I'm a little torn about this review - I really want to make this an Excellent or Very Good because of the quality of the staff, but the other things are a bit lacking, unfortunately.
I checked in around noon and was attended by a very courteous and helpful young man, Tolga, I believe. (Plz forgive me if I've butchered his name!) and was later welcomed by Jennifer. Both were super friendly and made small talk while I was being checked in. Very nice touch, and I always appreciate personable service.
As an Platinum Ambassador, they upgraded me to the Club Level, which was probably a few tiers higher than what I had booked and again, that was a nice gesture by the team.
I was personally shown to the elevator and off I went. The rooms were on the higher level and were of average quality at best. I realize that the IC Regency is a fairly old property but I had read that the whole place had been redone. I guess it had, but still it lacked that oomph factor that one gets used to seeing in the Middle East/Asia region. Everything was present, was clean and comfortable, but didn't feel wow or 5-starey - not sure how to explain this one. Like some others have said, the sleep quality was also not the best ... mostly because of the poor pillow selection. Either thick and hard or soft and skinny, no way to get that perfect balance.
The breakfast in the Club Lounge was also nothing amazing, but it was enough to fill you up.
The hotel is located right in front of the bazaar which we liked. We were able to walk to the bazar and soak up a bit of the touristy local culture ;)
Overall, this is not a bad place by any means - you're treated very well by the entire team, but I cannot bring myself to give it more than 3-stars due to what I've come to expect from IHG properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city center next to the famous Bab Al Bahrain or Bahrain oldest market and in a walking distance to Bahrain Financial Harbor and World Trade Center, Intercontinental Regency Bahrain is an ideal address for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Regency Bahrain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Regency Bahrain Hotel Manama
- Intercontinental Bahrain
- InterContinental Regency Bahrain Manama