Review Highlights
Amazing trip to Persepolis and Pasárgada!

Surfiran is amazing! I booked a tour with them to Persepolis, Necropolis and Pasárgada and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
lauraamigo2018
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
via mobile
Amazing trip!

I had a wonderful trip with Surfiran, the agency is very professional and their guides are... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Sara88ny
New York City, New York

All reviews train tour visit iran tour company visa application unforgettable trip private tour guide driver day tour wonderful country persian history alborz mountains journey arya itinerary yazd shiraz ahmad
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a fantastic holiday. Surfiran were really helpful from the start with Sarah replying to emails really quickly and helping with our visa applications. Our tour group consisted of just me, my husband and another couple and we all got on really well. Our tour guide, Abdi, was really knowledgeable about everywhere that we went. He also had a really good sense of humour and we all got on really well throughout the tour.

As well as the expected mosques, we saw lots of palaces, gardens, hammams and bazaars, as well as going up to Darband in the north of Tehran, which is completely different to anything else we saw there. The 2 hotels in Tehran were OK, but the other 3 hotels were stayed at were lovely, with 2 of them having courtyards with fountains and pools which were really pretty.

One of the main things that stood out for us was the friendliness of the Iranian people. So many people asked us where we were from and wished us a happy holiday.

On the whole I would recommend Surfiran for anyone wishing to travel to Iran and the fact that we were in a little group really made the holiday special from anything else we have done.

Date of experience: March 2019
2  Thank Rhisibabe
Reviewed February 22, 2019

read before you book anything:
My flight from Bangkok to Pakistan was on 20.1.2019.

Here are all the details:

15.12. - I applied for Iranian eVisa.

22.12.- I got the answer which said to print "this paper" and visit the local embassy, although when I checked my application online it said "pending".

5.1. - I went to the embassy in Bangkok to collect my visa sticker. They told me that my eVisa was rejected and that I have to apply through a travel agency in Iran.

6.1. - I applied through "SURFIRAN" travel agency in Iran, as they had good reviews, and paid the fee of 45 euros for visa (reference code) via paypal.

8.1. - The agency applied for my visa reference code.

14.1. - The agency told me that their application got rejected because there is still an ongoing process somewhere else. They told me they cant do anything until I cancel my application where I applied.

So, Iranian eVisa system doesnt work or there is nobody who is taking care of it. At their website, under "contact us" section, there are 3 phone numbers - all of them are invalid. It took me at least 2 hours to find out how to cancel my "pending" application - and no, you cannot do it on their website by yourself. Only Iranian embassy can do it.

15.1. - I went back to the embassy to cancel my online application, which they didnt do on the first time although they should have known of that.

16.1. - Travel agency applied successfully for my visa reference code, and set to pick up my visa sticker in Islamabad, as there was no more time to do it in Bangkok.

19.1. - I got my reference code and my visa was granted. I printed it and I just had to collect my visa sticker in Islamabad. I was told that it would take just a day or two.

28.1. - I went to the embassy in Islamabad. I submitted my papers and paid another fee of 5,700 PKR. They said it has to get one more approval from the government and the process might take up to 3 weeks. I told them that my Pakistani visa will expire and I cannot wait for 3 weeks. They told me that there is nothing they can do, but probably it will take only about a week or so.

30.1. - Saber Bahrami from SURFIRAN travel agency asked me to pay in advance for the tour or they will cancel my visa reference code. But the thing is that we NEVER agreed on booking any tour. We just agreed on getting a reference code, which I paid for. I did tell them before that I am interested in 2 group tours, but because I really wanted it! They never told me that I MUST book any tour with them. And I also told that I'm not paying anything for any tour until I have my visa sticker in my passport. I felt blackmailed and cheated. I couldnt believe that after all that trouble he is trying to extort money from me in this way! After some talking with him, he agreed to wait and not to cancel my code, although I got an impression that he didnt believe me about the second approval. He claimed that it has never happened to them before and that when I get my code it takes only a day or two to get my sticker.

(even if I have got my visa, after this blackmail I would have find another agency to book a tour, definitely not this one).

4.2. - I called the embassy. Still no news.

6.2. - I called the embassy again. Still nothing.

7.2. - Saber Bahrami asked me again when will I send them money and what happened with my visa. He told me that my visa reference code has "probably" expired, because they put the date of entry "5.2." - also something we didnt agree on, as I told them the first time that Im not sure about the exact dates. He never told me anything about any "dates"! His suggested to reapply and go through the whole process again from begging - and send them another 45 euros. After I refused, he told me that it might be something personal against me that Iranian government found on internet (?!). Maybe Im also permanently banned for some reason.......

