Review Highlights
An amazing trip climbing Damavand and visiting Tehran

I conquered Damavand and visited Tehran with Cheetah adventures during summer. At first I was... read more

Reviewed May 4, 2020
tahamrf
Ryde, Australia
via mobile
True hospitality experience

These guys are very friendly and show true meaning of Iranian hospitality. Hard workers and well... read more

Reviewed April 2, 2020
SabaT44

All reviews guide ali cultural tour beautiful country an amazing trip caves expedition acclimatization ascent pace mountaineer altitude summit trekking peak hikers yazd sights
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2020

Me and Marcel spent three weeks in Iran in October 19, among other things to climb the Damavand mountain. After researching our options, having a totally strong phone conversation with Ali, we booked with Cheetah. Ali was able to give advice on everything. Before we arrived, I had read all the media reports about Iran, but when I arrived, we were very impressed how normal Tehran was. We could have been in any major city in the world. In fact, we thought Tehran felt safer than most cities. We decided to join the two-day Damavand expedition. Ali, our guide, had years of experience and we never had the feeling that we would not be successful in reaching the summit. After Damavand we spent several days in Tehran, Ban, Shiraz, Yazd, Isfahan.
If you want to take a look behind the scenes, Cheetah is the right company. I can only warmly recommend ALI and his team and Iran in general.

Date of experience: October 2019
14  Thank Amlehn
Reviewed February 19, 2020 via mobile

Being the autumn we were concerned about the weather but with all the trekking days being morning/early afternoon orientated we missed the mid-afternoon monsoon rain, which ran like clockwork. Mornings were sunny and blue skied, and the scenery got progressively amazing and otherworldly as we approached Damavand . The trails were almost empty due to the end of summer , but it really paid off for us .
Damavand finally emerged in glorious sunshine. It really felt like the perfect trip.

Our guide ALI from CHEETA ADVENTURE looked after us superbly. The increases in altitude were managed perfectly, with one acclimatization day in the 2 days to Damavand . This was particularly reassuring when we met at least two or three groups who were escaping to lower levels sick from the altitude ! The pace was also spot on as we never felt overly tired (we were fit) or rushed.

Our guide ALI was a fountain of knowledge having done the trek for many years. He looked after our safety at the more hairy bits, being careful we knew where the path was loose or slightly precarious. We felt we were good friend by the end of the trip and were really sad to say goodbye. Thank you ALI for such an amazing trip! Our porter was also great company and we had a lot of fun in their company.

Date of experience: September 2019
14  Thank matthew-ve
Reviewed February 18, 2020

I had such a wonderful experience with Ali and the team at Cheetah Adventures. It was easy for me to fit in as a solo traveller and join a group trekking Mount Damavand. I was so impressed with their mountaineering expertise, great communication and support for every member of the group. Iran in general was one of the most intriguing countries that I have visited. I felt safe and welcomed as a young female traveller every step of the way. Many thanks to Cheetah Adventures for facilitating it for me!

Date of experience: June 2019
13  Thank 279maddieg
Reviewed February 12, 2020 via mobile

We had a cultural tour to visit Tehran, Kashan, Isfahan, Yazd and Shiraz. Iran is wonderful and the people are so hospitable. We had a great time with Cheetah Adventures guys, and for sure I advise their service to anyone who wants to travel to Iran.

Date of experience: December 2019
14  Thank Amirson
Reviewed January 6, 2020

When we decided to visit Iran it was difficult to choose an agency. Cheetah Adventures was recommended to us by some friends and it turned out to be the best choice. The communication was very fast, easy and prompt from the beginning. Thank you guys for answering all my questions (even the silly ones), for being so patient with our requests and the constantly changing number of our group, for writing so many e-mails and for the useful tips you gave us.

Part of our group wanted to try to climb Damavand and after that continue with a cultural trip and the other part joined several days later only for the cultural trip. So Cheetah Adventures had the tough task to make the best itinerary. And they made it- all the transportation, transfers, accomodations were perfectly organized and on time.

The Damavand climb (5671m) is not an easy one. Altough it was the end of June there was still a lot of snow, it was very windy and cold. It's was a steep and long climb. Without the help of Cheetah Adventures's team we couldn't make it. They helped us all the time, adjusted the pace, gave us breaks when we needed them most. I'll rememember Damavand with the beautiful views and the blossoming puppies.This is not the highest point I've reached but one of the most demanding.
After descending we spent a day in Rilneh village exploring the nearby waterfall, the old caves and hot spring swimming pool.

Our visit to Tehran, Kashan, Abyaneh, Isfahan, Shiraz, Persepolis showed us the beauty of the persian cities and culture. We were warmly welcomed everywhere and often greeted from people on the street with a big smile and "Welcome to Iran". In Shiraz we were even asked for an interview by the local TV chanel and made us feel like celebrities. Special thanks to our guide Ali for telling us so much about iranian culture, for his knowledge, flexibility and patience, for showing us so many beautiful places.
It was a quick glimpse but unforgettable trip! Hope to see you again!

Date of experience: June 2019