“Average rooms by IC standards, but amazing staff”

Ranked #1 of 133 Hotels in Manama
Riyadh
“Average rooms by IC standards, but amazing staff”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'm a little torn about this review - I really want to make this an Excellent or Very Good because of the quality of the staff, but the other things are a bit lacking, unfortunately.

I checked in around noon and was attended by a very courteous and helpful young man, Tolga, I believe. (Plz forgive me if I've butchered his name!) and was later welcomed by Jennifer. Both were super friendly and made small talk while I was being checked in. Very nice touch, and I always appreciate personable service.

As an Platinum Ambassador, they upgraded me to the Club Level, which was probably a few tiers higher than what I had booked and again, that was a nice gesture by the team.

I was personally shown to the elevator and off I went. The rooms were on the higher level and were of average quality at best. I realize that the IC Regency is a fairly old property but I had read that the whole place had been redone. I guess it had, but still it lacked that oomph factor that one gets used to seeing in the Middle East/Asia region. Everything was present, was clean and comfortable, but didn't feel wow or 5-starey - not sure how to explain this one. Like some others have said, the sleep quality was also not the best ... mostly because of the poor pillow selection. Either thick and hard or soft and skinny, no way to get that perfect balance.

The breakfast in the Club Lounge was also nothing amazing, but it was enough to fill you up.

The hotel is located right in front of the bazaar which we liked. We were able to walk to the bazar and soak up a bit of the touristy local culture ;)

Overall, this is not a bad place by any means - you're treated very well by the entire team, but I cannot bring myself to give it more than 3-stars due to what I've come to expect from IHG properties.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Agathe D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Mohammed B,

On behalf of the entire Management Team, we would like to extend our sincerest gratitude for your valued feedback throughout your stay, we are extremely disappointed to learn that we weren't able to exceed your expectations in regards of the Club Lounge Breakfast and our pillow selection. Please rest assured we have taken all your points on board for immediate consideration. Thank you for your lovely comment about the Team and especially Tolga and Jennifer. We have shared your feedback with the entire team in order to continuously deliver the first class service that we like to provide to our valued guests.
Please should you decide to come back, do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations Team, we will be delighted to assist you with any room preferences.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the hotel.

InterContinental Regency Bahrain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
East Windsor, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am currently staying in the hotel for 12 nights and I guess, unfortunately for me, my company has a deal with this hotel that give us a great rate, but with rooms that are the opposite if greatness like I have come to enjoy from an Intercontinental Hotel.

I checked in to a reservation for a single "Deluxe" on the first floor. The lobby staff was very friendly to great me and was very nice, but when he fished through a box for a physical room key to give me I wondered......hotels still use keys? I steped on the elevator and someone behind me asked me to press 5 and I was not able to since I did not have a card key like he did, so could not access the "real floors" I got off at one where the board rooms were and walked down to the end of the hall that I could feel the warmth of the outside through the emergency exit and knew I was definitly no in a typical hall. As a side Note the rooms along the way had labels for different airline flight crew lounges, so I gather this is where they put them up at discounted rates as well. My room was small and a bit dingy which was not too bad, but when I lay down on my bed after a 14 hour flight, I thought I was in a Red Roof Inn along a less traveled highway back in the states. I can take the "budget"room, but would have expected the bed to at least be of the same caliber as the normal rooms.
I guess I should not complain since someone at my company struck up the bargin for a great rate, but at who's expense? I have gotten great rates at many hotels, but never have been punished like this with lack of quality found when laying in my bed.
I was excited to be staying here when I was first booked, since it is an Intercontinental, but now just look forward to the time I can check out and get back to a good bed

The hotel itself is a very nice hotel with an excellent gym and big rooftop pool. The staff are friendly and they fixed a couple minor room issues when I asked, and the location is pretty good. I cannot give them a good review as it is really inexcusable that a hotel like this would have the one thing that should be consistent across all floors ( a clean comfortable bed) regardless of a corporate rate

Room Tip: DO NOT stay on the first floor, ask for a real room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mrsarcazim
Agathe D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear mrsarcazim,

On the behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your valued feedback throughout your stay. We are delighted to learn that you enjoy the service and the location of the hotel. We hope you had the chance to explore this very historical area of Manama with the souk very close by and plenty of nice restaurants around the hotel.
We are truly sorry to hear that you did not find your bed very confortable in your room.
We are actually in the process of upgrading the key system on the first floor also I can assure you that during your next visit at the hotel you will be able to enjoy a standard key. Our aim is to provide memorable moments and we hope we will be able to leave a positive impression.

