“Great Value for the Business Traveller”

Bahrain International Hotel
Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Dubai
“Great Value for the Business Traveller”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Complimentary Airport Pick and Breakfast. Located in the center of town and close to the Bahrain Financial Harbour.

Good facilities and close enough to plenty of other establishments if you want to venture out of the hotel for food or drinks.

Room Tip: All rooms have been recently renovated. Above the 5th floor seems to have less traffic noise but the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dave_dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
kuwait
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I used to live in Bahrain and now live in Kuwait. I travel back to Bahrain regularly for a weekend of booze, etc. I ALWAYS stay in the Bahrain International. I once booked Gulf Gate and the moved back to here after one night as Gulf Gate was nowhere near the same standard.

At bahrain International, rooms are clean, staff are friendly and breakfast is basically edible. For the price you pay it is the best in Bahrain - if you want 5 star, pay the 5 star prices instead!

so there are hookers downstairs - you dont have to talk to them or go with them and unlike at other hotels you dont get bothered by them knocking on your doors or calling your rooms.

Give BI a break. it is fab and unbeatable for the price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank johntalbot
montreal
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We decided to take a trip to Bahrain as my friend had been living in Kuwait and I decided to visit, after a few weeks of boredom from the sand we chose Bahrain. We were told you could swim and dress less conservatively. The tour agency booked this hotel. We then went home to check the hotel reviews and were terrified. But actually we were pleasantly surprised. All the reviews are very judgmental of this hotel, but let me remind everyone that at three star hotel in a foreign country is never of the same standard as Europe or North America. Keeping this in mind, we did not expect too much. Yet, the hotel was pretty cool. In summer the AC is essential and it was always very cool. The room is very large, two twin beds, a sitting area with two couches, lamp, etc, and another sitting area overlooking the city which is kind of in a nook of its own in the hotel. The furniture is outdated, old curtains, old wood. But the place is clean, hardwood floors, clean bathroom, even though it was old. The beds, I will be honest was hard, but if you are paying peanuts, don`t expect gold. We had a tv, those looking to watch it, there are a hundred arabe channels and 2 english, the movie channel and animal planet. My friend and i had fun watching them. The free breakfast in the morning was fine. Actually it was even better than a lot of continental breakfast places ive had in the US and Europe. «you usually had omellettes, breads, jams, sausages, cream of wheat, etc. After 5 days of this you get tired, but it definitely fills you up to save money. Also, a tip for those that are travelling cheap. Walk out the back door to the hotel and explore the streets, many cheap vendors and restaurants selling thai, indian, arabe, chinese, etc kinds of foods for less than 1.5 bd for a full meal. We never got ill, we are both Canadians and the standards were fine. Also, walk down the street 2 minutes by the KFC and grab a cab there, you will save 1 bd by avoiding the charge for waiting for you at the hotel. Anyhow, as for the prostitues and the asian ladies down in the lobby, its less sleazy than another person wrote on the reviews. There is a kind of bar/restaurant in the hallway of the hotel lobby many arabs and some indians hang out there and flirt with some of the Asian women. What do they do with them after, we didnt know and didnt care. It does not affect the hotel at all. In all, the hotel is decent and we would go there again. But we will nto return to Bahrain as we feel that tourism is not so popular for westerners in Bahrain.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank landry_natalie
Stewarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights as part of an organised tour to The Bahrain Grand Prix.

The hotel is basic, very basic and not up to European standards and certainly does not deserve the three stars it professes to have, one star is nearer the mark.

The restaurant doesn't really deserve the title and the breakfast is a disaster, cold food and rotten service prevail.

The bar areas are interesting. Watching the Saudis contravene every rule set by their religion is an entertainment but sleeping drunks at 4pm in the afternoon might not be to everyones taste nor the elderly Thai ladies touting for business. Bar Staff are more interested in the Saudis for whom money is no object. The equivalent of £4 for a small bottle of beer doesn't attract much of a tip and if you don't tip you are just ignored. A word of warning do not use the toilets in the public areas unless you want to catch something. They are disgustingly filthy. The nightclubs in the hotel just seem to be for the arabs to ogle women and get very drunk. Not worth visiting.

The bedrooms are clean but in need of refurbishment. They also need to rethink the matresses, the floor is softer.

Would I stay here again? Not unless I had to, like I did this time

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank Graeme2701

Travelers are raving about these Manama hotels

Stockholm
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I have read so many bad reviews about this hotel...
I was wondering what´s wrong with me ? I enjoyed my stay there... very good location , close to everything the room was fine... the staff was fine... breakfast was ok... but the coffee... well that´s the same all over the world.. hotels coffees are bad.

ok.. Btw. the beds are too hard... and there were alot of chineese hookers around in the lobby and bars ... but I liked the Philippino rockband in Rocklands

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tagbilaran
Germany
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I don´t know how to explain my holiday in bahrain,In september 2009 I visited this country because i´ve never been in the Gulf contries before .after some hours after my arrival in the hotel international bahrain i felt my self shoked when i´ve seen the room where i should be :it was horrible! dirty,....the service was very poor the only one language spoken is english althought the most of the staff can´t speak it well !
In this country there are many contradictions: very reach people from other Gulf countries ( Arabia Saoudia,Kuwait...) come to enjoye them selves and to do what is forbidden in their countries( Alkohool,Prostituiertion,....)and very poor people from India,Pakestan,Philipine,China..work for the reach people ...
The hotel international bahrain was full of the tow sorts ,it was disgusting to be in this hotel and very dirty to be outside...really I want to forget this very bad holiday and I will never visit this county again....

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank meddy38
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Hotel is on Govt Avenue (business area - not great for cafes or restaurants) in the middle of town, but this is the only positive thing to say about it. Rooms are looking very tired and need some serious renovation. Bathrooms are no better.

There's a nightclub on the ground and 1st floors which runs until 2 am each night - seemed a little sleazy.

When I arrived in the morning, I was given a room on the 1st floor. When in the evening I got back around 11 pm and realised how noisy it was, I asked for a room change. Initially I was told 'Sorry - no other rooms available'. When I made clear that I knew full well it was not peak season and there were plenty of empty rooms, front desk agreed to a change and gave me the key to a better room away from the noise. All seemed good until I returned to the front desk later in the evening to explain that I had a flight early next morning and I wanted to pay the bill and get my passport back. They then asked me to pay extra money for the better room they had given me !

Eventually after some arguing front desk backed down, and I got my passport back. Following morning when I was leaving, I handed in my key but the staff said they had to check the room before I left (the minibar was empty). Given the previous evening, I just walked off, and ignored them.

There have to be better places to stay in Manama than this.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo