“Clean Quite & Effordable”

Landmark Suites Bahrain
Ranked #102 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Clean Quite & Effordable”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Now I find the hotel very Neat, Quite and very friendly staff

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
CEOlandmark, General Manager at Landmark Suites Bahrain, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Dear SKR91158

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Landmark Hotel Bahrain.

We continue everyday to improve our service delivery to our guests as well as improve on the basics, like cleanliness, maintenance of rooms and common areas as well as our customer service skills through dedicated training of our staff.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Landmark Bahrain very soon

Regards

Mark Gillings
Chief Executive Officer
Landmark Hotels and Suites

Families
malaysia
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I feel compelled to write since I was using this tripreview on this hotel or my recent trip to Bahrain. And I know there must be lots of ppl searching for a hotel in Bahrain for the upcoming F1...anyway..

Unlike the others, I dont have any problems with reservation. It was rather smooth. The room itself is quite spacious. There is a kitchen unit, fridge and a microwave. The reception guys were not very helpful. The breakfast was the worst one I have seen in all my previous trips. The pool on the top floor is quite dirty although the views overlooking the marina is superb. Location wise, very near to the Exhibitiion Road where there are lots of shops, especially restaurants. I would say the hotel is Ok for just one or two nights business trips like mine.

The worst part is the toilet. It was smelly, the ceiling is cracked, and there are lots of stains on the floor. The hot water didnt work!, not good when you have to take a shower at around 12 am the morning to catch the flight at 3.30am...

I dont know how much this hotel cost as it was booked and paid by the company, so cant say much whether it is worth your money or not. The bottomline, dont expect anything special.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Manama hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Yep, we were there for the Grand Prix as well and exactly the same happened to us.

We turned up at 11am and were told by reception that the room wasn't ready. That was it. They then proceeded to ignore us while we asked if we could leave our bags etc, so we left to come back later.

We got back around 4pm and were told to wait on the couches in reception. After waiting for about 10 minutes I asked if the room wasn't ready and they said, "no, we have no record of your booking and our manager is coming over to move you to another hotel "personally" (as if he was doing us a big favour).

When the "manager" got there he said there was no record of us on the system (although it was clear from what the receptionist had previously said that we were there somewhere). He then said that he had a room in another hotel which we could take for exactly the same price, but we had to pay cash there and then, and he pulled out a big wad of money which he said other people that he'd "been able to help" had given him. There was no way I was giving this dodgy bloke cash so I kicked up a stink and eventually he let us pay by credit card. He then sent his off-sider with us in our car to get to the other hotel. He had no idea where it was but eventually we got there. It turned out not to be a hotel but a building of residential serviced apartments. The building was almost brand new, and was very nicely furnished.

However, when we looked a bit more carefully there were no sheets on the beds, no toilet paper, no soap or other bathroom amenities, no towels etc. Luckily we had the manager's mobile number so we rang him up, and the stuff was all dropped over at about 10pm - ridiculous. The cleaner looked at me as if I was mad when I asked if he was going to make the bed, and we ended up having to make them ourselves.

In the morning the manager delivered breakfast almost an hour later than he said, and the next two mornings it didn't show up at all. Which wasn't a bad thing as it was pretty scabby. The rooms weren't cleaned at all while we were there, and toilet paper etc wasn't replenished. The pool we had been promised was unuseable as it was "full of dust".

It was clear that the manager was making a hefty profit at our expense. Although we were not unfortunate enough to have to pay any extra, we were absolutely appalled at how it all worked out. if it hadn't been Grand Prix season we would have left and booked in somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Manchester, England
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Booked through expedia for the Grand Prix weekend, and reconfirmed 3 times by phone before arrival. However, when we arrived, we weren't on the guest list. On pushing the point, the helpful receptionist pulled out a file containing about 20 bookings of the unfortunate other people who have written reviews here. Someone had written "cancelled" in pencil on each of them. Utter banditry.

We were VERY lucky though, as there was still one suite available in the hotel and the receptionist put us in there for the same price. The suite and hotel were actually great once we were checked in.

Every time we walked through reception for the rest of the weekend, they were giving the same story about cancelled bookings to someone else. My heart went out to these poor people!

Avoid at all costs.

Stayed April 2008
England
Reviewed April 8, 2008

There seems to be a common theme cropping up with the Landmark Suites in Bahrain.... We booked our trip at the back end of last year in anticipation of the Bahrain grand prix in April 08'. We were thrilled with the price we paid for the hotel at the time of £150 for 3 nights accomodation and really looking forward to our stay.

However, upon arriving at the hotel...surprise, surprise they said they did not have our reservation!! Feeling exhausted and quite distressed at the possibility of having to sleep in the street because we knew all other accomodation was fully booked because the Grand Prix was in town, we were persistent with the hotel manager - after all we had confirmation of our booking in black & white!

The manager was having none of it though and just kept saying he had no rooms free!!! We asked if he would speak to the internet company who had reserved our room and he refused to call the UK saying it cost too much. Using our own mobile phone we made 2 telephone calls to the UK in an attempt to sort the matter out. Again the manager of the hotel just kept saying he had no rooms available and did not have a reservation for us. He then went onto say that he would find an alternative hotel for us of the same standard.

About 15 mins later we were booked into an alternative hotel, which was a complete hell hole!!! and the worst experience ever!! We ended up leaving the hotel the following night having found a room at the Radisson hotel at a considerable cost - it was an extreme measure but one that was necessary as we could not face a further night in the alternative hotel the Landmark Suites had arranged for us!!

Whilst we thoroughly enjoyed the grand prix, there is no doubt the problems we encountered with the Landmark Suites spoilt our overall experience...as for taxis in Bahrain - prepare to be ripped off, no matter what time of day it is!!

• Disliked — The fact we were lied to!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
larrybalky
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I booked into this hotel with expedia months before my trip. I reconfirmed directly with the hotel 3 weeks prior and then again the day of. They said everything was ok.

When I arrived they said they didn't have my reservation which was a lie and that they had no more rooms available but for 4 times the price they could get me into another hotel. Since it was 1am I had to take a room at double the rate that the "Manager" suggested. Meaning he had a place he could rent me at a considerable profit. He acted as if he was doing me a favour.

I was there for the F1 Grand Prix. I left the next day and canceled the rest of my trip to Bahrain. Also if you get there late at night the cab drivers will try and charge you 60 US dollars for a 5 minute cab ride!

Stay far far away from the cheats at the Landmark Suites in Bahrain. I've been to 30 countries all over the world and never seen such deceit.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — The People
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
Windsor Tower Hotel Bahrain