“Far exceeded expectations”

Ranked #7 of 132 Hotels in Manama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The good thing about this hotel is its location and also the bigness of its room. which is good if you have children traveling with you. overall great hotel to stay at if you want to visit bahrain and if you want to be near Seef, Alaali and Citycenter Malls

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Hussam B
Yasser B, General Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Seef, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Mercure Guest,

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Grand Hotel Seef. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

yasser.bahaa@accor.com
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 28, 2011

- When I arrived, there was no door man or Bell boys, so you have to push your luggage around by yourself.
- The staff are not that friendly, incompetent, and not professional.
- The hotel looks and feels old, it has only suites.
- The suite was stuffy, smells and the furniture was old.
- I could not sit on one of the couches in the living room because it is almost broken and very old.
- The wireless internet did not work at all and I had to use the cable.
- The safe deposit box did not work and they had to change it.
- The slippers were very small and I could not wear them.
- The water pressure in the shower was horrible, and no matter how much I tried, I could not get the water to get hotter.
- The towels were old, overused, and they smell bad.
- The first night, I ordered mixed meat dish from room service, and it looked like if somebody had chewed it and I did not eat it.
- The variety of dishes at the breakfast was very limited.
- I went to the spa on one of the evenings, and I didnt find anybody at the front desk, so I had to help myself and take a towel, and when I arrived at the outdoor pool, the lights were turned off.
- The check out took me around 45 minutes, because the lady at the front desk could not do a simple job of separating certain charges and give me my bills, and even with the help of two other persons, I left the hotel without the invoices because i was late for my flight!

Summary, I think the so called French chain management should take a close look on what is happening in this property!

Room Tip: Dont stay there!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hani2011
Dear Mr. Hani,

Greetings from Mercure Grand Hotel Seef.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Grand Hotel Seef. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I will highly appreciate if you can send me back by return email more details about your experience, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

yasser.bahaa@accor.com
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel three times and i find it to be decent for the price. I believe that all rooms are suites with a living rooms, a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. There is a balcony off of the living room. The decor is middle eastern and very nice. Breakfast is included and substantial, with a good selection of Arab and Western foods and the staff is extremely courteous. There is a rooftop pool and a bar that does serve alcohol. Most of the staff appear to be guest workers from South Asia. Many (but not all) of the Arab guests treat them like dirt, I felt really sorry for them. Room service was delicious, a selection of warm and cold mezze but it took forever to arrive. There are a few beautiful malls nearby but other than that you cannot walk to anything. Definitely not the best hotel in Manama but it delivers good service and clean rooms for a midrange price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business