12.2. - I call the embassy again and still no news.

After this I have had it enough and I booked my flight out of Pakistan for 14.2.

18.2. - I received an email from Iranian embassy in Islamabad to bring my passport for further processing. (!!!)

So, it took 22 days tor Iranian government to give me the second approval. They didnt care about my Pakistani visa, they just let me wait, without any info, without anything, they didnt care at all. Is that how you treat people who want to spend their money in your country??? Thats very disappointing.

Date of experience: February 2019
2  Thank diana156258
eshraqi, Manager at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2019

Dear David Dimsita,

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience regarding your visit to Iran. We were responsible to provide a visa code reference for you, as you had paid the visa process fee.

We did it and you received the visa code. By issuance of the visa code the Iranian consulate in Pakistan was held responsible to grant the visa stamp on your passport.

This process took longer than the time you’d planned to enter Iran for any reason so the visa code wasn’t valid anymore. This is something totally out of our control.

Also as a travel agency we are obliged to insure and run the tour for our clients based on the itinerary we have applied to MFA office and received the visa code. This was also negotiated with you via email.

Finally we are sorry for not being able to host you in Iran and are pleased to refund the visa fee and give you a special offer for your next visit to Iran.

Best Regards,
Mehdi Eshraghi, CEO of SURFIRAN

Reviewed February 17, 2019

I always wanted to travel to Iran, and was recommended to book through SURFIRAN by my friend.

I had an excellent experience, and would recommend travelers to book through travel agency while visiting here if you can't speak Farsi. Many people spoke English, but the efficiency with an agency is unmatched.

My family of 4 visited, and SURFIRAN booked us a private tour. We had a guide, a van and driver, just for us. The car waited for us everywhere we went, and with the Farsi speaking guide, everything was so much easier.

Tehran, Kashan, Esfahan, Yazd, Persepolis, and Shiraz were the cities we visited. We pretty much covered everything in these cities.

Lastly, I want to say Iran was so friendly and safe. Just a simple search on YouTube, all the travelers who visited Iran was surprised about the country was very safe (not as the commonly negative portrayal). If your interested, I think just go, don't think too much and enjoy the warm hospitality, and amazing history there.

I loved my trip and would look forward to visiting again soon to the northern parts.

Date of experience: January 2019
3  Thank Tommy0831
Reviewed February 6, 2019

We traveled in 2 in a private tour around Iran in January 2019 for 13 days. I usually prefer to organize my trips by myself but this time we decided to go with an agency - the best decision we have ever taken! Surfiran since the beginning was extremely professional and responsive. Furthermore, our cultural guide (Ali Koroghlian) introduced us to the local life and people in Iran and trust me .. that made a massive difference. We felt welcomed at any time by the locals and Ali made everything possible to satisfy all our expectations and needs (i'm a photographer so i might be painful sometimes for tour guides). The itinerary was perfect for us and we are high pace travelers. We loved all places we visited and I wouldn't take anything out from what we experienced. honestly, Surfiran and Ali made the difference for the first time in many times I travelled. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank GiselleIsabel
Reviewed January 1, 2019

I took a 15 day tour in May-June 2018 with Surfiran and absolutely loved the experience. Coming from the United States of America I definitely had a lot of questions and had to go through a long visa application process, but Sarah from Surfiran was extremely helpful and very responsive throughout the entire process. The visa application process took about 6 weeks from start (booking the trip) to finish (receiving my passport back from the Pakistani embassy), but Sarah and I were in frequent contact with updates and answers to all of my questions.

My trip ended up consisting of a driver, a guide (Ahmad), another American (female solo traveler) and an Australian guy (also solo). We were all about the same age, roughly 25-35, which made this a particularly fun group. Before the trip, I inquired about the possibility of a home cooked dinner with an Iranian family. We ended up having dinner at Sarah's house with her mom, aunt, Sarah and her brother and sister. It was a great experience with a personal touch you might not get with larger tour companies.

The 15 day tour (Persia in Depth) was reasonably priced and very well planned out. We spent the right amount of time in each city/village we visited and the guide/driver were flexible to our requests. Some of the hotels used on the trip have the smaller bathroom/shower combo, but for the most part the hotels all were pretty nice.

The excellent visa application support service, the incredible sights you will see, the delicious food, the friendly and hospitable people you will meet (many strangers wanting to chat) all made this trip totally worth it. Perfect for older travelers and younger ones wanting to fill their IG page with tons of incredible pictures. I highly recommend not only visiting Iran, but using Surfiran to help you tour their beautiful country!

Date of experience: May 2018