“Most terrible hotel ever”
Review of Espinas Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tehran
Espinas Hotel
Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels in Tehran
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed in a room at this hotel for 2 nights, but I wish I would not choose this one!
The location is really bad: it is located in one of the busy and noisiest areas of Tehran. In this area there is traffic limitations and ordinary car can not enter this area during a specific time of the day (6 to 19!).
I think the building is not designed for a hotel and the architect had limited information about hotel structure. I heard that this building was supposed to be a shopping- center!
There is no green space, like a little garden, in this hotel.
The most important advantage of this hotel is it is NEW. But I think they will face terrible problems in 3-4 years.
The service is really bad. The staff are not educated. They are not happy and friendly.
The quality of the food is terrible... I will never go back to this hotel!

10  Thank mreka

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean the staffs are going to be well trained still there are some requirements of course I host a guest in this hotel but I used one room one complete day the elevator is stops unblievly in each stage you hope to not to use the top floors which has not very beautiful sightseeing

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Hamid F
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was here for 3 nights in July, on a business trip.

Public areas: The hotel is nice in a 'traditional' way and not a chic/modern way. E.g. lots of warm colours in decor, marble floors in the lobby, carpeted floors etc. There was a coffee shop/lounge area in the lobby...a milkshake was I think around 40,000 IRR. I didn't get to try the breakfast on the 2nd floor. Also, there was a banquet/function room on the lobby floor, and it had functions every night we were there (quite noisy but I didn't hear anything from my room on the 6th).

Rooms: The rooms I saw during my stay were all quite spacious and relatively clean. My room had a tub with a fixed shower and the other room I saw had only a shower stall. TV had a few local channels (some in English), and I saw also French, Chinese and Japanese channels. A reminder for smokers: it is illegal to smoke in Tehran but I saw ashtrays in the room so I guess you can smoke there.

Staff: The main door had at least 1-2 doorman at all times and greeted us. They also doubled as bellboys and were eager to offer help.

Food: I only tried the restaurant in the basement which served traditional food. There was a salad/soup bar. The food was quite pricey (a main was maybe 200,000 IRR) and quality was mediocre. An alternative is to go to this fastfood chain called Albait or something...which is nearby (turn left when you exit the hotel and walk for about 100 meters). The kitchen looks empty and food is served slowly, but quality is not bad. I've tried the monster burger (72000 IRR for the combo) which was very good. I would also recommend the fried mushrooms :)

Room Tip: Higher floors facing away the main street (Keshavarz Blvd), to avoid both the noise from the cars do...
4  Thank Bubopoo
Reviewed July 10, 2012

nice clean rooms provides you the best amenities in Tehran standards. the hotel is located at the city center which is very convenient. the variety of the food at the restaurants are poor and tastes average. the staff is very friendly. the service at the lounge area keeps delaying but they serve very good refreshments..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Feyza T
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I spent 6 nights there and I have to say it's the best hotel I've ever been to. Location in business center, but quiet place. As far as I know, about 2 years ago, it was Hilton. Currently hotel has really nice interior, perfect service and good traditional restaurant. Just live music there is sometimes too loud and annoying. Swimming pool, sauna, steam sauna and jacuzzi helps to recover after rough day. But not included in price, just a discount. There is nothing else to say... just reccomend.

Room Tip: I had 415 room and there's nothing to see outside, just roofs of other buildings. Go for higher...
9  Thank JBoula
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Hi..

I was in Espinas hotel for 3 days as honetmoon from 15 June 2012.
It is pretty and cozy, just there were so noise in the night.
All thing are so good.
Also it is located in the central for access to metro station.
Regards

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel has the rooms refurbished a while ago, but the process of management was very poor... there are no English speaking channels, unless you are an avid fan of watching news over and over such as BBC, CNN etc, etc... but no channels, so if you do book, bring movies with you!

Staff on the front desk are very nice, so is the evening manager, Ash, the hotel needs a benchmarking process, in fact the whole Iran does, the staff in the coffee bistro are the most miserable hotel staff I have ever seen...

When I stayed there, the government were hosting Syrian government conference, needless to say the atmosphere wasn't too great, as even the Iranians were not happy of their presence!

Its a nice hotel, not luxurious but the food is mediocre, very mediocre....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank sawadee_1

Been to Espinas Hotel? Share your experiences!