“A Hidden Gem”

South West England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,209 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Coco's is set in a converted villa in Adliya, a suburb in central Manama which is the setting of many of Bahrain's up market restaurants. Coco's is not upmarket, it is a cafe wedged in-between these restaurants where for a fraction of the price you can enjoy really good food. I was suprised to see Welsh Rabbit on the menu( a British dish which is actually melted cheese on toast). Alot of variety in the menu.
Downside is that it is so popular that service does suffer especially at peak times which can prove to be frustrating so avoid Friday & Saturday lunchtimes.

2 Thank AvidTraveler12

• Arabic first
Manama
“great place”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

one of my favorite places around Bahrain, great food and awesome atmosphere.
The down side is the slow service due to the huge amount of customers and small kitchen.

Visited January 2013
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I only went to this place as everything else round it was closed, and I've never even seen it as Its bit hidden, but I will go again soon as the foos was really nice, the terrace was refreshing and the staff was friendly.
Good value for food, Menu is big and there is a big variety on different kind of food.
No Alcohol, (good thing for me at that point :-/
All in all, a really good small place.

• Visited October 2012
“Best value for money for outdoor lunch in Manama”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm giving Coco's five stars on the key consideration of "value for money". Even the locals don't know how they keep the same prices for nearly ten years now. The food is delicious, the quality of each ingredient is always the highest. I'm a boring eater and usually order my favourite few each time we visit (every two weeks for the last 6 months), and I've never been once disappointed. Service is slightly spotty because they're understaffed, in my opinion. All the waiters are courteous and always try to do their best but their number is no match for the always-full place. So, be prepared to queue and don't go when you're starving because you'll have to wait a bit, but you'll be rewarded with great food in a lovely little garden. Enjoy the good weather while it lasts!

1 Thank Kenny_B28
Evanston, Illinois
“Excellent food overshadows the spotty service”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It is apparent that regular clients are willing are look over the long waiting time and below average service because the food is really good. Having this in mind, we arrived early in the evening and we were prepared for the worst. Much to our delight, we waited only for 10 minutes and were seated at the second level. It has a warm and inviting ambiance. Our order of beef stroganoff and grilled seafood is definitely worth the hassle. Towards the end, our server finally gave us a smile. This should be all what it takes to get a 5-star review.