“Good location nice staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bahrain International Hotel

Bahrain International Hotel
Ranked #47 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Stockholm
“Good location nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

I have read so many bad reviews about this hotel...
I was wondering what´s wrong with me ? I enjoyed my stay there... very good location , close to everything the room was fine... the staff was fine... breakfast was ok... but the coffee... well that´s the same all over the world.. hotels coffees are bad.

ok.. Btw. the beds are too hard... and there were alot of chineese hookers around in the lobby and bars ... but I liked the Philippino rockband in Rocklands

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tagbilaran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

I don´t know how to explain my holiday in bahrain,In september 2009 I visited this country because i´ve never been in the Gulf contries before .after some hours after my arrival in the hotel international bahrain i felt my self shoked when i´ve seen the room where i should be :it was horrible! dirty,....the service was very poor the only one language spoken is english althought the most of the staff can´t speak it well !
In this country there are many contradictions: very reach people from other Gulf countries ( Arabia Saoudia,Kuwait...) come to enjoye them selves and to do what is forbidden in their countries( Alkohool,Prostituiertion,....)and very poor people from India,Pakestan,Philipine,China..work for the reach people ...
The hotel international bahrain was full of the tow sorts ,it was disgusting to be in this hotel and very dirty to be outside...really I want to forget this very bad holiday and I will never visit this county again....

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank meddy38

Travelers are raving about these Manama hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

Hotel is on Govt Avenue (business area - not great for cafes or restaurants) in the middle of town, but this is the only positive thing to say about it. Rooms are looking very tired and need some serious renovation. Bathrooms are no better.

There's a nightclub on the ground and 1st floors which runs until 2 am each night - seemed a little sleazy.

When I arrived in the morning, I was given a room on the 1st floor. When in the evening I got back around 11 pm and realised how noisy it was, I asked for a room change. Initially I was told 'Sorry - no other rooms available'. When I made clear that I knew full well it was not peak season and there were plenty of empty rooms, front desk agreed to a change and gave me the key to a better room away from the noise. All seemed good until I returned to the front desk later in the evening to explain that I had a flight early next morning and I wanted to pay the bill and get my passport back. They then asked me to pay extra money for the better room they had given me !

Eventually after some arguing front desk backed down, and I got my passport back. Following morning when I was leaving, I handed in my key but the staff said they had to check the room before I left (the minibar was empty). Given the previous evening, I just walked off, and ignored them.

There have to be better places to stay in Manama than this.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank pmbma
North of England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

Exactly one year ago I wrote an honest review of this hotel and whilst not full of praise I had basically defended it based on price and the services offered. However, I cannot say the same for this trip. Here are some of the problems I found during my 9 day stay.

Rate:

Rates at this hotel have increased by 40%, yet services have decreased by about the same amount. I was charged BD18 this time last year, but it is now BD25? Whilst most hotel rates throughout this small island have been increased, I found the rate to be way over the top for the class of hotel.

This hotel is not geared up for the Western traveller and targets services and facilities for the regional Arab weekend revellers (Saudis and the like).

Reservation:

As with last time they failed to provide their "courtesy" airport pickup service. This left me high and dry at the airport and I was forced to pay BD10 (about £20) for an airport taxi. They failed to provide my requested front side room even though they agreed to my room preference during the reservation process. After a lot of discussion I was eventually ‘upgraded’ to a decent room after changing rooms twice. This was solely due to the efforts of the assistant front office manager, whom I cannot praise more for his excellent management and customer relations skills. Sadly though he was in a league of his own and I cannot say the same for the other staff.

General cleanliness:

The hotel isn’t clean to Western standards. My room on this occasion was not cleaned properly or in a timely fashion. Almost every day I left the "clean my room" tag on the door only to find a few hours later that it hadn't been cleaned. I found a ‘clean’ towel with lipstick on it. The room cleaning staff do not pay attention to even basic cleaning and I often found a bar of soap in the bathtub after it had been “cleaned”. The windows are filthy and have not been cleaned in a long time. They are so dirty you cannot see out of them.

Restaurant:

The Pasha restaurant is unfriendly, dirty and there is a definite lack of attention to customers. The waiting-on staff assemble in the small office area ignoring customers while the manager watches TV. I don’t think they even vacuum the carpet as I had often seen crumbs on the floor and the same crumbs at breakfast the next day.

Staff attitude:

I found there was a general ‘couldn’t care less’ attitude among many of the staff even some of the front office staff.

Overall impression:

Would not stay again unless improvements are made. With the upcoming Bahrain Formula One in April, they are going to have to seriously improve to attract the international visitors that attend the event.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2008

My flight was delayed coming into Bahrain, and therefore I missed my connecting flight. The Airline provided me with a room at this hotel. This is the worst hotel I have been to. The rooms do not appear to be remodeled in the last 15+ years. Cigarette burns everywhere, from the carpet to the television set. The room was not vacuumed as apparent by the crumbs and lint on the carpet. They also only provide one bath towel, when I asked for another and never got one. I called again for a towel and then they came to my room and had to explain they only provide one, after repeated pleading they finally provided an extra towel. The lobby was also an uninviting place and seemed unsafe with bars lining the way to the entrances and exits. I would never let my wife come near this place alone. I also saw a group of teenage boys harassing a young woman. This was the worse 16 hours of my trip abroad, and I hope I forget it. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank chiller670
Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2007

One of the dirtiest and noisiest hotel I have ever had .Room was v.bad and restaurant was dirty and there was no parking...I don't recommend it to anybody

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2004, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelSaudiArabia
Oulton Broad, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2007

A word of advice.....
This hotel is NOT for western travellers, it is marketed at the indian sub-continent and the standard of the rooms reflect this.
Hotel and rooms are very poor, I stayed for 1 night only, (too tired to find another hotel) even though I was booked for a week, checked out first thing in morning.
The room was not cleaned very well, the mini bar was empty and the bathroom was extremely grimey and leaks appeared from several fixtures.
You have been warned!

• Liked — Central Location
  • Disliked — The Awful Rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank dazzking