Niloo Hotel
All reviewsitalian foodal denteboutique hotelvanak squarenice hotelfriendly receptionsatellite tvbusiness visitgood sizeeasy accessother hotelsclean roomsbreakfast buffet isvaliasr streetfriendly atmospherecouple of nightsvisit iran
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights a few weeks ago.
It is a nice little hotel, with enough comfort for a few days. Big rooms etc.
Breakfast is served in the Restaurant downstairs, and is quite basic.
At night the Restaurant serves quite good Italian food (foreigners may get sick of the option of kebabs, kebabs and... kebabs...).
The only problem is that is quite remote from many places around Tehran, and because it is a small hotel the taxi drivers don't know where it is. You will definetely need to take some of the hotels business cards with you when you go out.
Unless you have a driver to take you around the city (which we did) I would reconsider this hotel.
Otherwise nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank VITaylor
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My 10 yr old and I stayed here for a family visit.
- Space: the one bedroom apartment was VERY small and somewhat dated and dark. Only two windows facing some type of solarium.
- The bathroom: an EXTREMLY small shower that would plug in a small overall bathroom. (nothing is worse than a shower that plugs).
- People: Day staff were very courteous and helpful. Night staff were ignorant at best. Like the rest of the experience in Tehran, the people were the best part as the day shift staff helped us with arranging for what we needed with a smile and no excuses.
- There was no PC in the room as advertised, as the night shift staff initially told me they have collected all the computers from the rooms ( which we later found out was not true.) However I learned mideweek from the day shift front desk staff that was not the case and they aplologized and had a PC that did NOT work installed. I gave up!!! They discounted the room upon check out for the inconvenience.
- WiFi: slow when it is working. I had access only for half of the stay.
-Location: quiet and fairly easy in a middle class neighborhood. NOT uptown! We picked the plac as it was close to relative's residence.
Overall: This is perhaps a two and a half star or a three star hotel at best. It must have been nice when new. This place could have been a better experience with small amount efforts to imporve the rooms and infratstructure.

Room Tip: Learn about the size and emphsize on street side rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Travel-Well-000
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have been at Niloo last January for a week. I was surprise of this little but stylish hotel just in the heart of Tehran: the staff is very helpful and friendly and the service is very good.
The rooms are very big, actually they were more apartments than room with a good view on Millad Tower. The hotel is very clean with a nice mix of persian art and style with european cleanness and comfort (thinks hard to find!). The gym and the pool are little but are always empty because the hotel is full of businessman so we had the chance to relax for a couple of hours in the swimming pool...and believe me, find a relaxing and silence place in Tehran is not so easy, is such a big and crowded city!!
The hotel is also good located for reach the airports (both International and local fly) and is in a walking distance from the park Water and Fire...a really suggestive park with a nice view on the mountains and nice installations.
I really suggest this hotel

Room Tip: Odd rooms have a better view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank AngeRo_84
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Niloo hotel is probably one of the best hotels in Tehran. However, it is far from 5 star!

I agree with the rooms being nice and big but in the 3 nights that I stayed in the hotel in April 2011, we encountered several problems. First the computer didn't work and we had to have someone visit in the middle of our family lunch in the room to fix it. Then the shower was clogged, then finally we found out that in the last two days our door was not even locked!! At this point my husband decided to complain. But what followed was the manager giving me a lecture on how I should have behaved and managed the situation myself for about 30 minutes making me feel really bad just two days after my wedding. That was not a very professional move on her side. To finish off she had mixed up the payments for all the 4 rooms that we had rented and people ended up paying the wrong amounts which made it very inconvenient for us having to chase money from people. Also my guests in the other room had problem with their AC and their safe box (their belongings got locked inside the box) so we constantly had to have someone visit the rooms to fix problems (violation of our privacy).

I could forget about all the problems but the manager's response to our valid complaint has darkened my memory of this hotel. It is important to mention that the staff were extremely nice specially Miss Abdollahy. The pool is also nice and empty (the sauna didn't work) and my guests were very happy with the food and the front desk service.

It looks like they have some work to do to bring up the room standards to 5 star.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms further away from the motorway
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank nmr235
Reviewed December 6, 2011

The Staff are very helpful without being intrusive.
Contrary to western press the Iran People that I have met in 4 months staying at Niloo have all be very friendly and courteous.
Niloo Hotel is locate in a safe and clean area, close to mian acess routes.
The Apartments are clean and warm, the food is good and the place has a quite style.
I recommend the Hotel and Tehran.

Regards

Paul

Room Tip: Rooms at the4 back are slightly larger, but all seem nice
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business