In the meantime, should you need any special assistance, please do not hesitate to let us directly.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Not too far from the airport, classy hotel, very good service, what can i say. Good place to stay when in Manama. They have some very nice restaurants, i liked the Italian one in particular. Lovely food + the downtown bar has a good ambiance, even when there is no people around, also for small dishes. A plus is the swimmingpool on top of the roof; very nice place to relax, read and take a nap if you like to + very friendly and profesional service on every level. Also, if you wannamake a walk, the local shopping streets are close by. As i said, safe haven with a touch of class. I am faithfull to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Agathe D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Ivan D,

On the behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your valued feedback throughout your stay. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with particular regards to the location of the hotel, the service experience at Medzo and the nice ambiance of our Downtown Bar.

We hope it won’t be too long to welcoming you back for a relaxing time to the hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Intercontinental manamah is one of the best hotels in town, with good location 5 mins away from the malls and seef area.. the rooms was very great and clean... The crew been very helpfull and supportive to all the requests.
I would recommend this hotel for couples as well small family.

• Stayed September 2013
Agathe D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Bashar A,

On the behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your valued feedback throughout your stay as a valued guest with particular regards to the locality and service experience; as it was indeed our pleasure to be of service to you during your recent stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your future stays in order to ensure all your preferred preferences are adhered to and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times & keep returning as it has the most effiecient, friendly service I have found in the Middle East.

The front desk staff are extremely efficient and friendly. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very well appointed.

Downtown bar is a great bar & once again, friendly service is the norm. The meal quality is excellent & reasonable prices.

I had a problem with the breakfast, as some of the items were cold - upon my raising this at check-out, I was highly impressed with the caring attitude. There was a genuine attitude of wanting to put it right. It changed my mind from considering another hotel on my next visit, to one of "I must stay here again".

It's not always the size of the mistake, it's the speed of the recovery and this hotel really cares about its guests.

I'll be back - nothing surer.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear DxbPete,

On the behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your valued feedback throughout your stay. We have shared your lovely comment with the entire team regarding your appreciation of the service and our DownTown Bar. We were truly sorry to hear that you had an issue during your breakfast experience. Our aim is to provide memorable moments to our guests and we are delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

Dubai
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spend a weekend at the InterContinental Bahrain and liked every moment.

The location is very convenient to shopping malls and sightseeing.

We stayed on the executive floor which is worthwhile, since you can treat yourself with snacks, soft drinks/coffee/tea during the day and alcoholic drinks in the evening.

We particularly liked the gym/pool area which is located in the building next door.

We went to the souk on Friday evening but were a little shocked to see military tanks and many police men. Although we felt save we returned to the hotel after an hour visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Woso,

On the behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your valued feedback throughout your stay. We have shared your fantastic comment with the entire team regarding your great experience at the Club Lounge and at the Regency Spa. Our aim is to provide memorable moments and we are delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Three examples stood out in my recent trip to Intercon Bahrain. First was the exemplary patience of the front office staff both while checking and in as well as out. Second, the hard pillows I had requested prior to arrival were promptly there. And finally, the flexibility of the steak house to get me a dish from their Italian kitchen, just because there were 3 other guests in our group who liked the menu at the Steak House and I was a vegan ! Keep it up and keep smiling

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Agathe D, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Regency Bahrain, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Tallone2013,

On the behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your valued feedback throughout your stay. We have shared your fantastic comment with the entire team regarding your great experience at Legendz, our Best in Class steak house, and also the quality of service provided by our colleagues. Our aim is to provide memorable moments and we are delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.