the better.

Back to the hotel review: RR also has an outstanding (for Iran) restaurant in the basement - Bistango - the closest thing to fine dining you'll find in Tehran. I don't hesitate to recommend RR to other business visitors.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
8  Thank mangolust
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I was a first-time visitor to Iran, and it's for business. First thing first, I want to state categorically that those of us who has been watching too much CNN or ABC/NBC coverage of Iran will find that this country is very different from what has been portrayed on our TV screen. The people are friendly, it has a functioning government and civil service, it possesses a sound infrastructure and people live in relative peace and abundance.

But if you're looking for entertainment or nice, posh restaurants to dine away while doing business in Iran, you'd be disappointed. Which is why the Raamtin is so valuable as a gem for a foreign visitor.

First, this hotel exudes a sort of boutique-style charm. It may not be very posh or pretty, but it's definitely a nice outfit. This hotel reminds me of the little pensions found in the quainter parts of major European cities, in terms of decor and in terms of cosiness.

The layout of the room is a breath of fresh air, not small and not in the typical style of western hotel rooms. It was a waste I did not bring any DVDs to watch to while my time away at night, as a DVD player was provided in the room free of charge. Of course you may rent DVDs from the reception but I was in no mood to spend too much.

The room was a clean and adequate. But I must say the layout of the bathroom was not too intelligent. The toilet bowl was placed in an awkward position just before the shower area, and there was no bathtub (not a major issue to me though). The toiletries were adequate but nothing to rave about.

Otherwise, everything works in the room and compared to the bigger hotels (which I visited as my colleagues and contacts were staying in the Homer and the Estagelal) the Raamtin is definitely more intimate and more cosy.

The location of the Raamtin is also good for some shopping of local products, e.g. nuts and confectionery. There is also a nice restaurant selling upmarket Iranian food within 3-5 mins walking distance (I forgot the name) and I enjoyed myself tremendously there.

From the shops, the parks and the restaurants in the vicinity of the Raamtin, it's not difficult to conclude that the hotel is located in a rich part of Tehran. Coupled with the warmth of the people of Iran, I think this makes for a good stay in a city not used to welcoming too many businessmen or foreign visitors.

And yes, two things to act as a caveat: 1. the internet speed in Iran is dreadfully slow, even with free WiFi throughout Tehran. This is something you'd have to accept there. 2. Credit cards are NOT accepted in Iran. So bring with (literally) stashes of cash, preferably US dollars. Again, you'd just need to get used to this.... too bad.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Sal the Fat Fish

Been to Raamtin Residence Hotel? Share your experiences!