“Low End Sushi in a McDonalds-like fast food outlet”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Sumo Sushi & Bento

Sumo Sushi & Bento
Ranked #192 of 520 Restaurants in Manama
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sumo Sushi & Bento is celebrating over 15 years as the ORIGINAL family friendly Japanese cuisine franchise in the UAE and expanding. Since opening our first restaurant in Dubai we have expanded throughout the UAE. We have earned ourselves a solid reputation by providing quality menu items, a relaxing atmosphere and excellent service. We take great pride in what we do and value the opinion of our customers. We want you to feel at home here! Our love for authentic Japanese cuisine and appreciation for a memorable dining experience is what inspired us to bring quality and affordable sushi to the public.
Manama, Bahrain
“Low End Sushi in a McDonalds-like fast food outlet”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The sushi is not tasty. Don't bother going. If you are on the restaurant row astride the US Navy base in Juffair, there are way superior dining options of all ilks. Avail yourself of one of them but not Sumo. If you want sushi, go to Sato in the Gulf Hotel and splurge on half-price night.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank RichardThomas2001

• Arabic first
Aguas de Lindoia, SP
“Good food”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Good food, good value for money, well located. I enjoy their mushroom soup

Visited March 2012
Lagro, Quezon City, Philippines
“Great sushi”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Been a fan of this restaurant when I was in Bahrain. There's a certain taste that lingers in your taste buds...that you will always crave for it. Check this out you will love it.

• Visited March 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Okay for a quick sushi fix”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We went here the other day and I would have to say it is fairly average, as far as sushi restaurants go. The pieces were bigger and chunkier than I prefer, and there were several pieces that I simply could not cut or chew, which is kind of a killer for me. Not sure why sushi restaurants serve pieces like that, but somebody must like them. Service was fairly slow also as there were quite a few people in the restaurant. I don't know, I probably would not go back given all of the other better dining choices around. To me, it is just one more in an almost unterminable string of mediocre sushi experiences (with one notable exception) I've had recently.

• Visited May 2012