Review Highlights
MAGIC HAPPENS

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Colin M
Melbourne, Australia
Amazing experience, Incredible places, kind people

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Rodolfo M

All reviews unforgettable trip tour company visit iran visa mustafa itinerary journey yazd sites shiraz highlights guide culture information traffic persian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife Andrea and self recently toured Iran. We generally travel independently using tour guides sparingly. On this occasion though we enlisted the help of SurfIran. Our trip was a combination of winging it ourselves and using their experience to enhance the journey, Every guide they provided spoke excellent English and were thoroughly attentive to our needs. Importantly we were not steered into specific shops and the information at key sites was well researched and conveyed. In all we had four different guides. Two in Tehran, one who drove us from Mashhad to Yazd and another for one day in Shiraz. All of them gave us good hints for our onward journey which proved very useful. The accommodation provided was always up to expectation. From staying in a small village picking and sorting Saffron where we were greeted by the town hall staff, musicians and a lot of friendly locals to touring the major shrines we felt spoilt. Some of our requirements were out of the ordinary and SurfIran helped us with kindness and consideration leading their actions. We felt humbled at the service provided including booking hotels, homestays, transport, providing meals, advice and most importantly fully engaged, well trained tour guides. All at what seemed to us a very reasonable cost.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Before traveling to Iran, I was a little bit worry and uncertain of what I was going to encounter . It's not a intuitive and easy trip at first glance. Search thought a lots of travel agencies and decide to go with SurIran. That makes all the diference in my trip. The kindness , attention and warm reception of all the staff was amazing. It put me at ease that things will be solved at any gridlock that could came along the process. Extremely reliable, honest and committed with the tourist I highly recommend SurfIran . I left the country with a big smile in my face and a lot of friends

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Iran is not easy on the independent traveller who's keen to make the most of his time as booking in advance is not easy for hotels and almost impossible for transport

One would then expect to find hundreds of agencies filling in the gap but for all my searching, it was hard to find them online, and of the handful I found only Surfiran was replying promptly to my emails. I did not do such a thorough selection then, I was just happy to get responses to the questions I had and book the first few days with them

In particular they helped with:
- overnight train from Tehran to Ahvaz, they booked a 1st class compartment (this is important if you don't want to sleep with strangers). Be aware the ticket is in Persian!
- guide to pick us up in Ahvaz, take us to Shush/Shushtar/Choqa Zanbil and then to out hotel. This was the only disappointment and the reason why this is not a 5 star review. We paid 120eur (the most we ever paid in our 2 weeks in Iran) for a guy who spoke NO English, and was expecting to do the whole tour via a translation app. His excuse was that there aren't many tourist and he can't exercise his English much, however in the various sites we did see a few guides that spoke a good English so that really only felt like an excuse. Even the waiter at our restaurant spoke better English than him! This is not the fault of the agency, however it is worth bearing I mind that a few messages on WhatsApp won't give you a sense of the guide's ability with languages.
- bus from Ahvaz to Kazerun. It was hilarious to get on this bus, no one at the hotel in Ahvaz knew which station it departed from, so they arranged for a taxi to take us to a stop down the road and wait for it. Elham was very helpful here as we were not that into translation apps yet and so she was summoned on the phone to explain the situation. Very helpful indeed!
- hotels in Bishapur and Shiraz. Neither was easy to contact from abroad so it came in handy to have both booked via Surfiran

1  Thank silviaaroundtheworld
ElhamB83, Sales Consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Silvia,

Thanks for the comment. We are happy that we could help you with your bookings. We are also sorry for the inconvenience the tour guide's poor command of English caused you. It is the problem sometimes we have in remote areas. I'm not sure but maybe the other tour guides you saw in the sites speaking fluent English were not from that region. If your tour started in Tehran, Shiraz, Yazd, or Isfahan, we could easily hire you a guide with a good command of English. However, since you only needed a guide in Khuzestan Province, we had to hire a local guide for you.

After all, we hope to see you in Iran again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

A wonderful experience I would not want to miss. I enjoyed the trip a lot: The beautiful landscape as well as the perfect organization and lovely tour guide.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Sima,

Thanks for your comment. We are happy that you liked the train trip.

We hope to see you again soon. :)

Reviewed June 25, 2018

As an American, solo female traveler, I was extremely curious but also apprehensive about traveling to Iran. My 15-day journey with SurfIran provided me an unforgettable experience that helped me see some of the most incredible places in this wonderful country. From Tehran to the Mesr Desert, Isfahan to Shiraz, a local home dining experience to exploring the ancient ruins of Persepolis, SurfIran provided an experience I'll remember forever. Everything went extremely smoothly and they had people readily available at all times to help answer my questions.

