“5-Star Hotel of Yesteryear...but Impressive Personal Touch of Modern Day”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Laleh International Hotel Iran
Ranked #49 of 58 Hotels in Tehran
Hong Kong, China
“5-Star Hotel of Yesteryear...but Impressive Personal Touch of Modern Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Built in the early Seventies as one of the Intercontinental Hotel chain, the Laleh still retains much of its orginal features intact. Agree with most reviewers that the furnishings and facilities are tired and in need of modernisation to live up to its claimed 5-star rating. The imposing grand chandelier at the main lobbly has long lost its lustre, while the much worn out sofa for waiting guests would have been relegated to the disposal ground in other establishments. The beds in the guestrooms could be of bigger size even for the small-built. So much for that, but the customer services are, to be fair, effective and more than adequate.

Our group checked in very early in the morning and the full buffet breakfast was promptly ready at 6 am. And, we were soon allowed access to our rooms well ahead of the normal available time for a much-needed rest after a long overnight flight before start of our tour in the afternoon. Such customer-oriented facilitation was much welcomed and appreciated by all.

But most impresseive of all was an incident experienced by one of our group. A member forgot to bring some essential health maintenance medicine and went to the resident doctor at the hotel clinic (a rare facility in Iranian hotels) for help. Not having the same drug in the clinic, the lady doctor duly prescribed him (a doctor himself) an alternative drug for the purpose, free of charge for the consultation and medication (probably for mutual professional respect) for the whole duration of his 10-day visit to Iran, even though we stayed at the Laleh just for one night. We thought such thoughtful personal gesture was most admirable, and hopely reflects an honourable civic mind of the profession in general.

Thus, notwithstanding any inadequacy in its hardware, our experience of the Laleh was a very positive one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cletus L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bilbao, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Before I travelled to Tehran, I checked the TripAdvisor for the Travellers reviews and these make me to be bit wary about the Laleh Hotel.
I can now confirmed that many of the comments are quite close to my own experience…The Laleh definitely needs a bit of a facelift but more importantly the food service must be improved. Breakfast is limited and quality below average. Restaurant service is equally poor and waiters are less than helpful and efficient, in two occasions brought me something I had not ordered (English is not the problem); worse of all, they did not seem to care about the mistake. At the lobby coffee-bar service is slow.
The room has seen better days but what they could do as a matter of urgency is to change the mattress, one of the most uncomfortable that I can remember.
The Reception staff was kind and helpful at all times and I must be understanding of the current situation and limitations on providing a better service not only at the Laleh but most hotels in Tehran, so overall I would give and average score and I hope to be back soon to Iran and to see the improvements that I am sure will be made.

1 Thank JuanFPerez
Brechin, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I arrived at the Laleh (previously the Intercontinental) Hotel at 05:30 in the morning. Reception and check in was extremely efficient and the whole lobby are was attractive. However that is where it stopped.
The rooms are small and in dire need of an upgrade. Dark and really need redecorating. I did notice that there are efforts going on to redecorate, at least on floor 4! Rusted door hinges and no "spy hole" in the door. Therefore you cant see who is knocking without opening the door. The bathroom is adequate, but I will say with a superb range of toiletries. The beds were hard but I know this is a personal preference but sheets etc. changed daily. The walls are thin and I was unlucky enough to have a couple as neighbours who seemed to hate each other. Arguing throughout the night! On the plus side the housekeeping service was first class. Spotlessly clean room. The AC was noisy. And even on the 10th floor traffic noise from the main road could be heard. I visited Tehran in winter and there is no extra blanket in the room. Cold!
The staff in general were helpful when approached but someone need to teach them to smile and to anticipate their customers needs.
All in all a decent hotel but very tired.

1 Thank Bruce S
Tehran, Iran
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our business office is located near this hotel and we had our business guests there, it was intercontinental of 20 years ago and no longer so, they asked trivia monies and hidden fees, they charged about 10 USD for 2 cups of teas in lobby, Our guests were so nervous about it and changed their hotels to another hotel.
They even don't say a tiny word of welcome to you and when you are going to checkout they didn't gave recipient with signing.

Room Tip: if possible make reservation in nearby hotels such as boulevard, espinas, vesal and many others, but...
3 Thank Hessamirza
Delhi, Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hotel Laleh is neat clean and most importantly well located place. The restaurant is beautiful with food generally accompanied by live Piano. The breakfast buffet is rich with both English and Iranian style food options. You can definitely indulge and experiment with rich Iranian cuisine, however will definitely suggest to experiment with some interesting food spots in main market. This hotel is a stone's throw away from a mediocre mall where you can buy dresses and food. The place is not very far from the bustling town shops. So overall if not anything Laleh is not a bad option.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank NchDelhi_Delhi_India
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

i think this hotel needs some renovation, the furnitures in the room are nice but a bit old
breakfast was ok, the view from the top floor restaurant was pretty nice, the outdoor pool was nice, generally a good hotel but expensive

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lomexito
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at the Laleh twice in October 2013 - at the beginning and end of my trip. I cannot understand how anyone could give the place a bad review!

We ate in the various Laleh restaurants - lovely meals, good service. Rooms were clean, functional and had great views. one of the dining rooms is beautifully decorated in the Persian style.

Most of all, the staff were superb. I just stayed a couple of days on my first visit and what I loved the most was that on my return 3 weeks later, I was greeted by staff like I was a long lost friend. Lovely, warm smiles of recognition and a chorus of 'welcome back' made me feel like I had come home. How good is that for a big hotel?

Laleh Park nearby is terrific for walking - all the locals are there exercising and relaxing - a great place to start your day or go for a moment of peace away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The little market on the corner near the modern art gallery is good too. The Carpet Museum is an easy walk. There is also a small commercial art gallery on the way to the little market. It is terrific.

There is a great bookshop in the lobby, with new and second-hand books about Iran in English.

Like all hotels in Iran it has two small issues - no floors for non-smokers, and wifi that doesn't reach all of the rooms.

Room Tip: You can have a room overlooking the park, or one overlooking the mountains. The latter is a better v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank OzzieAnnie

Been to Laleh International Hotel Iran? Share your experiences!