Review Highlights
Amazing trip to Persepolis and Pasárgada!

Surfiran is amazing! I booked a tour with them to Persepolis, Necropolis and Pasárgada and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
lauraamigo2018
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
via mobile
Amazing trip!

I had a wonderful trip with Surfiran, the agency is very professional and their guides are... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Sara88ny
New York City, New York

All reviews train tour visit iran tour company visa application unforgettable trip private tour guide driver day tour wonderful country persian history alborz mountains journey arya itinerary yazd shiraz ahmad
Reviewed February 6, 2019

We traveled in 2 in a private tour around Iran in January 2019 for 13 days. I usually prefer to organize my trips by myself but this time we decided to go with an agency - the best decision we have ever taken! Surfiran since the beginning was extremely professional and responsive. Furthermore, our cultural guide (Ali Koroghlian) introduced us to the local life and people in Iran and trust me .. that made a massive difference. We felt welcomed at any time by the locals and Ali made everything possible to satisfy all our expectations and needs (i'm a photographer so i might be painful sometimes for tour guides). The itinerary was perfect for us and we are high pace travelers. We loved all places we visited and I wouldn't take anything out from what we experienced. honestly, Surfiran and Ali made the difference for the first time in many times I travelled. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank GiselleIsabel
Reviewed January 1, 2019

I took a 15 day tour in May-June 2018 with Surfiran and absolutely loved the experience. Coming from the United States of America I definitely had a lot of questions and had to go through a long visa application process, but Sarah from Surfiran was extremely helpful and very responsive throughout the entire process. The visa application process took about 6 weeks from start (booking the trip) to finish (receiving my passport back from the Pakistani embassy), but Sarah and I were in frequent contact with updates and answers to all of my questions.

My trip ended up consisting of a driver, a guide (Ahmad), another American (female solo traveler) and an Australian guy (also solo). We were all about the same age, roughly 25-35, which made this a particularly fun group. Before the trip, I inquired about the possibility of a home cooked dinner with an Iranian family. We ended up having dinner at Sarah's house with her mom, aunt, Sarah and her brother and sister. It was a great experience with a personal touch you might not get with larger tour companies.

The 15 day tour (Persia in Depth) was reasonably priced and very well planned out. We spent the right amount of time in each city/village we visited and the guide/driver were flexible to our requests. Some of the hotels used on the trip have the smaller bathroom/shower combo, but for the most part the hotels all were pretty nice.

The excellent visa application support service, the incredible sights you will see, the delicious food, the friendly and hospitable people you will meet (many strangers wanting to chat) all made this trip totally worth it. Perfect for older travelers and younger ones wanting to fill their IG page with tons of incredible pictures. I highly recommend not only visiting Iran, but using Surfiran to help you tour their beautiful country!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank balooko31
Reviewed October 29, 2018

My wife Andrea and self recently toured Iran. We generally travel independently using tour guides sparingly. On this occasion though we enlisted the help of SurfIran. Our trip was a combination of winging it ourselves and using their experience to enhance the journey, Every guide they provided spoke excellent English and were thoroughly attentive to our needs. Importantly we were not steered into specific shops and the information at key sites was well researched and conveyed. In all we had four different guides. Two in Tehran, one who drove us from Mashhad to Yazd and another for one day in Shiraz. All of them gave us good hints for our onward journey which proved very useful. The accommodation provided was always up to expectation. From staying in a small village picking and sorting Saffron where we were greeted by the town hall staff, musicians and a lot of friendly locals to touring the major shrines we felt spoilt. Some of our requirements were out of the ordinary and SurfIran helped us with kindness and consideration leading their actions. We felt humbled at the service provided including booking hotels, homestays, transport, providing meals, advice and most importantly fully engaged, well trained tour guides. All at what seemed to us a very reasonable cost.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed October 25, 2018

Before traveling to Iran, I was a little bit worry and uncertain of what I was going to encounter . It's not a intuitive and easy trip at first glance. Search thought a lots of travel agencies and decide to go with SurIran. That makes all the diference in my trip. The kindness , attention and warm reception of all the staff was amazing. It put me at ease that things will be solved at any gridlock that could came along the process. Extremely reliable, honest and committed with the tourist I highly recommend SurfIran . I left the country with a big smile in my face and a lot of friends

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank rodolfo m
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Iran is not easy on the independent traveller who's keen to make the most of his time as booking in advance is not easy for hotels and almost impossible for transport

One would then expect to find hundreds of agencies filling in the gap but for all my searching, it was hard to find them online, and of the handful I found only Surfiran was replying promptly to my emails. I did not do such a thorough selection then, I was just happy to get responses to the questions I had and book the first few days with them

In particular they helped with:
- overnight train from Tehran to Ahvaz, they booked a 1st class compartment (this is important if you don't want to sleep with strangers). Be aware the ticket is in Persian!
- guide to pick us up in Ahvaz, take us to Shush/Shushtar/Choqa Zanbil and then to out hotel. This was the only disappointment and the reason why this is not a 5 star review. We paid 120eur (the most we ever paid in our 2 weeks in Iran) for a guy who spoke NO English, and was expecting to do the whole tour via a translation app. His excuse was that there aren't many tourist and he can't exercise his English much, however in the various sites we did see a few guides that spoke a good English so that really only felt like an excuse. Even the waiter at our restaurant spoke better English than him! This is not the fault of the agency, however it is worth bearing I mind that a few messages on WhatsApp won't give you a sense of the guide's ability with languages.
- bus from Ahvaz to Kazerun. It was hilarious to get on this bus, no one at the hotel in Ahvaz knew which station it departed from, so they arranged for a taxi to take us to a stop down the road and wait for it. Elham was very helpful here as we were not that into translation apps yet and so she was summoned on the phone to explain the situation. Very helpful indeed!
- hotels in Bishapur and Shiraz. Neither was easy to contact from abroad so it came in handy to have both booked via Surfiran

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank silviaaroundtheworld
ElhamB83, Sales Consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Silvia,

Thanks for the comment. We are happy that we could help you with your bookings. We are also sorry for the inconvenience the tour guide's poor command of English caused you. It is the problem sometimes we have in remote areas. I'm not sure but maybe the other tour guides you saw in the sites speaking fluent English were not from that region. If your tour started in Tehran, Shiraz, Yazd, or Isfahan, we could easily hire you a guide with a good command of English. However, since you only needed a guide in Khuzestan Province, we had to hire a local guide for you.

After all, we hope to see you in Iran again soon.

Best regards,