Review Highlights
An amazing trip climbing Damavand and visiting Tehran

I conquered Damavand and visited Tehran with Cheetah adventures during summer. At first I was... read more

Reviewed May 4, 2020
tahamrf
Ryde, Australia
via mobile
True hospitality experience

These guys are very friendly and show true meaning of Iranian hospitality. Hard workers and well... read more

Reviewed April 2, 2020
SabaT44

All reviews guide ali cultural tour beautiful country an amazing trip caves expedition acclimatization ascent pace mountaineer altitude summit trekking peak hikers yazd sights
Selected filters
Reviewed February 18, 2020

I had such a wonderful experience with Ali and the team at Cheetah Adventures. It was easy for me to fit in as a solo traveller and join a group trekking Mount Damavand. I was so impressed with their mountaineering expertise, great communication and support for every member of the group. Iran in general was one of the most intriguing countries that I have visited. I felt safe and welcomed as a young female traveller every step of the way. Many thanks to Cheetah Adventures for facilitating it for me!

Date of experience: June 2019
13  Thank 279maddieg
Reviewed February 12, 2020 via mobile

We had a cultural tour to visit Tehran, Kashan, Isfahan, Yazd and Shiraz. Iran is wonderful and the people are so hospitable. We had a great time with Cheetah Adventures guys, and for sure I advise their service to anyone who wants to travel to Iran.

Date of experience: December 2019
14  Thank Amirson
Reviewed January 6, 2020

When we decided to visit Iran it was difficult to choose an agency. Cheetah Adventures was recommended to us by some friends and it turned out to be the best choice. The communication was very fast, easy and prompt from the beginning. Thank you guys for answering all my questions (even the silly ones), for being so patient with our requests and the constantly changing number of our group, for writing so many e-mails and for the useful tips you gave us.

Part of our group wanted to try to climb Damavand and after that continue with a cultural trip and the other part joined several days later only for the cultural trip. So Cheetah Adventures had the tough task to make the best itinerary. And they made it- all the transportation, transfers, accomodations were perfectly organized and on time.

The Damavand climb (5671m) is not an easy one. Altough it was the end of June there was still a lot of snow, it was very windy and cold. It's was a steep and long climb. Without the help of Cheetah Adventures's team we couldn't make it. They helped us all the time, adjusted the pace, gave us breaks when we needed them most. I'll rememember Damavand with the beautiful views and the blossoming puppies.This is not the highest point I've reached but one of the most demanding.
After descending we spent a day in Rilneh village exploring the nearby waterfall, the old caves and hot spring swimming pool.

Our visit to Tehran, Kashan, Abyaneh, Isfahan, Shiraz, Persepolis showed us the beauty of the persian cities and culture. We were warmly welcomed everywhere and often greeted from people on the street with a big smile and "Welcome to Iran". In Shiraz we were even asked for an interview by the local TV chanel and made us feel like celebrities. Special thanks to our guide Ali for telling us so much about iranian culture, for his knowledge, flexibility and patience, for showing us so many beautiful places.
It was a quick glimpse but unforgettable trip! Hope to see you again!

Date of experience: June 2019
14  Thank Katerina66544
Reviewed December 11, 2019

Thanks to Ali and colleagues, in May 2019 I (59 yrs.) had a solo ski tour for 8 days, ending happily at the summit of Mt. Damavand. From start with web page, e-mails to clarify before booking, booking, payment and, of course most important the tour itself, all was professional and highly hospitable. No problems or distressing events. The company's strengths are the combination between professionality, knowledge, being personal and flexibility according to wishes of guests. In my case, the possibility to instant add an extra day due to two days of bad weather made it possible to reach the summit. The company does not "cut edges" to save on food, transport, accommodation etc.
Especially, many thanks to my guide Ali for very pleasant company, encouragement and professional guiding! In addition to highly memorable days in the mountains, I really appreciated the hospitality, genuineness, culture and food of Iran. I hope that the future makes it possible to come for a new visit – if so, Cheetah is a starting point!

Date of experience: May 2019
13  Thank janviha
Reviewed November 1, 2019

I climbed Damavand mountain and visited Tehran with guys from Cheetah Adventures. This is how it went:

I was very lucky to have guys from Cheetah Adventures - Iranian mountain/travel agency - to guide me on my Damavand trip. They were very friendly/professional/efficient/reliable/knowledgeable and most of all fun to interact with. Ali with another guide - Mehrdad - were my Damavand mountain guides. I could not have asked for better guides. Ali is a world class mountain climber with perfect sense for the detail and strategy and Mehrdad is also the guy you want to have on your team - very hardworking and dedicated to your mission. My ascent was great and I truly enjoyed it. But it was also demanding as Damavand is a big mountain. After successful summit, we descended down to Rineh village and spend the whole day visiting beautiful sights in the region: great waterfall, nice fresco in the canyon, amazing man-made caves, fantastic hot spa swimming pool and delicious authentic dinner with traditional Iranian meals and drinks. Then later on, we drove back to Tehran and I spent 2 days exploring Tehran with Hossain and again, I was very happy with how it went. Hossain showed me interesting places in Tehran that I could have probably never visited given just 2 days in the city. He knows a lot about Tehran, history and Iran in general and is fun to discuss various topics with.

Bottom line: Iran is a beautiful country, Iranian people were extremely friendly and nice to me. Ali and his team proved to be the best choice for my adventure and I will not hesitate to cooperate with them again when I go to climb Alam-Kuh - the second highest mountain in Iran.

The verdict: everybody, please do not hesitate and contact Cheetah Adventures, they are the best for your Iranian travel adventure.

Date of experience: May 2019