“Well Located”

Ranked #8 of 131 Hotels in Manama
london
“Well Located”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at the Mercure Bahrain for a recent business trip to the region. The rate included an airport pick up which provided a quick transfer to the hotel in about 15 mins. Check in was very quick although having asked for a non smoking room I found an ash tray / matches in the room and the smell of smoke. The hotel is located very conveniently next to two shopping centres and a series of restaurants, all located at the rear of the hotel about 2-3 mins walk. This makes the choice for evening meals and shopping in the immediate vicinity excellent. Some of the rooms have double bedrooms and if you happen to be next to one they can be quite noisy if large families are staying. I made use of the pool which is located on the roof terrace, although quite small it made a nice relaxing area to be. In addition to al la carte dinning the restaurant offers a buffet style choice in the mornings/evening, this makes it very useful if you are in a rush but to be honest I did not find the quality of the food fitting with the star rating. There is a bar located on the second floor which offers a range of western alcoholic drinks but not at western prices, I found the prices extremely high.

Tip - I found the prices for electrical goods offered at the Seef shopping mall cheaper than at Bahrain airport Duty Free.

Room Tip: A room on the shopping mall side of the hotel will be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank londonbelgian
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greeting from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,

We really appreciate that you do share with us your review; we will consider every single detail mentioned in order to be exceed your expectation in your future stay. We will always stay at your disposal to ensure that your next stay will be excellent one. Till than we do Thank you again

Sincere Regards

Mercure Grand Hotel Seef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

One of the most spacious room (actually rooms with kitchen!) that we have ever found in any hotel. Great for stay with kids. Friendly staff. Close to seef mall and many eateries. Food variety and taste need improvement; both for breakfast and room service.
Overall, it was value for money for us; more so since we booked via our office at corporate rate!
We can easily stay again here as long as breakfast has varieties few times a week!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank travel-leisure-fun
Dear Sir,

Greeting from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,

I want to Thank you on Behalf on our team for your decent positive comments about our rooms and Team , we will consider your food comments and be sure that such comments is very valuable for us in order to track & improve our services.
Looking forward to welcome you in your next stay and moreover to ensure that you will feel the positive impact on our Team and services in your future stay.

Sincere Regards,

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed November 7, 2013

excellent location, good staff always willing to go the extra mile! Nice terrace bar over looking over the city,after arriving at 8 am at the hotel it was great to find coffee and kettle in my room so i could get ready for a day off meetings!

• Stayed September 2013
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you Helen for your positive Review. Our aim is to ensure that our guests enjoy always a memorable EXCELLENT stay.
Wait to see you in your next trip in Bahrain , to welcome you and offer you a stay that exceed your expectation and better than your recent stay.
Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Upon arrival staff was very kind and checked me in very fast. Staff has always been very kind and helpful..
Apart/hotel room was very well sized and comfortable. Pillow and mattress were very good.
No sound could be heard from out side or other rooms.
Breakfast is excellent and of very good quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Christian P
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Christian,

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel, Seef.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay at the Mercure Grand Hotel Seef that was sent through the Tripadvisor website.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We appreciate you shared your positive comments, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you once again in the near future.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I pay about the same price as when I stay at Moevenpick, where I have always stayed except this time, when I wanted to be closer to the city to have more choice of restaurants for dinner. I chose Mercure Grand because it is part of the Accor hotel group, where I collect reward points.

Yesterday evening, after work, I requested the reception for a shuttle to the airport at 7:30 am for today, and a wake up call at 6:00 am.

The wake up call came at 6:06 am, not bad, but they have to rely to a real person to call you.

They did not have the shuttle bus ready because reception forgot to book it for me. So they had to call a normal taxi to take me to the airport. The taxi fare was included in my bill upon check out, but nobody told the taxi driver that they (Mercure Grand) are going to pay him. Upon arrival at the airport, naturally, the taxi driver wanted to get his money from me. I explained to the driver that the hotel was supposed to pay him. I had to show the taxi driver the part of the bill that showed that I paid the hotel for the fare. Only then that he let me go.

At the breakfast restaurant, there were two other customers aside from me. I had to get my coffee as the waitress seemed so busy with something else. Three customers and she cannot serve coffee!

I saw the omelette cook serving eggs to another customer. He had a fork in his hand. As he was walking back to his station, he used the fork to scratch his back. He proceeded to place his fork at his cooking station ready to be used. I would usually order egss for breakfast. But this time I passed.

This is the first and last time that I will stay in this hotel. I guess back to Moevenpick.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Seef_Bahrain, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay and share your valuable review.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the airport transportation incident, the breakfast. We do appreciate that you did choose our Hotel for the best Location between Malls and Restaurants. I will investigate all the incidence that you did mention and be sure all proper action will be taken to ensure Highest level of Services to be provided to our clients.
It is always our aim to respond to our guests ,take all comments positively to increase satisfaction and offer them an entirely satisfactory service at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Bahrain and hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.
Please contact me in your next stay and let me handle personally your stay and offer you a memorable stay.

Sincerely yours,
Yasser.bahaa@accor.com
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed November 3, 2013

it was great experience, i enjoy my stay at the hotel,, staff are friendly and service is excellent, room are big, clean and food is good, definetly i will come back to the hiotel, i will advise my friends to choose Mercure when they travel to bahrain

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ahmedgalal825
Yasser B, Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Greeting from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef,

On behalf of my team I want to thank you for sharing with us your comments about your stay in our Hotel. I will be delightful to welcome you and your family again in your future stay in Bahrain.
Please feel free to contact me if I be of any help to make every stay in our Hotel more memorable.

Sincerely ,
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice hotel to stay in for vacationing with family. Nice elegant roomy suites with all amenities. Amenities in the room were of better quality based on the class of the hotel. Nice pool on the rooftop was a getaway for kids to enjoy their free time. So is the Spa for adults.

It is a good place for a budget stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Sir ,