“Good hotel isolated position”

Best Western Plus The Olive
Ranked #33 of 133 Hotels in Manama
“Good hotel isolated position”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Although it looks very boring from its surroundings and also the outside , inside it is fitted to a very modern and contemporary standard and I enjoyed my stay. Couple of things to be aware of , this hotel is close the the grand mosque but nothing else. I booked this hotel through LastMinute.com and wished I had not. LastMinute did not pay the hotel before I left so I had the pay the hotel myself and raise an issue with LastMinute. My serious advice is never use LastMinute and book the hotel direct and save yourself a lot of hassle. For the first night I ate in the Indian Restaurant. Very good food and good atmosphere. Although there were only 3 people in the restaurant they had a 4 piece Indian Band playing and it was great to eat and chat to the band at the same time. Worth a visit. I spent my next day walking from Juffair to Manama. It is a long way, but very safe and no problems at all. Manama itself is an odd little place, a mix of brand new buildings and the old market area. It is 40 years since I was last in Bahrain, and it is unrecognisable. Lots of people but I didn't see many Bahraini,s most of the population out on a Friday are Philippines, Indians or Pakistanis. A very safe an nice place to visit if only for a long weekend. Not much to do there but I liked it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank uktraveller1959

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
new zealand
Reviewed February 1, 2013

It's new, it's nice... but rooms are poorly insulated for sound. Many guests appear to be Saudi males, who care little for the comfort of others: shouting/ banging on doors/ loud music pass through easily to the rooms as the doors don't keep out noise. Wifi works well most time, bu it is a pain to have to constantly re-enter username and password. Staff very friendly and helpful

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank johnz
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The ambiance of the hotel was so good. And the interior of the rooms and lobby were pleasing. A good high speed Internet. The gym room was equipped with all the necessary amenities. The breakfast provided was really good. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.I would like to visit this hotel again and I recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Acosta R
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed December 31, 2012

When I was told I was staying at a Best Western, I was like "NO". But after making it to the building and getting to my room my mind was changed. This is a premier Best Western and people should stay here when visting. The staff is friendly and the free breakfast was good. ONly issues I had was the noise the doors made. When anyone closed it sounded like someone was trying to kick your door down. Then the other problem I had was my card being charged for nights after I checked out. BUT after a lengthy discusion, it was resloved and everyone was happy with the outcome. But this place is nice and I won't tell anybody different.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel just opened one month ago. The room was spacious, with a window which opens. The bed was very comfortable. Minibar empty. Free bottled water, kettle and very limited stock of tea and coffee. Wifi was ok, but it works with a password which is providedat reception and it is valid on a 24hours basis only. The bathroom was spacious and vey clean. But th bath is rather a shower... breakfast very average, quite dissapointing. There are two restaurants (Indian and Italian), a bar, swimming pool, gym, sauna and covered free parking. The service was excellent.
Cons: air conditioning was extremely high and it was freezing. The doors make a lot of noise as probably they are still new. Area with some discos and bars, a bit noisy.

• Stayed November 2012
Travelers also viewed these Manama hotels
Grand Safir Hotel
Atiram Premier Hotel
Atiram Premier Hotel
#67 of 133 in Manama
Residence Inn Manama Juffair

Been to Best Western Plus The Olive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus The Olive

Property: Best Western Plus The Olive
Address: Building 507, Road 2408, Block 324 | Al Juffair, Manama 1713, Bahrain (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS The Olive)
Location: Bahrain > Manama
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#17 Spa Hotel in Manama
#33 Luxury Hotel in Manama
Hotel Class:4 star — Best Western Plus The Olive 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus The Olive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus The Olive Bahrain/Manama