“Nice enough hotel, disinterested staff”
Review of Asareh Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Asareh Hotel
Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Tehran
Edinburgh
“Nice enough hotel, disinterested staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is a four star but in Iran these days that needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Its location is good - it is within walking distance of the Carpet Museum and some other major attractions. It is near the Azadi Bus Station and on a good side of town for both airports. It is now very good value since the dollar is so strong against the Rial. You can expect to pay $50 USD per night for a single room (probably for any room) including breakfast.

I had two major problems with this hotel. Firstly the rooms are seriously overheated. The heating system cannot be used to cool the room until the 'summer'. Northern soul that I am I was uncomfortable in 26 degrees + indoors in April. The staff will open the window if you ask but that's the only solution and you cannot open it yourself because of safety, reasonably.

The second gripe I have with this hotel is that the reception staff have not been taught that other cultures appreciate being smiled at. No smiling is done and most requests are greeted with a solemn silence, after which they might do what they can for you. Or they might not.

The food is quite limited (kebab or kebab, Madam?) but they were not very busy when I was there so it might have been hard to have a more varied menu. In all I stayed there six nights. The service got a bit warmer after a guide 'ticked them off'. Its location was handy for me which is why I stayed so many nights.

I gather there was a pool but being a woman in Iran I didn't even bother to ask about it.

Room Tip: Maybe a room nearer ground floor level will have windows that you can open.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Bernadette54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Frederiksberg
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The room I got had very hard narrow beds, which I was about to fall of more times.
In the shower, there was nothing to put your things on.
There were only iranian channels on the tv.
The room and bathroom was clean.
The breakfast was tasty.

Room Tip: The bigger rooms have better facilities.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Britta K

Been to Asareh Hotel? Share your experiences!