“Overrated and overpriced” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Meat Co.

The Meat Co.
Ranked #3 of 513 Restaurants in Manama
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Overrated and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My fellow business travelers and I kept hearing raves about this place and were excited to visit on our last night in Bahrain. I could not have been more disappointed. The ambiance is lovely, but that's the best I can say. The prices are completely ridiculous, and the service was horribly slow. I had the rib sandwich because I refused to pay the prices for the more elegant dishes. I would think the ribs would be edible without silverware because they were on a sandwich, but they were full of fat and gristle. My friends' steaks were fine, but nothing to write home about. Save your money and get a steak at Bennigan's.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank meclark246
Foodfundint, Manager at The Meat Co., responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Meclark246,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent dining experience at The Meat Co.

I was concerned to read about the disappointments you faced during your evening. Please be assured that your feedback has been communicated with the respective departments and we will strive to improve the quality of our service by taking your comments into consideration.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Saudi Arabia
“Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

yet another great evening we had at the Meat Co. The manager and hostess were very helpful and friendly in finding a table for me, The restaurant was full. The service was the best we ever had, and the food specially the steaks were great.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Foodfundint, Manager at The Meat Co., responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear MajedSaudiArabia,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

It was also pleasing to know that you enjoyed the steak and and found the service exceeded your expectations. We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,

Manama, Bahrain
“Truly dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

The old Meat Co was amazing sadly the renovated version is an avoid at all costs place. We sent back our raw meat 6 times. The chef finally came out and could not defend the dreadful cooking involved. It's a steak, it really isn't that tough to cook particularly when charging 52BD. I will never return as the place has gone so far downhill it can never hit the old heights. Truly dreadful

1 Thank CJE1972
Dear CJE1972,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to read of your experience at The Meat Co Manama and would like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience caused with the undercooked steak. Please rest assured that the matter reported is not indicative of our usual high standards and that I have passed on your feedback to the concerned department in order for them to follow up as required.

Helston, United Kingdom
“Best wine and meat selection - possibly anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nested in the trendy Adliya part of Manama the Meat Co is a seriously happening place. Fun, vibrant and with great food - its a crowd pleaser.

The downstairs (non smoking) restaurant and upstairs (smoking) restaurant are fantastic. However head for the roof. Here there is usually a DJ and a small crowd. The view is great but you don't need it as the staff are extremely entertaining. ask them to 'do their thing' they will know what you mean and you won't regret it!

The Wagyu beef is exceptional, even if I did enjoy it avec tomato ketchup. Alice the greeter is great and 'on side'. This place is also great for just a drink pre or post meal.

Its not cheap but you get what you pay for!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear MaximillionMaximus,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments about your visit to The Meat Co Manama on TripAdvisor.

It is always gratifying for us reading about our customers experiences, and to know that you have enjoyed one of our most recognized restaurants in the company. It is certainly a pleasure to read your remark that we have the "Best wine and meat selection" and happy to hear you like the rooftop and our team knows how to entertain you. We appreciate such praise after your visit.

We have shared your feedback with the entire team and they are very happy to know that their efforts, have made a difference in your experience. This is certainly a great motivation for the team.

Thank you again for the great comments, looking forward to your next visit.

Muscat, Oman
“Fantastic Terrace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We took a four seater table in the top most terrace. The ambience changes as you climb upstairs and its all elegant and upbeat. The wine display looks inviting though a bit misleading as I asked for a bottle of Sarget but was told its just for display as it is from the old menu !
We tried the 650 US Prime Rib which I had high expectations but it wasn't up to my expectations nevertheless was a very good piece of stake and should be shared by two.

The wine list is strange as you see pages of different grapes with few options below and then one page for French Wine only with 4 options. We climbed up the ladder of the price tag and the one at the top is the one we liked the most and had more bottles of.

The staff were very attentive and friendly and our host Sue was just great.

To me , the terrace was the highlight of the real highlight of the experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles