Review Highlights
Wonderful Iran!

I made a last minute decision to visit Iran while I was visiting Italy. This made it virtually... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2020
226gilliant
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Trip to Iran

I took a 2 week trip to Iran with Surfiran tour company this november. Traveling to Iran was, for a... read more

Reviewed December 11, 2019
I6477FYbeatrizc

All reviews visit iran tour company day tour wonderful country persian history small group an american wonderful trip driver guide saber visa itinerary requests yazd shiraz landscape knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2019

This was a fantastic holiday. Surfiran were really helpful from the start with Sarah replying to emails really quickly and helping with our visa applications. Our tour group consisted of just me, my husband and another couple and we all got on really well. Our tour guide, Abdi, was really knowledgeable about everywhere that we went. He also had a really good sense of humour and we all got on really well throughout the tour.

As well as the expected mosques, we saw lots of palaces, gardens, hammams and bazaars, as well as going up to Darband in the north of Tehran, which is completely different to anything else we saw there. The 2 hotels in Tehran were OK, but the other 3 hotels were stayed at were lovely, with 2 of them having courtyards with fountains and pools which were really pretty.

One of the main things that stood out for us was the friendliness of the Iranian people. So many people asked us where we were from and wished us a happy holiday.

On the whole I would recommend Surfiran for anyone wishing to travel to Iran and the fact that we were in a little group really made the holiday special from anything else we have done.

Date of experience: March 2019
3  Thank Rhian P
ElhamBabaee, Sales consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2019

Dear Rhian,

We are happy to know that you have had a good time staying in Iran and visiting the country. Hope to see you in Iran again.

Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2019

I always wanted to travel to Iran, and was recommended to book through SURFIRAN by my friend.

I had an excellent experience, and would recommend travelers to book through travel agency while visiting here if you can't speak Farsi. Many people spoke English, but the efficiency with an agency is unmatched.

My family of 4 visited, and SURFIRAN booked us a private tour. We had a guide, a van and driver, just for us. The car waited for us everywhere we went, and with the Farsi speaking guide, everything was so much easier.

Tehran, Kashan, Esfahan, Yazd, Persepolis, and Shiraz were the cities we visited. We pretty much covered everything in these cities.

Lastly, I want to say Iran was so friendly and safe. Just a simple search on YouTube, all the travelers who visited Iran was surprised about the country was very safe (not as the commonly negative portrayal). If your interested, I think just go, don't think too much and enjoy the warm hospitality, and amazing history there.

I loved my trip and would look forward to visiting again soon to the northern parts.

Date of experience: January 2019
3  Thank Tommy0831
elhambabaee, Sales consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Dear Tommy,

It's nice to know that you had a good experience visiting Iran. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2019

We traveled in 2 in a private tour around Iran in January 2019 for 13 days. I usually prefer to organize my trips by myself but this time we decided to go with an agency - the best decision we have ever taken! Surfiran since the beginning was extremely professional and responsive. Furthermore, our cultural guide (Ali Koroghlian) introduced us to the local life and people in Iran and trust me .. that made a massive difference. We felt welcomed at any time by the locals and Ali made everything possible to satisfy all our expectations and needs (i'm a photographer so i might be painful sometimes for tour guides). The itinerary was perfect for us and we are high pace travelers. We loved all places we visited and I wouldn't take anything out from what we experienced. honestly, Surfiran and Ali made the difference for the first time in many times I travelled. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank GiselleIsabel

Dear Gisella,

It really is nice to hear that you had a good experience traveling in Iran. We are happy that we had the chance to help you. Hope to see you in Iran again.

Reviewed January 1, 2019

I took a 15 day tour in May-June 2018 with Surfiran and absolutely loved the experience. Coming from the United States of America I definitely had a lot of questions and had to go through a long visa application process, but Sarah from Surfiran was extremely helpful and very responsive throughout the entire process. The visa application process took about 6 weeks from start (booking the trip) to finish (receiving my passport back from the Pakistani embassy), but Sarah and I were in frequent contact with updates and answers to all of my questions.

My trip ended up consisting of a driver, a guide (Ahmad), another American (female solo traveler) and an Australian guy (also solo). We were all about the same age, roughly 25-35, which made this a particularly fun group. Before the trip, I inquired about the possibility of a home cooked dinner with an Iranian family. We ended up having dinner at Sarah's house with her mom, aunt, Sarah and her brother and sister. It was a great experience with a personal touch you might not get with larger tour companies.

The 15 day tour (Persia in Depth) was reasonably priced and very well planned out. We spent the right amount of time in each city/village we visited and the guide/driver were flexible to our requests. Some of the hotels used on the trip have the smaller bathroom/shower combo, but for the most part the hotels all were pretty nice.

The excellent visa application support service, the incredible sights you will see, the delicious food, the friendly and hospitable people you will meet (many strangers wanting to chat) all made this trip totally worth it. Perfect for older travelers and younger ones wanting to fill their IG page with tons of incredible pictures. I highly recommend not only visiting Iran, but using Surfiran to help you tour their beautiful country!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank balooko31

Dear Jakob,

It's a pleasure to know that you had a good time in Iran, and it was all a pleasure to be able to help you with the trip. We hope to see you in Iran again.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

My wife Andrea and self recently toured Iran. We generally travel independently using tour guides sparingly. On this occasion though we enlisted the help of SurfIran. Our trip was a combination of winging it ourselves and using their experience to enhance the journey, Every guide they provided spoke excellent English and were thoroughly attentive to our needs. Importantly we were not steered into specific shops and the information at key sites was well researched and conveyed. In all we had four different guides. Two in Tehran, one who drove us from Mashhad to Yazd and another for one day in Shiraz. All of them gave us good hints for our onward journey which proved very useful. The accommodation provided was always up to expectation. From staying in a small village picking and sorting Saffron where we were greeted by the town hall staff, musicians and a lot of friendly locals to touring the major shrines we felt spoilt. Some of our requirements were out of the ordinary and SurfIran helped us with kindness and consideration leading their actions. We felt humbled at the service provided including booking hotels, homestays, transport, providing meals, advice and most importantly fully engaged, well trained tour guides. All at what seemed to us a very reasonable cost.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank colin m

Dear Colin,

We are really happy that you have had a good time traveling in Iran. It was all a pleasure to be able to assist you with your trip. We hope to see you in Iran again.