Review Highlights
Amazing trip to Persepolis and Pasárgada!

Surfiran is amazing! I booked a tour with them to Persepolis, Necropolis and Pasárgada and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
lauraamigo2018
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
via mobile
Amazing trip!

I had a wonderful trip with Surfiran, the agency is very professional and their guides are... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Sara88ny
New York City, New York

All reviews train tour visit iran tour company visa application unforgettable trip private tour guide driver day tour wonderful country persian history alborz mountains journey arya itinerary yazd shiraz ahmad
Reviewed October 29, 2018

My wife Andrea and self recently toured Iran. We generally travel independently using tour guides sparingly. On this occasion though we enlisted the help of SurfIran. Our trip was a combination of winging it ourselves and using their experience to enhance the journey, Every guide they provided spoke excellent English and were thoroughly attentive to our needs. Importantly we were not steered into specific shops and the information at key sites was well researched and conveyed. In all we had four different guides. Two in Tehran, one who drove us from Mashhad to Yazd and another for one day in Shiraz. All of them gave us good hints for our onward journey which proved very useful. The accommodation provided was always up to expectation. From staying in a small village picking and sorting Saffron where we were greeted by the town hall staff, musicians and a lot of friendly locals to touring the major shrines we felt spoilt. Some of our requirements were out of the ordinary and SurfIran helped us with kindness and consideration leading their actions. We felt humbled at the service provided including booking hotels, homestays, transport, providing meals, advice and most importantly fully engaged, well trained tour guides. All at what seemed to us a very reasonable cost.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed October 25, 2018

Before traveling to Iran, I was a little bit worry and uncertain of what I was going to encounter . It's not a intuitive and easy trip at first glance. Search thought a lots of travel agencies and decide to go with SurIran. That makes all the diference in my trip. The kindness , attention and warm reception of all the staff was amazing. It put me at ease that things will be solved at any gridlock that could came along the process. Extremely reliable, honest and committed with the tourist I highly recommend SurfIran . I left the country with a big smile in my face and a lot of friends

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank rodolfo m
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Iran is not easy on the independent traveller who's keen to make the most of his time as booking in advance is not easy for hotels and almost impossible for transport

One would then expect to find hundreds of agencies filling in the gap but for all my searching, it was hard to find them online, and of the handful I found only Surfiran was replying promptly to my emails. I did not do such a thorough selection then, I was just happy to get responses to the questions I had and book the first few days with them

In particular they helped with:
- overnight train from Tehran to Ahvaz, they booked a 1st class compartment (this is important if you don't want to sleep with strangers). Be aware the ticket is in Persian!
- guide to pick us up in Ahvaz, take us to Shush/Shushtar/Choqa Zanbil and then to out hotel. This was the only disappointment and the reason why this is not a 5 star review. We paid 120eur (the most we ever paid in our 2 weeks in Iran) for a guy who spoke NO English, and was expecting to do the whole tour via a translation app. His excuse was that there aren't many tourist and he can't exercise his English much, however in the various sites we did see a few guides that spoke a good English so that really only felt like an excuse. Even the waiter at our restaurant spoke better English than him! This is not the fault of the agency, however it is worth bearing I mind that a few messages on WhatsApp won't give you a sense of the guide's ability with languages.
- bus from Ahvaz to Kazerun. It was hilarious to get on this bus, no one at the hotel in Ahvaz knew which station it departed from, so they arranged for a taxi to take us to a stop down the road and wait for it. Elham was very helpful here as we were not that into translation apps yet and so she was summoned on the phone to explain the situation. Very helpful indeed!
- hotels in Bishapur and Shiraz. Neither was easy to contact from abroad so it came in handy to have both booked via Surfiran

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank silviaaroundtheworld
ElhamB83, Sales Consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Silvia,

Thanks for the comment. We are happy that we could help you with your bookings. We are also sorry for the inconvenience the tour guide's poor command of English caused you. It is the problem sometimes we have in remote areas. I'm not sure but maybe the other tour guides you saw in the sites speaking fluent English were not from that region. If your tour started in Tehran, Shiraz, Yazd, or Isfahan, we could easily hire you a guide with a good command of English. However, since you only needed a guide in Khuzestan Province, we had to hire a local guide for you.

After all, we hope to see you in Iran again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2018

A wonderful experience I would not want to miss. I enjoyed the trip a lot: The beautiful landscape as well as the perfect organization and lovely tour guide.

Date of experience: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Sima,

Thanks for your comment. We are happy that you liked the train trip.

We hope to see you again soon. :)

Best,

Reviewed June 25, 2018

As an American, solo female traveler, I was extremely curious but also apprehensive about traveling to Iran. My 15-day journey with SurfIran provided me an unforgettable experience that helped me see some of the most incredible places in this wonderful country. From Tehran to the Mesr Desert, Isfahan to Shiraz, a local home dining experience to exploring the ancient ruins of Persepolis, SurfIran provided an experience I'll remember forever. Everything went extremely smoothly and they had people readily available at all times to help answer my questions.

Sarah A. was an incredibly professional correspondent who always replied quickly and with utmost kindness and respect. Ahmad J. was the best guide you could ask for, with immense local knowledge, a hilarious sense of humor, and the flexibility to take us around the areas in cities that were most interesting or appealing to us. Morteza, our trusty driver, brought us around with care, entertained us with great music, was always prompt, and never batted an eye when we wanted to stop for photos or a snack.

In short, I'd travel to Iran with SurfIran a thousand times over again if I could. Don't think twice about booking your Iran adventure with them!

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank Kay R
Elham B, Sales Consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear Kay,

We are happy at SURFIRAN to know that you had an unforgettable experience in Iran. Thanks for all your kind words and we hope to see you again.

Best,