“Very impressed”

Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very impressed”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I never write reviews but felt compelled to do so this time! I fly into Bahrain regularly on business and have been looking for a top quality hotel other than the Ritz Carlton which is good but a little off the beaten track... I gave this hotel a go because I heard it’s new and the food is great. As you enter, the lobby is very plush and well fitted, however lacks a little size & grandeur of some of its competitors. Don't let this fool you, the rest is very upmarket and would stand out amongst the best international hotels. The owners have spared no expense. It's fitted with the latest tech, rainfall showers, free minibar etc oh and Molten Browne goodies - a luxury for us Brits. The bars and restaurants are also very impressive. I went to a bar on the 36th floor (I think) which was uber cool, great atmosphere, view and cocktails.

So the driving factor for me to write this review?? The breakfast!! WOW I just wasn’t expecting that kind of quality... I stay in hotels costing twice the price in London and they should come here and see how to do it properly... I had the American breakfast and it was excellence, all the trimmings, fresh and cooked to perfection...

Next time I go back I want to try the Japanese restaurant; an employee told me they have the fish flown in from Japan every day!!

Finally they took me to the Airport in one of their 7 series BMW's. Very nice touch.... Apart from going back, writing this review is the least I could do...

Room Tip: I had an Executive suite which is on the corner. These have a great shower with a view!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nick370
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Always great to hear that The Domain delivered a great experience. Thank you very much for your compliments, we will make sure that the respective departments hear about your comments, too. The Domain Bahrain is first and foremost a Social Club, but is inhabited by a luxury boutique hotel, which perhaps somewhat explains the quirky interiors. So good to read that you enjoyed them!

At The Domain we take comfort and luxury experiences very seriously. So anything that “touches” our Guests has to be of top-quality. Molton Brown amenities are just one of the many touches that compliment a stay at a luxury hotel.

When you next book The Domain for your visit to Bahrain, it would be my pleasure to introduce you to the menu of Imari – our newly opened Japanese restaurant and lounge. Contact me on Patrick@thedomainhotels.com and I will see to it that it will be just as special as your breakfast. Mind you, we don’t fly in fish every day, that would not be in keeping with our objective to minimize our carbon footprint.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The glamour and luxury of The Domain hotel is just remarkable.
My wife and I spent one night in one of the suites of this hotel and the we had one unique experience.
I totally recommend it for those who seek comfort, luxury, one special space.

• Stayed November 2013
Always great to hear that The Domain delivered a great experience. Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Domain and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have tried many brunch in Bahrain and Domaine is different in the way that you have lots of small portions so you really feel like trying them. They privileged the quality and it is one of the rare brunch were the food is more "french and fine" then "english and big". A must try.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Good to know that we share your passion for quality rather than quantity, when it comes to food. Small portions and lots of choice is what makes a great brunch. We look forward to welcoming you again soon at The Domain.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times the last three months, despite the fact it has just recently opened. Great suits, and great service and the restaurants are of a very high standard, especially the recently opened L'amari Japanese which is amazing. I will male this a weekend destination for me and family. great concept.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent experiences in our hotel. We are so pleased that we have met your expectations and you had a fantastic stay during your visits. We appreciate your valuable feedback about the services and restaurants. We are glad that you have made the Domain Bahrain as your place to stay during the weekends.
Looking forward to welcoming you again to The Domain.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2013

There is not much I can say about this hotel other than the fact it is AMAZING, I have stayed in various highly rated hotels around the world and this is one of the best if not the best. This is a fabulous hotel, in a gorgeous setting with great views! The rooms are absolutely stunningly designed with spectacular views and clean.
I would recommend that anybody visiting the super country of Bahrain makes The Domain Bahrain a must to visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The Domain B, Managing Director at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to know that we were able to create a great experience during your trip n Bahrain and very pleased to know that we were able to impress you in so many aspect such as our design and spectacular views. We hope to have the opportunity to host you on your next visit to Bahrain.

Manama
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My work colleagues and I visited this new hotel a couple of days ago and whilst it promises so much I was left disappointed.

The staff on the front reception were friendly and pointed us in the right direction of the elevator to the bar on the 36th floor. As we got in to the lift it felt like a cross between Alice in Wonderland meets Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - when you get in there you will know what I'm talking about. The décor was over the top and in truth it gave me a bit of a headache, but I could see what they were trying to do, it just didn't work for me. Nonetheless, we soon arrived at Txoko bar where we found a great spot in the corner. A waiter came to take our order but informed us that the kitchen wasn't open for food (despite my colleague calling ahead of time to check this fact) so we were disappointed to have to order off the room service menu, but we did so as actually we only wanted small snacks to share. While these were being prepared, we ordered some drinks. As they arrived, unfortunately the waiter spilt the two remaining drinks on the tray over the table and down the legs of three of my colleagues. After much fussing on our behalf, the mess was only somewhat cleared up, so the table remained a damp sticky mess for the duration of our time there. Don't get me wrong we could have moved but the view was so good. The waiting staff didn't really put much effort in to cleaning it all up, just gave us some napkins to be getting on with. Drama aside, the drinks looked amazing - please, if you like mojito's/cairpirhna's order the Girl from Ipanema - amazing! So delicious, yummy well worth trying.

We had our food, some hot and cold mezzah with three orders of fries which went down well as we were hungry. After another round of drinks we got the bill and got ready to leave. We did think that BD82 for 11 drinks (four of which were soft) plus mezzah and fries was a little on the steep side, so although the views were amazing, I shan't be going back again in a hurry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
My apologies for not responding earlier. I would like to personally apologize for this less then perfect experience, and I would like to make up for the inconvenience. We recently launched our Friday Brunch and it would be my pleasure to host you and three of your friends.
The challenges we have been facing with our guest elevators are being addressed as we speak. Lifts should run smooth and quietly, and we have been promised that this will be the end-result of the works that are currently being carried out.
I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience to hopefully make arrangements for your upcoming visit to The Domain Bahrain.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The view was great, it over looks the diplomatic area as well as the ocean. The staff were very friendly and professional. The hotel definetly meets international standards. Most importantly the hotel room was clean, clean, clean! I also loved the bathrooms, best shower I've had in weeks. Also finally, everything was beautifully designed, from the lobby, the bar, the rooms. My only complaint is that valet took forever to retrieve my car.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the comforts of your room.
Your kind comments about the rooms and hotel facilities are greatly appreciated. Hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.