“Fantastic atmosphere and amazing drinks!”

Trader Vic's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #8 of 538 Restaurants in Manama
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Description: Trader Vic's is a French Polynesian restaurant in the heart of Bahrain; it is a treasure to discover... The restaurant will welcome you with an exotic a la carte menu for lunch and dinner, and if you are in mood for a special cocktail, our bartenders will advise you through our great drinks menu.Finally, when the sunset comes, the terrace and lounge are the perfect places to relax with some refreshing cocktails and tidbits.Kindly note our entrance policy:- dress code : smart casual (no shorts, no flip flops, no sandals, no sports cap, no sport jersey, no sleeveless shirt) and full local traditional attire (thobe, guthra and sandals)- bar and lounge : a minimum age of 21 is required with a valid ID card
manama
“Fantastic atmosphere and amazing drinks!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great for drinks with friends. Not so fantastic for diner though,expensive for the portions and flavors are not WOW, but worth it though, for the atmosphere of the place.

• Visited December 2013
TraderVics_mgt, Public Relations Manager at Trader Vic's Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Aloha alestrela
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate your positive feedback in addition to your suggested areas for improvement, We are grateful to hear feedback from guests such as yourself as your comments will help us to improve the quality of our food and service for the future. We hope to welcome you to Trader Vic’s Bahrain again soon.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I hate you Trader Vic's!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Only couples!!! Seriously?? I will never think of visiting you again, even with my wife. What you guys do is wrong

Visited May 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Tropical retreat in Bahrain”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I love tiki, so I admit a bias. Trader Vic's is pricy, but the food's good and the setting is delightful. The koi pond is endless entertainment for the kids while the adults relax and enjoy the greenery.

• Visited June 2013
Aloha American_Abroad_12
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a relaxing experience with us, Once again, thank you, and we look forward to another chance to serve you!
Ashburn, Virginia
“There are better places to eat in Bahrain”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was with my husband and a group of friends at Traders Vic In May. My husband and I go out once a week because I generally like to cook my own food. When I eat at fancy places, I expect to have high quality and tasty food. I was very disappointed at Traders Vic. Food was okay and the price was outrageous for the quality. I ordered bass for dinner. The taste was fishy, the fish was thin and not at all what I expected.My husband ordered from their special 3 course menu. The steak was awful, it was not fresh or it was a cheap cut of meat. Really? 15 BD =40 $ for a cheap steak. He returned the steak and just ordered chicken. It was rubber chicken because it was overcooked. 40 $ for a dry piece of poultry. I will never recommend this place and I will never return to this restaurant. We were a group of 15 people. Another couple that was with us also was disappointed. Going to a new place is always a hit or miss. Many people have good experiences but we did not. Not going back there.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank teach4ldn
Aloha teach4ldn

First, I would like to apologize for not meeting your dinning expectations, it’s quite disappointing to hear that we failed to reach our goal, which is to provide outstanding food quality to our guests.
It’s quite disappointing to read comments like this, after the time, efforts we have put in our people and venue.

I sincerely hope that you would give us another chance to serve you, and I can assure you that
we are continuing to work harder to give our guests a great experience each and every time.
London, United Kingdom
“A great night out”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great food, great staff, great service...and live music too! A truly wonderful evening out and not that expensive either.

Visited February 2014
Aloha Matt G
Thank you so much for the fantastic comments. We are all about creating amazing experiences for each one of our guests and We are so happy you allowed us to meet your expectations, We hope to see here again soon!