Review Highlights
Iranian culture trip

Our trip to Iran could not have been better prepared and organized. My husband and I traveled with... read more

Reviewed October 25, 2022
heidihZ3311UG
Damavand 4 trek

I had a pleasure to do 4-day Damavand trek with Ali. From the beginning we had good communication... read more

Reviewed October 16, 2022
pohlak88

All reviews successful summit weather conditions useful tips visit iran highest peak visited shiraz kebab trek pace mountaineer encouragement yazd country company culture visas beauty
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2020 via mobile

We were teo hikers from Ireland looking to climb Damavand last September. It was the highest altitude we would have experienced and with
Mehrdad as our guide we had a wonderful trip. Highly recommend this company whether you are a very experienced hiker or not Mehrdad assessed our abilities and made sure we didnt push ourselves too hard as we reached higher altitudes. He ensured we were well fed and that we had lots of high sugar snacks for the final push to the summit which were essential. He anticipated all of our needs and was fantastic company. It was a very memorable trip.

Date of experience: September 2019
14  Thank yvonne611
Reviewed March 1, 2020

Me and Marcel spent three weeks in Iran in October 19, among other things to climb the Damavand mountain. After researching our options, having a totally strong phone conversation with Ali, we booked with Cheetah. Ali was able to give advice on everything. Before we arrived, I had read all the media reports about Iran, but when I arrived, we were very impressed how normal Tehran was. We could have been in any major city in the world. In fact, we thought Tehran felt safer than most cities. We decided to join the two-day Damavand expedition. Ali, our guide, had years of experience and we never had the feeling that we would not be successful in reaching the summit. After Damavand we spent several days in Tehran, Ban, Shiraz, Yazd, Isfahan.
If you want to take a look behind the scenes, Cheetah is the right company. I can only warmly recommend ALI and his team and Iran in general.

Date of experience: October 2019
14  Thank Amlehn
Reviewed February 19, 2020 via mobile

Being the autumn we were concerned about the weather but with all the trekking days being morning/early afternoon orientated we missed the mid-afternoon monsoon rain, which ran like clockwork. Mornings were sunny and blue skied, and the scenery got progressively amazing and otherworldly as we approached Damavand . The trails were almost empty due to the end of summer , but it really paid off for us .
Damavand finally emerged in glorious sunshine. It really felt like the perfect trip.

Our guide ALI from CHEETA ADVENTURE looked after us superbly. The increases in altitude were managed perfectly, with one acclimatization day in the 2 days to Damavand . This was particularly reassuring when we met at least two or three groups who were escaping to lower levels sick from the altitude ! The pace was also spot on as we never felt overly tired (we were fit) or rushed.

Our guide ALI was a fountain of knowledge having done the trek for many years. He looked after our safety at the more hairy bits, being careful we knew where the path was loose or slightly precarious. We felt we were good friend by the end of the trip and were really sad to say goodbye. Thank you ALI for such an amazing trip! Our porter was also great company and we had a lot of fun in their company.

Date of experience: September 2019
14  Thank matthew-ve
Reviewed February 18, 2020

I had such a wonderful experience with Ali and the team at Cheetah Adventures. It was easy for me to fit in as a solo traveller and join a group trekking Mount Damavand. I was so impressed with their mountaineering expertise, great communication and support for every member of the group. Iran in general was one of the most intriguing countries that I have visited. I felt safe and welcomed as a young female traveller every step of the way. Many thanks to Cheetah Adventures for facilitating it for me!

Date of experience: June 2019
13  Thank 279maddieg
Reviewed February 12, 2020 via mobile

We had a cultural tour to visit Tehran, Kashan, Isfahan, Yazd and Shiraz. Iran is wonderful and the people are so hospitable. We had a great time with Cheetah Adventures guys, and for sure I advise their service to anyone who wants to travel to Iran.

Date of experience: December 2019