“Impressive brunch, outstanding view”
Review of Le Domain

Le Domain
Ranked #128 of 553 Restaurants in Manama
Cuisines: French, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Sauvage - a leatherbound masculine grill room with an open kitchen serving curated cuts of meat and classic French side dishes to share. Le Domain [34] - South of France cuisine - fresh sunny and light - made even more vibrant with Provencal herbs, olive oil, market vegetables, seafood and wine. An Art Nouveau setting and great city views add to the oh-la-la factor.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were a party of 12 for brunch, was given a very elegantly decorated private room. I have to say the selection, and quality of food was outstanding. Along with their brunch items, they also provided you with a list of specially prepared dishes. All drinks were included in the price.
The view is to die for! We highly recommend Domain for brunch and for High Tea (A group of 6 ladies joined me on a separate occasion)
Also, for the menfolk, they have a lovely private cigar lounge, again with incredible views.
*Parking was plentiful.

1  Thank Kimi F

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went to the Domain for their Friday Brunch. The displays of food was very nicely done. Amazing view from all seating areas. Private rooms available for parties.

Food areas ranged from cheeses, desserts, fish, tapas, breads, carving station, soup, salads, etc. After all the "finger-foods", you could continue your dinning experience by ordering a meal from the menu. Wait staff was very attentive.

Price included all the drinks you want (alcoholic or non-alcoholic). No rushing you out of the restaurant. Brunch started at Noon and ended at 4PM.

A bit pricey, but worth the experience.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had brunch yesterday at the Domain. We had a private room which could sit 12 There were 8 of us The room was very elegant with amazing views across the Diplomatic area and out to sea.
Service was friendly and quick and we were offered a good choice of cocktails first. This is not a huge buffet tlike some of the other hotels but the quality was fabulous and the food was very fresh apart from the buffet there was a choice of about 6 / 8 main courses. My only critism would be that there was a lot of fish and seafood which I dont eat!! But we all enjoyed it and its certainly in my top 3 brunches!! And we will be back

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We joined some friends for a Friday Brunch in the Sky Lounge. Upon our entry we were greeted by one of the most militantly rude hostesses that I have ever encountered in my travels. I mistakenly gave her the wrong name for the party we were to join and her reaction was one that had me soon fearing for my life. Even after my wife corrected my grievous error, we were looked at with much circumspect and loathing. We were quickly shown to where our party was which was located off the main floor in a private room. It is important to note that the rest of the staff was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. Once your past Frau Blucher, your good.

Of note here is that due to the amount of people in our party we were required to "head" the table at both ends. This required the person at the "head" to move in order to let someone who was seated at the far side to exit. Just something to keep in mind.

The lounge where the brunch was served was very attractive, light in appearance, small but with a sophisticated and modern aire. The view of Manama from the Sky Lounge is magnificent. The food choices from the buffet area were very good and appealed to our desire to try new things. The main meal for the brunch is actually ordered off the menu. I ordered the lamb but did not particularly enjoy it. It was a bit dry and not as tender or as flavorful as I had hoped. Likewise my wife ordered the seafood and she did not find it especially desiring as well. A friend of my did say that the gnocchi was superb.

Our advice for the Le Domain brunch is to keep hitting the buffet area as there is more than enough choices and quantity to fill up a large plesiosaur. The fresh crepe station was a big plus for me as well.

A gentlemen at the bar was quite aggressively advertising his title as a "mixologists" The ladies in our party were quite entertained by his ability to mix alcohol in several different types of presentations. For the guys in the room....Guinness was included in the alcohol. No further comment required. The libations quite freely flowed.

While enjoying a cigar in the smoking room my wife and I happened to meet the architect of the hotel. We complemented him on his design and as well had quite the many enjoyable conversations with people from all cultures and locales. One can easily surmise that the set up of the lounge, bar and restaurant area is designed to support interaction.

We would go back if so inclined.
See you on the trail and remember, don't be one of "those"

John Eric

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Summary: This meal was simply extraordinary - perfect from start to finish. I hate bad food, and rarely come across a restaurant that is worth writing a review about - Le Domain provided a memorable meal tonight, without exception, with great service to boot.

Recommended: the Wagyu steak, which melted like butter. The béarnaise and home-made mustard were terrific. We also ordered the gnocchi to share, possibly in the top three dishes of its kind I've tried. Even the bread was wonderful.

The wine by the glass (a South African merlot, served by a South African sommelier) was terrific, the desert (flour-less chocolate cake with vanilla ice-cream and nuts) was exceptional. Needless to say, the espresso was great.

A rare meal in which not one note was out of tune - congrats to the chef and staff.

1  Thank Sightseeing_Cynic