Sarah A. was an incredibly professional correspondent who always replied quickly and with utmost kindness and respect. Ahmad J. was the best guide you could ask for, with immense local knowledge, a hilarious sense of humor, and the flexibility to take us around the areas in cities that were most interesting or appealing to us. Morteza, our trusty driver, brought us around with care, entertained us with great music, was always prompt, and never batted an eye when we wanted to stop for photos or a snack.

In short, I'd travel to Iran with SurfIran a thousand times over again if I could. Don't think twice about booking your Iran adventure with them!

2  Thank Kay R
Elham B, Sales Consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear Kay,

We are happy at SURFIRAN to know that you had an unforgettable experience in Iran. Thanks for all your kind words and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 16, 2018

I used Surfiran as my tour company in Iran. They were great! I had so many questions between when I started the booking and the day I actually arrived in Tehran, Elham was there for me whenever I emailed or called. Once I arrived in Tehran my guide was Ahmad. If you are going to Iran I highly recommend this young man to be your guide! He is personable, knowledgeable, kind, and understanding. Even tho I did not have a lot of time in Iran, Ahmad and Surfiran made the time I did have AMAZING! Iran is beautiful, thank you SurfIran and Ahmad for showing me this beauty!

2  Thank lsdourte

Dear Linda,

It was a pleasure to be able to help you with this fairly short trip. We hope to see you in Iran again for a longer time to be able to show you more of this beauty. :)

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

If you wish to explore the cradle of civilization look no further than Surfiran Tours. A tour company with experience and professionalism second to none, their staff enhanced my visit to Iran in a way I never expected.
It was Ahmad’s vast knowledge of his country’s ancient past, Morteza’s professional driving and humour combined with Sarah’s friendliness and attention to detail. Everything seemed to fit perfectly and I was treated like a family member.

I strongly recommend Surfiran Tours to anyone searching for something special and an experience like no other.
I hope to return one day and if I do I’ll be calling Surfiran.
A job well done!

2  Thank DonVito1986

Dear Vito,

Happy to know that you liked your trip to Iran. We all at SURFIRAN hope to see you in Iran again. :)

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience with Surfiran who helped us plan a customised honeymoon package that took us from Tehran to Kashan, Esfahan, the Central Desert, Yazd, Persepolis and Shiraz in 13 days.

Everything went smoothly thanks to Sarah who was extremely prompt over email and Whatsapp and kept in touch with our guides the whole trip to make sure things were on track. The guides - Hosein, Kian, Ali and Sajad - were all professional, attentive and spoke fluent English, each with their own distinctive personalities and all passionate to show us Iran from a local perspective.

I’ll admit we were rather cautious about going to Iran at first but the experience with Surfiran really changed our perspective. The level of service was comparable to what we were used to in Singapore and on trips to Europe and the hospitality and warmth far exceeding what we would have got from a mass tour.

Kudos to the team and we hope to be back!

Feng-Yuan
Singapore

Ps. The photos below include one of me with Kian who was our desert guide, and the other of me, my wife Gen in a group photo at the Prison Museum in Tehran. Sajad and Sarah are in the photo too.

2  Thank Liu F

Dear Feng-Yuan,

We are happy that you liked your stay in Iran and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and visit Iran. And if you would like a smooth, inclusive and carefree experience contact SurfIran.
Everything has been great, Sarah helped us from day 1, there were a couple of small misunderstanding/miscommunication on behalf of the Australian operator, and Sarah went above and beyond to sort them out.
The guides were fantastic, we spent a day with Sarjat in Tehran, followed by the rest of the tour with Arya. I will always treasure the memories I’ve made with these people and all the knowledge they’ve shared with us. Sarah called everyday to check that everything was good. I was very impressed by the level of attention.
Hotels were great, clean, comfortable and top quality service.
Definitely an excellent experience.

Dear Laura,

We, at SURFIRAN, are happy that you liked your trip to Iran and it was all a pleasure to be able to help you with the trip.
Hope to see you again in Iran. :)

Reviewed May 15, 2018

It may take a bit of effort to get to Iran but once there get ready for a really great experience. Tehran is bustling and surprisingly modern. Isfahan is a gem.
I found Surfiran to be a knowledgeable, reliable and approachable tour operator.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Mike B
Elham B, Sales Consultant at SURFIRAN, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Mike,

We are happy you had a good time visiting the country and thanks for the kind words. We hope to meet you in Iran again. :)